Battlefield 3 Surround?
  1 / 4    
Have you guys worked with Dice at all to get this working in surround like BFBC2 worked so well? Except for the long overdue crashing fix...
Have you guys worked with Dice at all to get this working in surround like BFBC2 worked so well? Except for the long overdue crashing fix...

Posted 09/28/2011 07:39 PM   
The answer is no.

HUD gets completely messed up, much of it vanishes and what little is left is on the outer edges of the side screens.
The answer is no.

HUD gets completely messed up, much of it vanishes and what little is left is on the outer edges of the side screens.

Posted 09/29/2011 09:14 PM   
It works perfect with my system. Try having a play with the resolution.
It works perfect with my system. Try having a play with the resolution.

Posted 10/05/2011 05:23 PM   
Now that the game is out everything seams alright with the hud but the team indication and enemy spotting is non-present so theres no way to distinguish between the enemy team and your own. This need an urgent Fix!
Now that the game is out everything seams alright with the hud but the team indication and enemy spotting is non-present so theres no way to distinguish between the enemy team and your own. This need an urgent Fix!

Intel 2600K@4.7GHz | 3X Asus VG236H NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround® | Lian Li PC-6070 | Zalman 9900CCMAX | Zotac GTX580 3076Mb 3-way SLi | Corsair 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz CL6 | Windows 7 64 Bit | Hiper Type R Mark-II 880 Watt | Pioneer DVR-112D | LG BH10LS30 | Asus P67 Revolution | WD RaptorX 150Gb | Acer H5360 | Logitech mx518

Posted 10/25/2011 10:30 PM   
Surround in this game is absolutely useless without a fix. What kind of oversight is this, Nvidia? Are we supposed to just shoot everyone on the map and hope that some of them are enemies? Come on.

The light shafts are also distorted in Surround which makes things unbearably bright at times.
Surround in this game is absolutely useless without a fix. What kind of oversight is this, Nvidia? Are we supposed to just shoot everyone on the map and hope that some of them are enemies? Come on.

The light shafts are also distorted in Surround which makes things unbearably bright at times.

Posted 10/26/2011 02:07 AM   
This isn't an nVidia issue, it is a BF3 issue. ALL players using 3 monitors (nVidia and ATI) are experiencing the same issues.
This isn't an nVidia issue, it is a BF3 issue. ALL players using 3 monitors (nVidia and ATI) are experiencing the same issues.

Posted 10/26/2011 05:31 AM   
Surround worked perfectly fine on the Beta, but now on the full game I'm having the same issues as every one else. Seem DICE/EA don't want multi screen uses having an advantage with BBC2 having scrashing issues also.
Surround worked perfectly fine on the Beta, but now on the full game I'm having the same issues as every one else. Seem DICE/EA don't want multi screen uses having an advantage with BBC2 having scrashing issues also.

Posted 10/27/2011 11:39 AM   
Workaround...

Enabled window mode
Maximized Window
Hided Taskbar

Pro´s: Surround Gaming, Correct HUD Icons

Con´s: Massive Performance Drop!
Workaround...

Enabled window mode

Maximized Window

Hided Taskbar

Pro´s: Surround Gaming, Correct HUD Icons

Con´s: Massive Performance Drop!

Posted 10/28/2011 07:51 AM   
also hud gets corrupted when playing window mode
also hud gets corrupted when playing window mode

Intel 2600K@4.7GHz | 3X Asus VG236H NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround® | Lian Li PC-6070 | Zalman 9900CCMAX | Zotac GTX580 3076Mb 3-way SLi | Corsair 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz CL6 | Windows 7 64 Bit | Hiper Type R Mark-II 880 Watt | Pioneer DVR-112D | LG BH10LS30 | Asus P67 Revolution | WD RaptorX 150Gb | Acer H5360 | Logitech mx518

Posted 10/29/2011 10:05 AM   
BF3 in window mode is slow. SLI indicator shows no SLI use. It is buggy too... if you set your Desktop to bezel-corrected resolution BF3 will crash if you enter games Video-Settings.
BF3 in window mode is slow. SLI indicator shows no SLI use. It is buggy too... if you set your Desktop to bezel-corrected resolution BF3 will crash if you enter games Video-Settings.

Posted 10/30/2011 11:41 AM   
hi,the surround of bf3 does not work!

Somebody few to help me?

thx.
hi,the surround of bf3 does not work!

Somebody few to help me?

thx.

Posted 10/30/2011 11:15 PM   
DICE employee posted a few days ago that they are working with Nvidia and AMD on a fix. No details beyond that though. I'm surprised there are so few posts here about it - are these forums generally dead?
DICE employee posted a few days ago that they are working with Nvidia and AMD on a fix. No details beyond that though. I'm surprised there are so few posts here about it - are these forums generally dead?

Posted 11/01/2011 02:38 AM   
They're not super active, but they're far from dead. They seem to get little to no official support however :(
They're not super active, but they're far from dead. They seem to get little to no official support however :(

Posted 11/01/2011 03:23 AM   
[quote name='matrices' date='31 October 2011 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1320115088' post='1318375']
[/quote]

Well, people with 2D/3D surround setups are a very small minority of the total nVidia user base. I voice my issues here and file tickets with nVidia/Dice/whoever if there really is an issue, but I definitely understand if they prioritize the fix for our 2D/3D Surround behind people with a single monitor because we account for a small percentage of the total number of users. I'm fine with waiting in line and playing on a single monitor until a fix comes out.
[quote name='matrices' date='31 October 2011 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1320115088' post='1318375']

Well, people with 2D/3D surround setups are a very small minority of the total nVidia user base. I voice my issues here and file tickets with nVidia/Dice/whoever if there really is an issue, but I definitely understand if they prioritize the fix for our 2D/3D Surround behind people with a single monitor because we account for a small percentage of the total number of users. I'm fine with waiting in line and playing on a single monitor until a fix comes out.

Posted 11/01/2011 01:30 PM   
Well I simply won't be buying the game until they fix the worst offending bugs that should never have made it past beta. I speak with my pocketbook. If they want my money then they will fix the bugs. If not then c'est la vie.
Well I simply won't be buying the game until they fix the worst offending bugs that should never have made it past beta. I speak with my pocketbook. If they want my money then they will fix the bugs. If not then c'est la vie.

Asus P8P67 Pro | i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | 8 GB DDR3 1866 | Nvidia GTX760 SLI | Samsung 840 500GB SSD and WD 1TB | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Acer 3 X GD235HZ - Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted 11/01/2011 04:45 PM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top