-GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 MOTHERBOARD
-COOLERMASTER GX 650 SERIES 650 W PSU
-LG W2363D - PF TFT - LCD 3D MONITOR 23'' 120 Hz
-APEX 3620 CASE
-TURBO-X D 400 2.0 SPEAKERS
-Microsoft 600 Black Wired Keyboard
-Microsoft Ready Black Wired Mouse
-Trust Microphone MC-1200
-2 USB devices connected (mouse & keyboard)
-DVI-D connected monitor
-The case has 2 fans inside it (both of them are 120mm and one of them is LED)
-Western Digital AV-GP WD15EURS 1.5TB HDD 3.5" (Cache 64MB, IntelliPower, SATA 3Gb/s)

The questions:
1.Is my power supply enough for my system?
2.Will my GPU be able to play every game in ultra high settings for the next years?
3.Is my HDD good?

The problem:
From the beginning that I bought my pc,I am experiencing the same problem.I changed my GPU,I changed my PSU,I changed my motherboard,I changed my case,everything is updated (drivers etc.),my PC is new (only 6 months old) and I have checked everything else that can come to your mind!However,many of my games have very low fps!In Blur the fps start at 60 and when I am in some stages in the game they fall down to 30!In Grand Theft Auto IV I have auto configured setting and the fps drop from 120 to 30.I cannot record with fraps any game because there is stuttering and the fps drop to 30 - 20 (even in Garry's Mod !!!!)and even though I have a 120 hz monitor,why the fps of my games don't stay at 120 and they fall so much!!!!?!??!??!PLEASE GUYS ANSWER ME!!!I CANNOT STAND THIS PROBLEM ANYMORE!!!!
This is my pc rig:

-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz

-MSi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB DDR5 Twin FrozR II OC

-CORSAIR 4 GB 1333 MHz RAM

-GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 MOTHERBOARD

-COOLERMASTER GX 650 SERIES 650 W PSU

-LG W2363D - PF TFT - LCD 3D MONITOR 23'' 120 Hz

-APEX 3620 CASE

-TURBO-X D 400 2.0 SPEAKERS

-Microsoft 600 Black Wired Keyboard

-Microsoft Ready Black Wired Mouse

-Trust Microphone MC-1200

-2 USB devices connected (mouse & keyboard)

-DVI-D connected monitor

-The case has 2 fans inside it (both of them are 120mm and one of them is LED)

-Western Digital AV-GP WD15EURS 1.5TB HDD 3.5" (Cache 64MB, IntelliPower, SATA 3Gb/s)

The questions:

1.Is my power supply enough for my system?

2.Will my GPU be able to play every game in ultra high settings for the next years?

3.Is my HDD good?

The problem:

From the beginning that I bought my pc,I am experiencing the same problem.I changed my GPU,I changed my PSU,I changed my motherboard,I changed my case,everything is updated (drivers etc.),my PC is new (only 6 months old) and I have checked everything else that can come to your mind!However,many of my games have very low fps!In Blur the fps start at 60 and when I am in some stages in the game they fall down to 30!In Grand Theft Auto IV I have auto configured setting and the fps drop from 120 to 30.I cannot record with fraps any game because there is stuttering and the fps drop to 30 - 20 (even in Garry's Mod !!!!)and even though I have a 120 hz monitor,why the fps of my games don't stay at 120 and they fall so much!!!!?!??!??!PLEASE GUYS ANSWER ME!!!I CANNOT STAND THIS PROBLEM ANYMORE!!!!

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 02:10 PM   
1. I think your PSU is OK. If you think you are still having issues with your PSU, you can buy a PSU tester/multimeter to check the output voltages. But, assuming that it's working OK, 650W is enough for your system.

2. The GTX560Ti is a very capable card...it should serve you well for some time if you are using a single display. The 1GB VRAM will be a limitation if you get in to surround (gaming on multi-monitors).

3. IMO, you shouldn't use the WD 'Green' hard drives for your system drive since they are a lesser performing disk in favor of low power consumption. It would be fine as a documents/storage disk though. You can either get a WD Caviar Black if you want to stick with mechanical hard drives. The alternative is looking into a SSD, but it might be very costly depending on your budget.

Something else to consider with the poor gaming performance you are seeing is your CPU. While the 1055T is a 6-core CPU, most games will not utilize those 6 cores. So, the slower clock speed becomes an issue. I'm not sure how you feel about overclocking, but the 1055T's actually have quite a bit of head-room. When I had my 1055T, it got to 4GHz with very little effort...and I've seen the same from a lot of other X6 users. Anyway...the point is I'd like to see your CPU speed well into the mid-3GHz range. You're motherboard looks like it should overclock your X6 no problem...just remember you'll need to get your hands on a decent CPU cooler if you are just using the stock one.

Hope this helps :)
1. I think your PSU is OK. If you think you are still having issues with your PSU, you can buy a PSU tester/multimeter to check the output voltages. But, assuming that it's working OK, 650W is enough for your system.

2. The GTX560Ti is a very capable card...it should serve you well for some time if you are using a single display. The 1GB VRAM will be a limitation if you get in to surround (gaming on multi-monitors).

3. IMO, you shouldn't use the WD 'Green' hard drives for your system drive since they are a lesser performing disk in favor of low power consumption. It would be fine as a documents/storage disk though. You can either get a WD Caviar Black if you want to stick with mechanical hard drives. The alternative is looking into a SSD, but it might be very costly depending on your budget.

Something else to consider with the poor gaming performance you are seeing is your CPU. While the 1055T is a 6-core CPU, most games will not utilize those 6 cores. So, the slower clock speed becomes an issue. I'm not sure how you feel about overclocking, but the 1055T's actually have quite a bit of head-room. When I had my 1055T, it got to 4GHz with very little effort...and I've seen the same from a lot of other X6 users. Anyway...the point is I'd like to see your CPU speed well into the mid-3GHz range. You're motherboard looks like it should overclock your X6 no problem...just remember you'll need to get your hands on a decent CPU cooler if you are just using the stock one.

Intel Corei5 2500K @ 4.6 GHz, 1.35 V w/ Corsair H100 | Asus Sabertooth P67

2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 @ DDR3-1600, 8-8-8-24 CR2, 1.50 V

2x Asus GTX560Ti Direct CuII @ 950/1900/2200, 1050 mV (SLI) | Asus Xonar Essence STX

2x OCZ Vertex2 120GB (RAID0) | 1TB WD Black | Pioneer 12x BD-RW | Pioneer 24x DVD-RW

Corsair AX850W | Corsair 500R (White) w/ Scythe S-Flex Fans

Dell U2311H | WASD Custom Keyboard | Razer Mamba Elite | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser PC-350

Posted 10/05/2011 02:44 PM   
1.Yes,as your system is configured now
2.Not if you run extreme graphic's at high resolution's and want smooth framerate's in all game's.
3.Never used it but from what i read of the spec's it would'nt be what i would choose for a gaming system.

Have you set the nvidia control panel to prefer maximum performance in those game's
Just because you have a 120hz monitor does'nt have anything to do with the reason you are'nt getting a steady fpsecond all it does is display what your system is telling it to.

What i usualy do in your type of situation is try to narrow the possibility's down.

1.use msi afterburner or evga precision to monitor gpu temp's,gpu usage,fps,core,shader and memory clock,s in-game.

2.use cpuid hardware monitor to measure min.and max.temp's of the cpu and any other temp's it will detect and also voltage.

3.if anything look's the least bit suspicious i use OCCT to test the individual component.

4.if all appear's normal i reinstall the O/S and driver's.

Most often those step's take care of the issue.

2.Not if you run extreme graphic's at high resolution's and want smooth framerate's in all game's.

3.Never used it but from what i read of the spec's it would'nt be what i would choose for a gaming system.

Have you set the nvidia control panel to prefer maximum performance in those game's

Just because you have a 120hz monitor does'nt have anything to do with the reason you are'nt getting a steady fpsecond all it does is display what your system is telling it to.

What i usualy do in your type of situation is try to narrow the possibility's down.

1.use msi afterburner or evga precision to monitor gpu temp's,gpu usage,fps,core,shader and memory clock,s in-game.

2.use cpuid hardware monitor to measure min.and max.temp's of the cpu and any other temp's it will detect and also voltage.

3.if anything look's the least bit suspicious i use OCCT to test the individual component.

Posted 10/05/2011 02:48 PM   
[quote name='geerboy' date='05 October 2011 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1317825881' post='1303688']

[/quote]
Thank you very much geerboy for your reply.I always considered my HDD as the main cause of the problem.I just didn't believe that just a HDD can cause such a low performance on a high end PC.Hey,do you have any sugestions on which other HDDs can I buy?Can you also send me a link or write me the way to overclock my CPU and please I wanna know if it's gonna be fine after the overclocking.I don't want to burn it!LOL /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.Thanks for any further help

P.S. What does ''IMO'' means??
[quote name='geerboy' date='05 October 2011 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1317825881' post='1303688']

Thank you very much geerboy for your reply.I always considered my HDD as the main cause of the problem.I just didn't believe that just a HDD can cause such a low performance on a high end PC.Hey,do you have any sugestions on which other HDDs can I buy?Can you also send me a link or write me the way to overclock my CPU and please I wanna know if it's gonna be fine after the overclocking.I don't want to burn it!LOL /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.Thanks for any further help

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 03:35 PM   
[quote name='Impatient' date='05 October 2011 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1317826138' post='1303690']

[/quote]
Your suggestions are kinda hard for me to be accomplished.Anyway,thanks for your help and for taking the time.However,I don't agree with what you say about my monitor.It is a 120 hz monitor.It is supposed to have a locked framerate to 120 fps.It's annoying to have such low fps with such a good monitor.Thnx for any further help,too...:)
[quote name='Impatient' date='05 October 2011 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1317826138' post='1303690']

Your suggestions are kinda hard for me to be accomplished.Anyway,thanks for your help and for taking the time.However,I don't agree with what you say about my monitor.It is a 120 hz monitor.It is supposed to have a locked framerate to 120 fps.It's annoying to have such low fps with such a good monitor.Thnx for any further help,too...:)

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 03:37 PM   
You can not agree all you want but the only way to have a locked framerate of 120fps is to have vertical sync enabled in either the nvidia control panel or enabled in-game and also to have a system that is capable of keeping a steady framerate of 120fps.

Your monitor just display's what is being delivered too it by your system.Otherwise you would have to say that your varying framerate's are because your monitor is'nt locking in the framerate so then it would have to be a monitor error would'nt it?
You can not agree all you want but the only way to have a locked framerate of 120fps is to have vertical sync enabled in either the nvidia control panel or enabled in-game and also to have a system that is capable of keeping a steady framerate of 120fps.

Your monitor just display's what is being delivered too it by your system.Otherwise you would have to say that your varying framerate's are because your monitor is'nt locking in the framerate so then it would have to be a monitor error would'nt it?

Posted 10/05/2011 04:02 PM   
[quote name='JimmyzzzX' date='05 October 2011 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1317828910' post='1303731']

[/quote]

No problem...glad to help! Regarding the hard drive, have a look at this link. The WD Caviar Black's are quite popular and are suitable for a system drive. Just pick the size you think you'll need for your system.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=Caviar+Black&x=0&y=0

I won't completely fix the issues you are seeing...but, you're OS will be on a much better drive.

With overclocking, I'll see if I can find a guide for you...if not, I'm quite familiar with AMD CPUs so I can help you out. Before you do anything, you'll need a good cooler on your CPU. What kind of budget are you on? High end coolers can be around $90 USD...budget coolers can be around $30 USD.

Oh and 'IMO' means "in my opinion." /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='JimmyzzzX' date='05 October 2011 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1317828910' post='1303731']

No problem...glad to help! Regarding the hard drive, have a look at this link. The WD Caviar Black's are quite popular and are suitable for a system drive. Just pick the size you think you'll need for your system.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=Caviar+Black&x=0&y=0

I won't completely fix the issues you are seeing...but, you're OS will be on a much better drive.

With overclocking, I'll see if I can find a guide for you...if not, I'm quite familiar with AMD CPUs so I can help you out. Before you do anything, you'll need a good cooler on your CPU. What kind of budget are you on? High end coolers can be around $90 USD...budget coolers can be around $30 USD.

2x Asus GTX560Ti Direct CuII @ 950/1900/2200, 1050 mV (SLI) | Asus Xonar Essence STX

2x OCZ Vertex2 120GB (RAID0) | 1TB WD Black | Pioneer 12x BD-RW | Pioneer 24x DVD-RW

Dell U2311H | WASD Custom Keyboard | Razer Mamba Elite | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser PC-350

Posted 10/05/2011 04:26 PM   
I can't speak for the other games but your fps in GTA 4 sound about right. With my i5 2500k/gtx 560 ti settings on high, I run 40+ with rare drops in the 30's.
I can't speak for the other games but your fps in GTA 4 sound about right. With my i5 2500k/gtx 560 ti settings on high, I run 40+ with rare drops in the 30's.

Gigabyte p67x-UDB-3

I5 2500k

EVGA SC gtx 560 ti OC' 900/1800/2106

Corsair vegeance 4g

Corsair 650w PSU

WD 320 HD

N-zero case

Windows 7 64 Home premium.

Browser IE 9/ FIREFOX /occasional TOR browsing.

Uninstalled realtek drivers and using MB HDMI drivers.

Posted 10/05/2011 04:31 PM   

[/quote]

Take a look at this guide...I know it's a long read, but it explains the process quite well. If you have questions, don't worry...just post them here and we'll help you out. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023

Take a look at this guide...I know it's a long read, but it explains the process quite well. If you have questions, don't worry...just post them here and we'll help you out. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 10/05/2011 06:27 PM   
[quote name='Impatient' date='05 October 2011 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1317830524' post='1303748']

[/quote]
I don't want to stay at ''maybe''.I want to go at ''sure'' point but,anyway,I will have my pc serviced by the store that I bought and we'll see what will happen.I'll inform you of everything they will tell me there.c ya /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='Impatient' date='05 October 2011 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1317830524' post='1303748']

I don't want to stay at ''maybe''.I want to go at ''sure'' point but,anyway,I will have my pc serviced by the store that I bought and we'll see what will happen.I'll inform you of everything they will tell me there.c ya /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 06:45 PM   
[quote name='Northwoods' date='05 October 2011 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1317832267' post='1303763']
[/quote]
I don't know man.I find videos on youtube in which they record gta iv using fraps and their rig is worse than mine and their fps stays always at 60.It is strange and annoying at the same time...
[quote name='Northwoods' date='05 October 2011 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1317832267' post='1303763']

I don't know man.I find videos on youtube in which they record gta iv using fraps and their rig is worse than mine and their fps stays always at 60.It is strange and annoying at the same time...

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 06:49 PM   
[quote name='geerboy' date='05 October 2011 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1317831960' post='1303760']

[/quote]
Thanx very much friend.I'll check everything you sent me and I'll inform you of the decisions I will make and the changes I'll do.The only thing I know now is that I will have my pc serviced and checked at the store that I bought it and they will tell me what is the problem.We'll see........./wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='geerboy' date='05 October 2011 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1317831960' post='1303760']

Thanx very much friend.I'll check everything you sent me and I'll inform you of the decisions I will make and the changes I'll do.The only thing I know now is that I will have my pc serviced and checked at the store that I bought it and they will tell me what is the problem.We'll see........./wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 06:51 PM   
[quote name='geerboy' date='05 October 2011 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1317839253' post='1303835']

[/quote]
thnx i ll do it /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> c u around
[quote name='geerboy' date='05 October 2011 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1317839253' post='1303835']

thnx i ll do it /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> c u around

[b][/b]Jimmy

Posted 10/05/2011 06:56 PM   
Scroll To Top