2D Vision Surround problems
Hey,

I recently bought a new rig and monitors so I could run 2D vision surround. I have 2 GTX 570's and 3x Asus VH238H Monitors.
I can select span displays with surround from the Nvidia control panel, but when I get in to a game (Crysis 1, Starcraft 2, Fallout 3) It just plays in one monitor.
I have no options in the graphics tab to change the resolutions to encompass all 3 monitors.

It's also maybe worth mentioning that my Crysis doesnt even have 1920x1080 and I have to play instead on 1600x900.

I dont know if I need patches for the games or anything else.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S When using the Heaven DX11 benchmarking program I can run that at surround perfectly. But no actual games.
Hey,

I recently bought a new rig and monitors so I could run 2D vision surround. I have 2 GTX 570's and 3x Asus VH238H Monitors.

I can select span displays with surround from the Nvidia control panel, but when I get in to a game (Crysis 1, Starcraft 2, Fallout 3) It just plays in one monitor.

I have no options in the graphics tab to change the resolutions to encompass all 3 monitors.

It's also maybe worth mentioning that my Crysis doesnt even have 1920x1080 and I have to play instead on 1600x900.

I dont know if I need patches for the games or anything else.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S When using the Heaven DX11 benchmarking program I can run that at surround perfectly. But no actual games.

Posted 09/25/2011 06:23 PM   
Please help me someone :(
Please help me someone :(

Posted 09/28/2011 08:30 AM   
Don't have an answer at this point...but yes..you always need to install the latest patches of the game you play !

And use the latest Nvidia drivers aswell....
I think 40% of the most problem can be resolved with a simple patch or driver update..
Don't have an answer at this point...but yes..you always need to install the latest patches of the game you play !

And use the latest Nvidia drivers aswell....

I think 40% of the most problem can be resolved with a simple patch or driver update..

Intel I7 930 2.8 Ghz (3.75 Ghz)MSI MS7760 Motherboard, 6GB )2x MSI GTX670 (SLI),OCZ SSD 30Gb,OCZ SSD Agility 120Gb, Asus 3D VG278HR ,Optoma HD67 3D DLP Beamer with 95inch 2.5 gain screen.

Posted 09/29/2011 07:40 PM   
hello,

I have a 3-way SLI gtx 580 that works fine in 3d vision with the asus vg236 monitor& 3d vision kit2, but when i added 2 more identical screens the problems started to begin.
First i couldn't set the screens at the correctly side from left center to the right? the driver crashes,. i had to set it manually at the right place by replacing the dvi cables.
After this i can hardly switch it in surround mode( a screen went black,i had to reboot several times,everything was blocked) because of the hertz it switches in 120 hz automaticly , i had to first switch it in 60 hz. finally the first problems where solved but now i can't play with full settings?
It crashes in bf 3 & mw3. Here below you find a list of my expensive system that a bought and doesn't work.
I REPEAT everyting worked very fine in 3d sli on 1 screen with full settings (on 120hz 1980x1080 ultra)

asus maximus extreme IV p67 3-sli 8x16x16
i7 2600k stable oc @ 4.6 ghz with asus auto tuning
2x4gbddr3ram 1600 mhz ripjaws x gskill
1 gtx580 club 3d on the 8xslot
& 2 gtx evga gtx580sc on the 16xslots
a ssd force gt of 120 gb
psu 1000 watt & enough a guess a card consumes about 244w
all nicely cooled with 6 coolers in the nzxt phantom

Does someone knows a solution? I will keep you guys informed
hello,

I have a 3-way SLI gtx 580 that works fine in 3d vision with the asus vg236 monitor& 3d vision kit2, but when i added 2 more identical screens the problems started to begin.

First i couldn't set the screens at the correctly side from left center to the right? the driver crashes,. i had to set it manually at the right place by replacing the dvi cables.

After this i can hardly switch it in surround mode( a screen went black,i had to reboot several times,everything was blocked) because of the hertz it switches in 120 hz automaticly , i had to first switch it in 60 hz. finally the first problems where solved but now i can't play with full settings?

It crashes in bf 3 & mw3. Here below you find a list of my expensive system that a bought and doesn't work.

I REPEAT everyting worked very fine in 3d sli on 1 screen with full settings (on 120hz 1980x1080 ultra)

asus maximus extreme IV p67 3-sli 8x16x16

i7 2600k stable oc @ 4.6 ghz with asus auto tuning

2x4gbddr3ram 1600 mhz ripjaws x gskill

1 gtx580 club 3d on the 8xslot

& 2 gtx evga gtx580sc on the 16xslots

a ssd force gt of 120 gb

psu 1000 watt & enough a guess a card consumes about 244w

all nicely cooled with 6 coolers in the nzxt phantom

Does someone knows a solution? I will keep you guys informed

Posted 04/16/2012 11:38 PM   
[quote name='Doomaga' date='25 September 2011 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1316975018' post='1298502']
Hey,I recently bought a new rig and monitors so I could run 2D vision surround. I have 2 GTX 570's and 3x Asus VH238H Monitors.I can select span displays with surround from the Nvidia control panel, but when I get in to a game (Crysis 1, Starcraft 2, Fallout 3) It just plays in one monitor.I have no options in the graphics tab to change the resolutions to encompass all 3 monitors.It's also maybe worth mentioning that my Crysis doesnt even have 1920x1080 and I have to play instead on 1600x900.I dont know if I need patches for the games or anything else.Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.Thanks in advance.P.S When using the Heaven DX11 benchmarking program I can run that at surround perfectly. But no actual games.
[/quote]

As mentioned, be sure to keep your drivers updated.

Games typically should recognize the resolution set in Windows/NVIDIA Control Panel. But not all games will handle this gracefully, and some require manual editing to the config file to get the widescreen resolution to be used. It varies from game to game though.

As for the 3 games you listed Fallout needs to be manually edited, I havent tried Crysis or Starcraft yet, though RTS games typically do not have native surround support.

[quote name='stellerke' date='16 April 2012 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1334619484' post='1397239']
hello,I have a 3-way SLI gtx 580 that works fine in 3d vision with the asus vg236 monitor& 3d vision kit2, but when i added 2 more identical screens the problems started to begin.First i couldn't set the screens at the correctly side from left center to the right? the driver crashes,. i had to set it manually at the right place by replacing the dvi cables.After this i can hardly switch it in surround mode( a screen went black,i had to reboot several times,everything was blocked) because of the hertz it switches in 120 hz automaticly , i had to first switch it in 60 hz. finally the first problems where solved but now i can't play with full settings?It crashes in bf 3 & mw3. Here below you find a list of my expensive system that a bought and doesn't work.I REPEAT everyting worked very fine in 3d sli on 1 screen with full settings (on 120hz 1980x1080 ultra)asus maximus extreme IV p67 3-sli 8x16x16 i7 2600k stable oc @ 4.6 ghz with asus auto tuning2x4gbddr3ram 1600 mhz ripjaws x gskill1 gtx580 club 3d on the 8xslot & 2 gtx evga gtx580sc on the 16xslotsa ssd force gt of 120 gbpsu 1000 watt & enough a guess a card consumes about 244wall nicely cooled with 6 coolers in the nzxt phantom Does someone knows a solution? I will keep you guys informed
[/quote]

Only thing I can start with here, is the actual specs of your 580's, if you are running all 3 of these in SLI, you may need to manually adjust the clock speeds to match as that would be the likely factor causing issues here since one of those are factory over clocked and the rest are not.
[quote name='Doomaga' date='25 September 2011 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1316975018' post='1298502']

Hey,I recently bought a new rig and monitors so I could run 2D vision surround. I have 2 GTX 570's and 3x Asus VH238H Monitors.I can select span displays with surround from the Nvidia control panel, but when I get in to a game (Crysis 1, Starcraft 2, Fallout 3) It just plays in one monitor.I have no options in the graphics tab to change the resolutions to encompass all 3 monitors.It's also maybe worth mentioning that my Crysis doesnt even have 1920x1080 and I have to play instead on 1600x900.I dont know if I need patches for the games or anything else.Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.Thanks in advance.P.S When using the Heaven DX11 benchmarking program I can run that at surround perfectly. But no actual games.

As mentioned, be sure to keep your drivers updated.

Games typically should recognize the resolution set in Windows/NVIDIA Control Panel. But not all games will handle this gracefully, and some require manual editing to the config file to get the widescreen resolution to be used. It varies from game to game though.

As for the 3 games you listed Fallout needs to be manually edited, I havent tried Crysis or Starcraft yet, though RTS games typically do not have native surround support.

[quote name='stellerke' date='16 April 2012 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1334619484' post='1397239']

hello,I have a 3-way SLI gtx 580 that works fine in 3d vision with the asus vg236 monitor& 3d vision kit2, but when i added 2 more identical screens the problems started to begin.First i couldn't set the screens at the correctly side from left center to the right? the driver crashes,. i had to set it manually at the right place by replacing the dvi cables.After this i can hardly switch it in surround mode( a screen went black,i had to reboot several times,everything was blocked) because of the hertz it switches in 120 hz automaticly , i had to first switch it in 60 hz. finally the first problems where solved but now i can't play with full settings?It crashes in bf 3 & mw3. Here below you find a list of my expensive system that a bought and doesn't work.I REPEAT everyting worked very fine in 3d sli on 1 screen with full settings (on 120hz 1980x1080 ultra)asus maximus extreme IV p67 3-sli 8x16x16 i7 2600k stable oc @ 4.6 ghz with asus auto tuning2x4gbddr3ram 1600 mhz ripjaws x gskill1 gtx580 club 3d on the 8xslot & 2 gtx evga gtx580sc on the 16xslotsa ssd force gt of 120 gbpsu 1000 watt & enough a guess a card consumes about 244wall nicely cooled with 6 coolers in the nzxt phantom Does someone knows a solution? I will keep you guys informed

Only thing I can start with here, is the actual specs of your 580's, if you are running all 3 of these in SLI, you may need to manually adjust the clock speeds to match as that would be the likely factor causing issues here since one of those are factory over clocked and the rest are not.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/17/2012 12:43 AM   
i did it also with msi afterburner, i think its the memory frequency on the motherboard,
i boosted it ip to 1866 mhz and it starts to run but with a low fps about 14 fps.............

nothing changes if i boost up the cards
i also boosted up the processor to 5.0 ghz with a voltage of 1.45 maybe its it also but i think its the ram its also almost completely filled
but the ram in the cards also on bf3 but not on mw3. everything works on mw3 but it freezes sometimes in the menu so i think its the memory of tht motherboard.
i think the motherboard speed can not handle the cards speed of the gpu because thes cards are expensive guys, IT HAS TO WORK!!!!!!!!!
i did it also with msi afterburner, i think its the memory frequency on the motherboard,

i boosted it ip to 1866 mhz and it starts to run but with a low fps about 14 fps.............

nothing changes if i boost up the cards

i also boosted up the processor to 5.0 ghz with a voltage of 1.45 maybe its it also but i think its the ram its also almost completely filled

but the ram in the cards also on bf3 but not on mw3. everything works on mw3 but it freezes sometimes in the menu so i think its the memory of tht motherboard.

i think the motherboard speed can not handle the cards speed of the gpu because thes cards are expensive guys, IT HAS TO WORK!!!!!!!!!

Posted 04/17/2012 04:10 AM   
after a little research i think i figured it out..........................

First i was wrong with the dvi link collections, i putted it on the wrong side of each card.
Then i see on the nvidia side that there is just a 2 handfull of 3d vision surround games available at this moment.
would that be the problem why i cant play bf3 & mw3 in 3d vision surround are is there another problem???????

I'll keep you guys informed. If someone knows just let us know ok guys???
after a little research i think i figured it out..........................

First i was wrong with the dvi link collections, i putted it on the wrong side of each card.

Then i see on the nvidia side that there is just a 2 handfull of 3d vision surround games available at this moment.

would that be the problem why i cant play bf3 & mw3 in 3d vision surround are is there another problem???????

I'll keep you guys informed. If someone knows just let us know ok guys???

Posted 04/17/2012 06:14 PM   
hey i noticed that you are right about the clocks. i did the benching test with heaven dx11 benchmark 3.0. Thank a lot of the support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the msi afterburner a set the settings automaticly in start up but yoy where right you have to do it manualy in the msi afterburner you have to still push the apply button.
But there is still one problem. The bench don't want to work in 3d vision surround. There is a file missing in the 3d stereo driver i gues and i can not install the drivers thatt a received with asus screens.
I'm looking to solve the problem now.
Thanks again tecnical support! /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />)))))
hey i noticed that you are right about the clocks. i did the benching test with heaven dx11 benchmark 3.0. Thank a lot of the support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the msi afterburner a set the settings automaticly in start up but yoy where right you have to do it manualy in the msi afterburner you have to still push the apply button.

But there is still one problem. The bench don't want to work in 3d vision surround. There is a file missing in the 3d stereo driver i gues and i can not install the drivers thatt a received with asus screens.

I'm looking to solve the problem now.

Thanks again tecnical support! /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />)))))

Posted 04/18/2012 12:00 AM   
tell me this isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to set the video settings to medium in bf3 for 3d vision surround :(

All this money :( it should be ultra :( even with oc to 900 mhz each!!!!!!!!!
tell me this isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to set the video settings to medium in bf3 for 3d vision surround :(

All this money :( it should be ultra :( even with oc to 900 mhz each!!!!!!!!!

Posted 04/18/2012 01:39 AM   
ok i've got everything working on auto and its set it to textra quality on ultra and all the rest on high but i find it unexceptable for the price of all this.
ok i've got everything working on auto and its set it to textra quality on ultra and all the rest on high but i find it unexceptable for the price of all this.

Posted 04/18/2012 02:08 AM   
[quote name='stellerke' date='17 April 2012 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1334714916' post='1397680']
[/quote]

BF3 multiplayer is a demanding game. 3 way GTX 680s can't even run BF3 on Ultra at 5760x1080 wituout dipping below 60 FPS, but it can get really close. So if you're getting away with those settings with 2 570s then you're doing pretty good.
[quote name='stellerke' date='17 April 2012 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1334714916' post='1397680']

BF3 multiplayer is a demanding game. 3 way GTX 680s can't even run BF3 on Ultra at 5760x1080 wituout dipping below 60 FPS, but it can get really close. So if you're getting away with those settings with 2 570s then you're doing pretty good.

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79
CPU: Sandy Bridge-E i7-3930k @ 4.8ghz
Cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull config 4x120mm
RAM: 32GB(8x4) GeIL EVO Corsa 2400mhz (PC3 19200)
GPUs: 3x GTX 680 2GB 3 Way SLI
Main Displays: 24" Dell U2410 IPS Ultrasharp and 2x 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC Ultrasharps (6040x1200 2D surround)
Accessory Display: 21.5" Asus VS229H-P IPS 1920x1080
HDs: OS: 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD; Games: 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD; Apps: 128GB Crucial M225 SSD; Storage: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1

Posted 04/18/2012 03:11 AM   
Scroll To Top