Nvidia 260 Driver Installation Failing
Hi,
I have been having a problem Installing drivers for the 260. This has been happening ever since 185.85 and is still not resolved in 285.38. I cannot install any recent drivers at all.
Here is a screenshot of the issue:

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/awp9wh.jpg[/IMG]

I have followed DJNOOB's guide @ [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555[/url] And the problem is still not resolved.

Can someone please advise what to do next ? Im out of Ideas.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP43-DS3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX version: 10.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 260
Driver version: 185.85
Stream processors: 216
Core clock: 576 MHz
Shader clock: 1242 MHz
Memory clock: 999 MHz (1998 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 448-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1663 MB
Dedicated video memory: 896 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 767 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.00.1A.00.0B
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Hi,

I have been having a problem Installing drivers for the 260. This has been happening ever since 185.85 and is still not resolved in 285.38. I cannot install any recent drivers at all.

Here is a screenshot of the issue:

I have followed DJNOOB's guide @ http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555 And the problem is still not resolved.

Can someone please advise what to do next ? Im out of Ideas.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: EP43-DS3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

DirectX version: 10.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 260

Driver version: 185.85

Stream processors: 216

Core clock: 576 MHz

Shader clock: 1242 MHz

Memory clock: 999 MHz (1998 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 448-bit

Total available graphics memory: 1663 MB

Dedicated video memory: 896 MB

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 767 MB

Video BIOS version: 62.00.1A.00.0B

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

Posted 10/01/2011 01:23 AM   
Self-Bump.

Is this Issue being looked at at all?
Self-Bump.

Is this Issue being looked at at all?

Posted 10/07/2011 05:06 PM   
Hi,

I am quite interested in the solution as well, I have the same issue with driver install.

Bumping from freedom and justice!
Hi,

I am quite interested in the solution as well, I have the same issue with driver install.

Bumping from freedom and justice!

Posted 10/08/2011 08:10 AM   
I have the Same issue, seems as if an older firmware messed up the Registry Keys and wont allow for me to remove them so i can update drivers.
I used many freeware registry cleaners aswell as some Microsoft programs. The Key is not null and cannot be removed i cannot take control of it and is becoming more of a hassle then what it should. I'm trying many supposed solutions with no avail. I'll still have add it till i can get it removed or an answer. To be honest if i have to format just to install drivers that Nvidia screwed up im gonna be pretty ticked.

Need i say i have a GTX 295 and these are the Registry Keys: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject.1\ & HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject\
I have the Same issue, seems as if an older firmware messed up the Registry Keys and wont allow for me to remove them so i can update drivers.

I used many freeware registry cleaners aswell as some Microsoft programs. The Key is not null and cannot be removed i cannot take control of it and is becoming more of a hassle then what it should. I'm trying many supposed solutions with no avail. I'll still have add it till i can get it removed or an answer. To be honest if i have to format just to install drivers that Nvidia screwed up im gonna be pretty ticked.

Need i say i have a GTX 295 and these are the Registry Keys: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject.1\ & HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject\

Posted 10/09/2011 08:36 AM   
I tried to look in the forum for some sort of solution about this... I still haven't found a solution... Any nvidia representative has any idea about what to do?
I tried to look in the forum for some sort of solution about this... I still haven't found a solution... Any nvidia representative has any idea about what to do?

Posted 10/13/2011 05:11 PM   
I've had the same problem for a while now and I can't solve the problem.Running a XFX 260GTX.
I've had the same problem for a while now and I can't solve the problem.Running a XFX 260GTX.

Posted 10/25/2011 07:10 PM   
Same here. Driver fails to install - full permissions to directories needed. Driver Sweeper 3.2.0 will not remove HKEY_CLASSES_Root\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject\ and HKEY_CLASSES_Root\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject.1\. CC Cleaner does not pick them up. Regedit states that the entries are corrupted. Followed all on-line clean install guides/suggestions. I've spent over a week trying to get a driver to work with my 560 TI. Vista 64.
Same here. Driver fails to install - full permissions to directories needed. Driver Sweeper 3.2.0 will not remove HKEY_CLASSES_Root\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject\ and HKEY_CLASSES_Root\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject.1\. CC Cleaner does not pick them up. Regedit states that the entries are corrupted. Followed all on-line clean install guides/suggestions. I've spent over a week trying to get a driver to work with my 560 TI. Vista 64.

Posted 11/21/2011 12:51 AM   
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject\ Can not be deleted
Nvidia Installer failed (GTX 550IT)

Same Problem here.
ANy help would be great
Thanks in advance
Wolfgang
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject\ Can not be deleted

Nvidia Installer failed (GTX 550IT)

Same Problem here.

ANy help would be great

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Posted 02/06/2012 12:37 AM   
5 months on and the problem persists, I will have to change to a AMD card.

I really have no option.

Cheers

Daniel
5 months on and the problem persists, I will have to change to a AMD card.

I really have no option.

Cheers

Daniel

Posted 02/11/2012 10:22 PM   
Guys, I have a solution! First you should remove everything nvidia related you can with both whatever program you use to clean registry entries(I use Driver Fusion Premium) and manually through regedit - give yourself permission when necessary like in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSetupPnpLockdownFiles case. Don't mind HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTNvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject.1 and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTNvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject they will persist. Then download latest driver update from the ofsite and [u]unpack it somewhere[/u]. Then use Windows Device Manager to initiate driver update manually - and specify where it should look for the driver. Thats it! Hope it will help those of you who have not yet moved to AMD. PS Mine is 560Ti.
Guys, I have a solution! First you should remove everything nvidia related you can with both whatever program you use to clean registry entries(I use Driver Fusion Premium) and manually through regedit - give yourself permission when necessary like in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSetupPnpLockdownFiles
case.
Don't mind
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTNvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject.1
and
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTNvViewHelperLib.CNvViewObject
they will persist.
Then download latest driver update from the ofsite and unpack it somewhere.
Then use Windows Device Manager to initiate driver update manually - and specify where it should look for the driver. Thats it! Hope it will help those of you who have not yet moved to AMD.

PS Mine is 560Ti.

Posted 03/06/2013 06:28 PM   
Scroll To Top