Geforce GTX 460M drivers
I recently purchased a alienware with a geforce gtx 460m graphics card and Im trying to update the drivers to make sure they're completely up to date but I"m failing to do so keeps telling me that
"cannot find hardware"
any help on this topic would be great please
I recently purchased a alienware with a geforce gtx 460m graphics card and Im trying to update the drivers to make sure they're completely up to date but I"m failing to do so keeps telling me that

"cannot find hardware"

any help on this topic would be great please

Posted 10/03/2011 12:22 AM   
Hi
I have the same Problem!
I try to install the Beta Driver "Verde 285.38" on my Alienware M17x R3 with a 1,5 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
But the same Problem like Riakon!
I only get the answer: Grafic Driver can not find compatible Grafikhardware

What´s wrong?
Can anybody Help us?? PLEASE!!!
Hi

I have the same Problem!

I try to install the Beta Driver "Verde 285.38" on my Alienware M17x R3 with a 1,5 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

But the same Problem like Riakon!

I only get the answer: Grafic Driver can not find compatible Grafikhardware

What´s wrong?

Can anybody Help us?? PLEASE!!!

Posted 10/04/2011 04:49 PM   
Alright, I had the same problem too. I have an Alienware M17x with GeFore GTX 460M graphics. Here's the solution:
When you double click the exe (run the application) file, you will notice a box asking you where to extract the files.

So change this:

Extraction path:

C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\285.38\WinVista_Win7_64\International <---- this is what you need to change

To this:

Extraction path:

[b]C:\dell\drivers[/b]

It should be in dell\drivers. Otherwise it will not detect your GPU and say that it is not compatable.

Hope this helps,

The Fonz
Alright, I had the same problem too. I have an Alienware M17x with GeFore GTX 460M graphics. Here's the solution:

When you double click the exe (run the application) file, you will notice a box asking you where to extract the files.

So change this:

Extraction path:

C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\285.38\WinVista_Win7_64\International <---- this is what you need to change

To this:

Extraction path:

C:\dell\drivers

It should be in dell\drivers. Otherwise it will not detect your GPU and say that it is not compatable.

Hope this helps,

The Fonz

Posted 10/05/2011 03:28 AM   
Wow Thanx tons for this answer what an easy solution for a problem ive been trying to solve for 2 weeks now. Really appreciate this one.
Wow Thanx tons for this answer what an easy solution for a problem ive been trying to solve for 2 weeks now. Really appreciate this one.

Posted 10/05/2011 12:43 PM   
Hi FonzeGator36
Thanks for the fast answer.
But if have only the direction C\Drivers\Video
And if i copy the Driver in this path, i have the same problem, because after the double click on the setup.exe it open´s automaticly the nvidia Setup-Programm!

What do i wrong?
Hi FonzeGator36

Thanks for the fast answer.

But if have only the direction C\Drivers\Video

And if i copy the Driver in this path, i have the same problem, because after the double click on the setup.exe it open´s automaticly the nvidia Setup-Programm!

What do i wrong?

Posted 10/05/2011 07:57 PM   
[quote name='FonzeGator36' date='04 October 2011 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1317785319' post='1303474']
[/quote]

It's seriously as simple as that? Dear god.
[quote name='FonzeGator36' date='04 October 2011 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1317785319' post='1303474']

It's seriously as simple as that? Dear god.

Posted 10/05/2011 11:08 PM   
I didn´t have the Direction C:\dell\drivers
I have only c:\drivers and there the options: Video, Network, Storage, Audio and Input.
At Video i try to install the Driver and get on the Nvidia Programm which tell´s me: The Driver find no compatible hardware!
In other Forums they tell the same!! NO SOLUTION!!!

I have only c:\drivers and there the options: Video, Network, Storage, Audio and Input.

At Video i try to install the Driver and get on the Nvidia Programm which tell´s me: The Driver find no compatible hardware!

Posted 10/06/2011 05:58 PM   
[quote name='Fastep' date='06 October 2011 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1317923925' post='1304325']
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzMotq5Yj4A
[quote name='Fastep' date='06 October 2011 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1317923925' post='1304325']

Posted 10/07/2011 03:32 AM   
thanks a lot for your response I was able to install the drivers but Rage keeps saying when I try to run it that my drivers are not up to date which doesnt make sense to me seeing as the video driver installer said it finished installing and had me restart.
thanks a lot for your response I was able to install the drivers but Rage keeps saying when I try to run it that my drivers are not up to date which doesnt make sense to me seeing as the video driver installer said it finished installing and had me restart.

Posted 10/12/2011 02:58 PM   
also i seem to be still having graphic issues in rage I have a geforce gtx 460 on my desktop and have no issue but the gtx 460m seems to have problems maybe theres still a problem with drivers or something
also i seem to be still having graphic issues in rage I have a geforce gtx 460 on my desktop and have no issue but the gtx 460m seems to have problems maybe theres still a problem with drivers or something

Posted 10/13/2011 12:51 AM   
Scroll To Top