Can't display 1920x1080 with GeForce Go 7300 179.48 cannot detect correct resolution for externa
Hello,
I recently purchased a Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS HD LCD monitor. However, my PC cannot automatically detect the monitor and/or its optimal resolution (1920 x 1080).
I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-948 (Model PSAA9E) laptop PC running Windows XP SP3 with the Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 graphics card.
I have installed the most recent Nvidia driver (6.14.11.7948 of 30/janv./2009 -- 179.48 beta installer), but it is impossible to display a correct image on the screen. I only have a 1280 x 1024 resolution.
As a work-around, I installed PowerStrip (from EnTech in Taiwan). It works, but I have to reconfigure everything each time I reboot.
Can you help?
Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I recently purchased a Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS HD LCD monitor. However, my PC cannot automatically detect the monitor and/or its optimal resolution (1920 x 1080).

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-948 (Model PSAA9E) laptop PC running Windows XP SP3 with the Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 graphics card.

I have installed the most recent Nvidia driver (6.14.11.7948 of 30/janv./2009 -- 179.48 beta installer), but it is impossible to display a correct image on the screen. I only have a 1280 x 1024 resolution.

As a work-around, I installed PowerStrip (from EnTech in Taiwan). It works, but I have to reconfigure everything each time I reboot.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 09/20/2011 06:03 PM   
Are you connecting it with HDMI, DVI, or VGA cable?

Are you using a VGA / DVI converter?

Go through the monitor's menus, be sure it is not on "A/V" mode or any other mode like that; it has to be on PC/Computer mode.

There is a driver for this monitor. You can download it at the link below. The Vista drivers should work with Windows 7.

http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/support/customer-service/
Are you connecting it with HDMI, DVI, or VGA cable?

Are you using a VGA / DVI converter?

Go through the monitor's menus, be sure it is not on "A/V" mode or any other mode like that; it has to be on PC/Computer mode.

There is a driver for this monitor. You can download it at the link below. The Vista drivers should work with Windows 7.

http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/support/customer-service/

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 09/20/2011 06:33 PM   
Hi. Yes I'm connecting with a VGA cable and I have previously downloaded and installed the Iiyama drivers. The monitor is correctly set to D-Sub mode for the input signal.
This seems to be a true Nvidia COntrol Panel problem because when it detects the Iiyama monitor, the 1920x1080 resolution is not available for selection. It is only when using Powerstrip that the correct resolution is displayed.
What does Powerstrip have that Nvidia does not? I know that my PC is old, but it is not SO VERY old...
Best regards
Hi. Yes I'm connecting with a VGA cable and I have previously downloaded and installed the Iiyama drivers. The monitor is correctly set to D-Sub mode for the input signal.

This seems to be a true Nvidia COntrol Panel problem because when it detects the Iiyama monitor, the 1920x1080 resolution is not available for selection. It is only when using Powerstrip that the correct resolution is displayed.

What does Powerstrip have that Nvidia does not? I know that my PC is old, but it is not SO VERY old...

Best regards

Posted 09/21/2011 04:39 PM   
What are you trying to do ? ie are you mirroring the image or extending the desktop ? how much vram has your 7300 got vram NOT turbo ram ?

Dar.
What are you trying to do ? ie are you mirroring the image or extending the desktop ? how much vram has your 7300 got vram NOT turbo ram ?

Dar.

Posted 10/08/2011 04:50 PM   
Hi, I'm trying to use the monitor in Dual View mode (extended desktop) with 256 MB of VRAM. I was finally able to get it to display correctly, but if I disconnect the monitor and use only the laptop PC screen, I have change the screen settings and reboot several times before it goes back to the correct setting (Dual mode, 1920 x 1080 and monitor = main display). With other laptops (albeit newer ones), the settings are automatically detected and it just takes one click of the mouse to display correctly.
Thanks for your help.
Hi, I'm trying to use the monitor in Dual View mode (extended desktop) with 256 MB of VRAM. I was finally able to get it to display correctly, but if I disconnect the monitor and use only the laptop PC screen, I have change the screen settings and reboot several times before it goes back to the correct setting (Dual mode, 1920 x 1080 and monitor = main display). With other laptops (albeit newer ones), the settings are automatically detected and it just takes one click of the mouse to display correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Posted 10/09/2011 07:32 AM   
Scroll To Top