How come every time my display driver crashes and recovers while playing a games...
How come every time my display driver crashes and recovers while playing a game, games run choppy afterwards, and in order to get proper performance again I have to restart my PC? It seems like that somewhat defeats the purpose of having a display adapter recover if you have to restart anyways in order to continue playing. Also, that suggests that the display adapter in fact did not fully recover, if it does not perform normally anymore after crashing.
How come every time my display driver crashes and recovers while playing a game, games run choppy afterwards, and in order to get proper performance again I have to restart my PC? It seems like that somewhat defeats the purpose of having a display adapter recover if you have to restart anyways in order to continue playing. Also, that suggests that the display adapter in fact did not fully recover, if it does not perform normally anymore after crashing.

GTX 260 SLI

i5 2500k

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1

8gb RAM @ 1866mhz

Win7 Ult 64

Posted 10/05/2011 04:14 PM   
I have this same problem with the latest drivers (270.61 onwards) My graphic card crashes randomly and downclocks (which explains the choppy performance), after which I have to restart my PC. GT 240 1GB GDDR5 OC'd (655 MHz Core Clock, 1980 MHz Memory Clock, 1585 Shader Clock) Nothing to do with the OC or overheating (max 68c on full load) since it ran fine on the old drivers. It happens frequently with BF3 and it happened a few times with TF2.

CPU is a Core2Duo E7500 @ 3.3 GHz and 3 GB DDR2 RAM if that helps.
I have this same problem with the latest drivers (270.61 onwards) My graphic card crashes randomly and downclocks (which explains the choppy performance), after which I have to restart my PC. GT 240 1GB GDDR5 OC'd (655 MHz Core Clock, 1980 MHz Memory Clock, 1585 Shader Clock) Nothing to do with the OC or overheating (max 68c on full load) since it ran fine on the old drivers. It happens frequently with BF3 and it happened a few times with TF2.

CPU is a Core2Duo E7500 @ 3.3 GHz and 3 GB DDR2 RAM if that helps.

Posted 10/05/2011 04:30 PM   
It happens all the time to me in Bf3, and it also happens any time I play a Source engine game with SLI enabled.

edit: Also, I'm unsure if it's just that it's underclocking the card, because in L4D2, for example, after it crashes and recovers, the mouse movement is delayed.
It happens all the time to me in Bf3, and it also happens any time I play a Source engine game with SLI enabled.

edit: Also, I'm unsure if it's just that it's underclocking the card, because in L4D2, for example, after it crashes and recovers, the mouse movement is delayed.

GTX 260 SLI

i5 2500k

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1

8gb RAM @ 1866mhz

Win7 Ult 64

Posted 10/05/2011 04:32 PM   
Scroll To Top