GeForce 9600 GT
hello to all, i am newbie here.
I just want to ask if there is a posibility that my videocard problem can be fix?

Last year 2007 i bought nvidia videocard.
9600 GT
512 mb ddr3 256 bit
by the year 2009, i am very curious about the new driver version of this VC.
so i downloaded the new driver and installed it without uninstalling the older driver.
After that i reboot my pc and the problem occured, no display on my monitor only the black screen, or there's a time that monitor have display but only a garbage color blue, green, white on evryside of my monitor.
The prblem happened when i update into new driver version, so please any one can help me if there is a way to fix my crushed videocard.

Thanks. +_+
hello to all, i am newbie here.

I just want to ask if there is a posibility that my videocard problem can be fix?

Last year 2007 i bought nvidia videocard.

9600 GT

512 mb ddr3 256 bit

by the year 2009, i am very curious about the new driver version of this VC.

so i downloaded the new driver and installed it without uninstalling the older driver.

After that i reboot my pc and the problem occured, no display on my monitor only the black screen, or there's a time that monitor have display but only a garbage color blue, green, white on evryside of my monitor.

The prblem happened when i update into new driver version, so please any one can help me if there is a way to fix my crushed videocard.

Thanks. +_+

Posted 10/09/2011 09:47 AM   
start in safe mode .remove drivers do a cleansweep of graphics driver

then try re-installing drivers
if that fails try an older driver

start in safe mode .remove drivers do a cleansweep of graphics driver

then try re-installing drivers

if that fails try an older driver

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 10/09/2011 08:31 PM   
i tried uninstalled the driver like what you said in safe mode.
installed the new driver. nothing happened
installed the old driver nothing happened also.
... and by the way, what is cleansweep?
is this the same of uninstall?
i tried uninstalled the driver like what you said in safe mode.

installed the new driver. nothing happened

installed the old driver nothing happened also.

... and by the way, what is cleansweep?

is this the same of uninstall?

Posted 10/10/2011 04:44 AM   
try 197.45...if that doesn't work the card is dead

drivesweeper

drivesweeper

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 10/10/2011 05:29 AM   
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' date='10 October 2011 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1318224563' post='1305915']

drivesweeper
[/quote]

He's refering to a program that cleans out all left over traces of your videocards old drivers so theres no conflicts with the new drivers.

PS if the new driver's are the 285.38 BETA drivers they dont seem to like the 9600 series cards.
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' date='10 October 2011 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1318224563' post='1305915']

drivesweeper

He's refering to a program that cleans out all left over traces of your videocards old drivers so theres no conflicts with the new drivers.

PS if the new driver's are the 285.38 BETA drivers they dont seem to like the 9600 series cards.

Case Ultra Defender

MotherBoard Asus M4A785-M

AMD Phenom II X2 545 @ 3.5 GHz

3 GB (DDR2 SDRAM) 2x1024 2x512 @ 914 mhz

1 XFX 9600gt 700MHz, 821MHz, 1750 MHz

OCZ gamexstream 600 watt

1 250GB SATA II (7200rpm, 8MB cache)

2 320GB SATA II (7200rpm, 16MB cache)

Windows 7 ULT (32bit)

Acer 22 inch LCD @ 1920x1080

Posted 10/18/2011 06:59 AM   
the driver that i used before (downloaded) sound like 28X.XX... i can not remember. +_+
meaning the most compatble or recommended for 9600GT is 197.XX version
and no chance for the 28X.XX, oooo... its bad meaning theres no possibility
to fix my VC.

by the way i will try the driver sweeper
and if theres nothing happen... meaning my VC is totally dead.
the driver that i used before (downloaded) sound like 28X.XX... i can not remember. +_+

meaning the most compatble or recommended for 9600GT is 197.XX version

and no chance for the 28X.XX, oooo... its bad meaning theres no possibility

to fix my VC.

by the way i will try the driver sweeper

and if theres nothing happen... meaning my VC is totally dead.

Posted 10/20/2011 04:48 AM   
Lots of peeps been haveing major problems with installing the newer drivers because they have the 3d crap in them, dont install the 3d controller drivers they are causeing alot of problems with peoples GPU's right now, cause most if not all 9000 seires cards do not support it, but for some reason they are part of the 9000 series driver downloads. Runing the 3d controller drivers on a GPU that dont support it can damage your GPU, and if these are the problem and they are damageing the GPU's Nvidia should be liable for it cause they should be warning peeps of this before these drivers are installed. They should not even be included in drivers that there download thing suggests to download for these SPECIFIC GPU's if they dont support it.

I like Nvidia but this almost feels like they are trying to force people to buy new GPU's by purposely damageing older GPU's with bad drivers and calling it an over sight later. See if i get banned for this.
Lots of peeps been haveing major problems with installing the newer drivers because they have the 3d crap in them, dont install the 3d controller drivers they are causeing alot of problems with peoples GPU's right now, cause most if not all 9000 seires cards do not support it, but for some reason they are part of the 9000 series driver downloads. Runing the 3d controller drivers on a GPU that dont support it can damage your GPU, and if these are the problem and they are damageing the GPU's Nvidia should be liable for it cause they should be warning peeps of this before these drivers are installed. They should not even be included in drivers that there download thing suggests to download for these SPECIFIC GPU's if they dont support it.

I like Nvidia but this almost feels like they are trying to force people to buy new GPU's by purposely damageing older GPU's with bad drivers and calling it an over sight later. See if i get banned for this.

Case Ultra Defender

MotherBoard Asus M4A785-M

AMD Phenom II X2 545 @ 3.5 GHz

3 GB (DDR2 SDRAM) 2x1024 2x512 @ 914 mhz

1 XFX 9600gt 700MHz, 821MHz, 1750 MHz

OCZ gamexstream 600 watt

1 250GB SATA II (7200rpm, 8MB cache)

2 320GB SATA II (7200rpm, 16MB cache)

Windows 7 ULT (32bit)

Acer 22 inch LCD @ 1920x1080

Posted 10/20/2011 05:56 AM   
Nvidia, lay off the peyote, and quit making excuses. You make good cards for the most part, and had a little error. When you make a mistake, don't be defensive over it.

[URL="http://www.genie.in"] Deals[/URL]
Nvidia, lay off the peyote, and quit making excuses. You make good cards for the most part, and had a little error. When you make a mistake, don't be defensive over it.

Deals

Posted 10/20/2011 07:31 AM   
Scroll To Top