Dead Island- Nvidia Geforce 9200
Hello guys and girls. I'm having a serious problem with Dead Island and I think it's my graphics card.

I have the Integrated Geforce 9200 version 280.26, I have an AMD athlon II X3 425 Processor at 2.7~Ghz and 3GB ram. My friend has an acer laptop which has about the same graphics card rating, 2GB ram and 2.2~Ghz processor.

So to the problem, I try to play this game on Low performance and It's very laggy. But when I set it up for High Performance its less laggy but theres still alot of lag. My friends laptop can play this on High performance very easily just with some lag whilst driving.

I tried going into my Control panel and setting up the Graphics card for Performance not quality but makes no difference. Any help here?

[url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/183/64837991.jpg"]Picture 1[/url]
[url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5773/60145557.jpg"]Picture 2[/url]
[url="http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6873/47405466.jpg"]Picture 3[/url]
Hello guys and girls. I'm having a serious problem with Dead Island and I think it's my graphics card.

I have the Integrated Geforce 9200 version 280.26, I have an AMD athlon II X3 425 Processor at 2.7~Ghz and 3GB ram. My friend has an acer laptop which has about the same graphics card rating, 2GB ram and 2.2~Ghz processor.

So to the problem, I try to play this game on Low performance and It's very laggy. But when I set it up for High Performance its less laggy but theres still alot of lag. My friends laptop can play this on High performance very easily just with some lag whilst driving.

I tried going into my Control panel and setting up the Graphics card for Performance not quality but makes no difference. Any help here?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Posted 09/21/2011 07:49 PM   
common people please help me /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
common people please help me /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 09/22/2011 05:02 PM   
and you are correct. Integrated graphic is not made to play games in general (other than solitaire). Anyway, you will need a bit more fire power in order to run dead island properly.
and you are correct. Integrated graphic is not made to play games in general (other than solitaire). Anyway, you will need a bit more fire power in order to run dead island properly.

Posted 09/22/2011 06:00 PM   
[quote name='Genesis1' date='22 September 2011 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1316714445' post='1297005']
[/quote]
i was just playing Just cause 2. No lag on low. But can you explain to me why Dead Island On low performance Plays worse than High performance? and why my friends laptop which is not as good as my desktop can play it fine?
[quote name='Genesis1' date='22 September 2011 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1316714445' post='1297005']

i was just playing Just cause 2. No lag on low. But can you explain to me why Dead Island On low performance Plays worse than High performance? and why my friends laptop which is not as good as my desktop can play it fine?

Posted 09/22/2011 06:19 PM   
[quote name='artherj327' date='22 September 2011 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1316715571' post='1297026']
[/quote]

Years ago I had the same "problem"... bought a pc system, a friend of mine bought a notebook from a hobby-nerd.. my muh more expensive pc system wasnt able to play C&C (dont ask me which part it was... one of the first), his much more cheaper was.. only because he had some kind of graphic card in there, I dont.. Also Ive never met a guys or a girl who could answer me the question correctly you are asking :D like Genesis told, integrated graphics are not made for playing games, if some games run, be lucky, if they dont, you need a card /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> also I think integrated graphics work massivly different when you compare them to cards (from their hardware..)

Get cheap Card (they arent really that expensive) and enjoy the game /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='artherj327' date='22 September 2011 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1316715571' post='1297026']

Years ago I had the same "problem"... bought a pc system, a friend of mine bought a notebook from a hobby-nerd.. my muh more expensive pc system wasnt able to play C&C (dont ask me which part it was... one of the first), his much more cheaper was.. only because he had some kind of graphic card in there, I dont.. Also Ive never met a guys or a girl who could answer me the question correctly you are asking :D like Genesis told, integrated graphics are not made for playing games, if some games run, be lucky, if they dont, you need a card /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> also I think integrated graphics work massivly different when you compare them to cards (from their hardware..)

Get cheap Card (they arent really that expensive) and enjoy the game /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 09/23/2011 08:13 AM   
it would be hard to point out exactly what can cause the game to run worst in low settings than at higher settings. However, some cards and CPU run better at higher resolution than at lower resolution. What happens usually is that one of the component is not utilized at a lower resolution whereas at a higher resolution the GPU kicks in and you get better performance. One thing to point out is that the X3 425 does not have L3 cache which will be an issue in very demanding games (go check some of the benchmark of Crysis 2 or Hard Reset).

Anyway, go for a good GTX 560 and you should be good.
it would be hard to point out exactly what can cause the game to run worst in low settings than at higher settings. However, some cards and CPU run better at higher resolution than at lower resolution. What happens usually is that one of the component is not utilized at a lower resolution whereas at a higher resolution the GPU kicks in and you get better performance. One thing to point out is that the X3 425 does not have L3 cache which will be an issue in very demanding games (go check some of the benchmark of Crysis 2 or Hard Reset).

Anyway, go for a good GTX 560 and you should be good.

Posted 09/23/2011 12:26 PM   
I have the aspire x3400, If i were to buy a new card, I would need a whole new build because I have a mini tower and a 220w powersupply.
I have the aspire x3400, If i were to buy a new card, I would need a whole new build because I have a mini tower and a 220w powersupply.

Posted 09/23/2011 01:28 PM   
hmmm, you could transfer your current hardware into a new case, get a new power supply and a video card. At least, you would not have to spend a fortune, run with the upgrade for a while, then when you have the money, finish the build.
hmmm, you could transfer your current hardware into a new case, get a new power supply and a video card. At least, you would not have to spend a fortune, run with the upgrade for a while, then when you have the money, finish the build.

Posted 09/23/2011 04:38 PM   
[quote name='Genesis1' date='23 September 2011 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1316795901' post='1297498']
[/quote]
The thing i was wondering, If i change my power supply, Will it harm my computer?
[quote name='Genesis1' date='23 September 2011 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1316795901' post='1297498']

The thing i was wondering, If i change my power supply, Will it harm my computer?

Posted 09/23/2011 04:40 PM   
No, it won't. It will give you more options for upgrades. I have replaced my power supplies many times just because I needed more power for a new video card. Actually, I had a compaq back then that I transfered into a Antec 900 case. Added a new power supply from cooler master, change the CPU, the ram, and the video card. The only original parts left were the motherboard, DVD, and HD.
No, it won't. It will give you more options for upgrades. I have replaced my power supplies many times just because I needed more power for a new video card. Actually, I had a compaq back then that I transfered into a Antec 900 case. Added a new power supply from cooler master, change the CPU, the ram, and the video card. The only original parts left were the motherboard, DVD, and HD.

Posted 09/23/2011 04:44 PM   
I live in Ireland, So where could I go to get a normal Case, Power supply, Graphics card, And some fans because I'ma need some xD
I live in Ireland, So where could I go to get a normal Case, Power supply, Graphics card, And some fans because I'ma need some xD

Posted 09/23/2011 04:56 PM   
if you can't find a store selling that equipment, look online. Places like newegg ship international, but it would be expensive for the shipping. I think they have plenty of online estores with warehouses based in the UK.
if you can't find a store selling that equipment, look online. Places like newegg ship international, but it would be expensive for the shipping. I think they have plenty of online estores with warehouses based in the UK.

Posted 09/25/2011 10:21 AM   
Newegg does not ship international.
Newegg does not ship international.

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 09/25/2011 01:53 PM   
Scroll To Top