-= Heedless_onE's Return to Water Cooling Work Log =-
  1 / 10    
[center] [b][u][color="#008000"]-= Heedless_onE's Return to Water Cooling Work Log =-[/color][/u][/b][/center]

So, as some of you may know, i've tried water cooling before, and it ended pretty badely. I wanted to switch out my graphics card shortly after i made it, i accidentally destroyed a hard drive with 500 GB of irreplaceable data, and i screwed up my custom coolant mix and ended up with algae growth. So you might say it was a disaster :)

In any case, this time, i'm happy with my rig. I plan on keeping the GTX 570 as it's a ridiculously powerful card that is more then capable of handling anything, and i can SLi another one if the next generation of consoles, or PC titles get's a little to much to handle on the fidelity i'd like. Also, even if i switch out the processor and motherboard, the block is no doubt be compatible with AMD bulldozer which is most likely what i'll be moving too next as Intel is becoming extremely expensive for performance you just don't need in any application for the next 5 years. Even my i7 920 is not taxed by almost anything and it's fairly old. In fact, i recently pulled up my old receipts and it's easily the oldest piece of computer tech i own.

Now as i previously had algae growth, i had to clean my stuff out, so i boiled the fittings and the resevoir in distilled water. Both blocks have been replaced (the 5870 block was sold with the graphics card)
I'll be using these...

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/watercoolingworklog1.jpg/"][img]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6374/watercoolingworklog1.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/watercoolingworklog2.jpg/"][img]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1765/watercoolingworklog2.jpg[/img][/url]

The GPU block mounting sucks because apperantly Nvidia decided to use T6 TORX screws which are the rarest and most annoying things on the planet to remove, meaning i have to pay $20 extra to buy a kit that contains a T6 screw driver...so the completion will have to wait until tomorrow but anyway...

I will now be using this as a biocide

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/watercoolingworklog4.jpg/"][img]http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1651/watercoolingworklog4.jpg[/img][/url]

Silver kill coils be damned...i'm using a whole ingot. 50mg of pure 99.99% pure silver with 0.01% traces of copper and nickel. That's how much i hate single celled organisms in my rig. The ingot should have a superior surface area to the popular Tetra's coil; the coil has approximately 1000mm² of water contact, the ingot has over 1700mm² so it should be superior. (though, i had to pay a lot of money for it, seeing as no one in my city sells absolutely pure silver)

I will also be using high quality "Darkside" braided cables made by an associate of DazMode Water Cooling Canada. The previous braided cables i was using were generic plastic things and one of them has since gone bad, which caused me a lot of grief...any overclock or stress wold crash the machine.

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/watercoolingworklog3.jpg/"][img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1949/watercoolingworklog3.jpg[/img][/url]

Darkside braided cables: Graphite silver to match the blocks. Could have got military green to match the motherboard, but they'd never match any other board other then the Sabertooth series.

Hopefully, more progress tomorrow... :)
-= Heedless_onE's Return to Water Cooling Work Log =-

So, as some of you may know, i've tried water cooling before, and it ended pretty badely. I wanted to switch out my graphics card shortly after i made it, i accidentally destroyed a hard drive with 500 GB of irreplaceable data, and i screwed up my custom coolant mix and ended up with algae growth. So you might say it was a disaster :)

In any case, this time, i'm happy with my rig. I plan on keeping the GTX 570 as it's a ridiculously powerful card that is more then capable of handling anything, and i can SLi another one if the next generation of consoles, or PC titles get's a little to much to handle on the fidelity i'd like. Also, even if i switch out the processor and motherboard, the block is no doubt be compatible with AMD bulldozer which is most likely what i'll be moving too next as Intel is becoming extremely expensive for performance you just don't need in any application for the next 5 years. Even my i7 920 is not taxed by almost anything and it's fairly old. In fact, i recently pulled up my old receipts and it's easily the oldest piece of computer tech i own.

Now as i previously had algae growth, i had to clean my stuff out, so i boiled the fittings and the resevoir in distilled water. Both blocks have been replaced (the 5870 block was sold with the graphics card)

I'll be using these...

The GPU block mounting sucks because apperantly Nvidia decided to use T6 TORX screws which are the rarest and most annoying things on the planet to remove, meaning i have to pay $20 extra to buy a kit that contains a T6 screw driver...so the completion will have to wait until tomorrow but anyway...

I will now be using this as a biocide

Silver kill coils be damned...i'm using a whole ingot. 50mg of pure 99.99% pure silver with 0.01% traces of copper and nickel. That's how much i hate single celled organisms in my rig. The ingot should have a superior surface area to the popular Tetra's coil; the coil has approximately 1000mm² of water contact, the ingot has over 1700mm² so it should be superior. (though, i had to pay a lot of money for it, seeing as no one in my city sells absolutely pure silver)

I will also be using high quality "Darkside" braided cables made by an associate of DazMode Water Cooling Canada. The previous braided cables i was using were generic plastic things and one of them has since gone bad, which caused me a lot of grief...any overclock or stress wold crash the machine.

Darkside braided cables: Graphite silver to match the blocks. Could have got military green to match the motherboard, but they'd never match any other board other then the Sabertooth series.

Hopefully, more progress tomorrow... :)
Ethylene Glycol costs less.

/ducks

/w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

/ducks

Using Left over CPU coolers to keep phones cool since 2012.

Posted 09/20/2011 04:03 AM   
While I'm impressed with your efforts, these days I question the need to watercool beyond off-the-shelf coolers such as Corsair's.

As you noted: Your GPU can more than handle anything on the market today; and that will likely be the case for years to come. These cards have come so far, there is nothing that can tax them as far as games go, and that is without overclocking.

As for the hobby side of it, it's great, and your rig will be impressive, but, again as you mentioned, for gamers, there is not even a need for SLI anymore with these cards; they just swallow whatever you throw at them.
While I'm impressed with your efforts, these days I question the need to watercool beyond off-the-shelf coolers such as Corsair's.

As you noted: Your GPU can more than handle anything on the market today; and that will likely be the case for years to come. These cards have come so far, there is nothing that can tax them as far as games go, and that is without overclocking.

As for the hobby side of it, it's great, and your rig will be impressive, but, again as you mentioned, for gamers, there is not even a need for SLI anymore with these cards; they just swallow whatever you throw at them.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 09/20/2011 04:36 AM   
[quote name='Lordred' date='20 September 2011 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1316491403' post='1295591']

/ducks

[/quote]

Glycol is what i used in my first one. I didn't like the medium for an additive. This time around, i'm trying silver. It should be EZPZ and you only have to buy it ounce.

[quote name='BobbyNow' date='20 September 2011 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1316493392' post='1295598']

[/quote]

Mostly true. I agree. I am more doing this for hobby, and because i want to try to reduce my rig's noise. I love water cooled rigs and my first attempt went poorly. I now live in a place that is pretty close quarters, and my habits are not easy to live with (i stay up pretty late...:P) I will also probably be looking into a quieter mechanical keyboard. I use a cherry blue Razer right now and it sounds like a bull in a china shop.
[quote name='Lordred' date='20 September 2011 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1316491403' post='1295591']

/ducks

Glycol is what i used in my first one. I didn't like the medium for an additive. This time around, i'm trying silver. It should be EZPZ and you only have to buy it ounce.

[quote name='BobbyNow' date='20 September 2011 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1316493392' post='1295598']

Mostly true. I agree. I am more doing this for hobby, and because i want to try to reduce my rig's noise. I love water cooled rigs and my first attempt went poorly. I now live in a place that is pretty close quarters, and my habits are not easy to live with (i stay up pretty late...:P) I will also probably be looking into a quieter mechanical keyboard. I use a cherry blue Razer right now and it sounds like a bull in a china shop.
Where'd you get that ingot and how big is it? I was planning to use a 1937 One Crown in my loop as an algaecide but had a stupendous derp moment when it wouldn't fit in the fill port of my reservoir. /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pinch:' />

[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='20 September 2011 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1316494005' post='1295602']
[/quote]
I assume that you've got the Black Widow? Razer has a stealth version out now if you want a quieter one. Not sure how well it works personally but I've been told it's pretty much the same usability-wise by some customers.
Where'd you get that ingot and how big is it? I was planning to use a 1937 One Crown in my loop as an algaecide but had a stupendous derp moment when it wouldn't fit in the fill port of my reservoir. /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pinch:' />

[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='20 September 2011 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1316494005' post='1295602']

I assume that you've got the Black Widow? Razer has a stealth version out now if you want a quieter one. Not sure how well it works personally but I've been told it's pretty much the same usability-wise by some customers.

Posted 09/20/2011 08:42 AM   
I didn't know your previous LC adventure ended on a bad note... I wondered why you went back to air. Oh well, everyone learns from stuff like that. No doubt you'll do much better this time around.

I've built two LC'ed rigs for others (CPU only), but I never LC'ed my own rig. There's always something else that I want to spend my money on, lol. I look at LC as a luxury that's definitely not required, even for heavy OC's. Case in point, I now have my i7 920 running stable at 4Ghz 24/7 and it only reaches 72-73 deg C using an H50 with one 1300RPM fan.

That said, threads like this always inspire me. One of these days I'm going to go nuts and LC all my gear. It certainly makes for a wonderfully looking, quiet machine that OC's easily.

Good luck with your new setup.
I didn't know your previous LC adventure ended on a bad note... I wondered why you went back to air. Oh well, everyone learns from stuff like that. No doubt you'll do much better this time around.

I've built two LC'ed rigs for others (CPU only), but I never LC'ed my own rig. There's always something else that I want to spend my money on, lol. I look at LC as a luxury that's definitely not required, even for heavy OC's. Case in point, I now have my i7 920 running stable at 4Ghz 24/7 and it only reaches 72-73 deg C using an H50 with one 1300RPM fan.

That said, threads like this always inspire me. One of these days I'm going to go nuts and LC all my gear. It certainly makes for a wonderfully looking, quiet machine that OC's easily.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 09/20/2011 09:41 AM   
[i]I will be keeping an eye on your thread. Good luck, and have fun. Don't know that you will need to, but you can always ask me a question or two.[/i] /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]Heed, you are on the 800D correct? If you are what size tubing are you using and what pump? I am assuming you will be using MCP655(D5). I want to run something by you, and see if you were interested with your setup. You might like it...
[/i]
-Hooks
I will be keeping an eye on your thread. Good luck, and have fun. Don't know that you will need to, but you can always ask me a question or two. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

EDIT: Heed, you are on the 800D correct? If you are what size tubing are you using and what pump? I am assuming you will be using MCP655(D5). I want to run something by you, and see if you were interested with your setup. You might like it...

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 09/20/2011 10:25 AM   
I think we are all interested now Hooks... what unusual ideas have you for this one??? /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
I think we are all interested now Hooks... what unusual ideas have you for this one??? /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 09/20/2011 12:02 PM   
[quote name='xXDeltaXx' date='20 September 2011 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1316520129' post='1295711']
[/quote]

[i]It will only work with 3/4" OD Fittings(For 3/4" OD tube 1/8" wall).

Required Components: (Bitspower Tested) minimal 3x 3/4" OD G 1/4 Compression Fittings, Single 90 degree adapter(non-elbow), Triple Point Snake Rotary Adapter, and MCP655 Bitspower pump top.

Essentially removing the leftmost lower grommet(horizontally placed) from atop the PSU storage bay. Mount the pump in front of the PSU extensions, use the front inlet/outlet ports on the pump top(Bitspower/EK adapter required); using the inlet(located on the left Bitspower used for testing) with the snake rotary equipped with x1 3/4" OD compression meet the 90 degree adapter fitting by using the space where the grommet was placed. This would form a perfect 90 degree to an internal reservoir(example: tube style reservoir EK multioption). If he is using a bay reservoir, replace the 90 degree with the listed third 3/4" OD compression fitting. Again, meeting threads through the grommet hole, for a clean vertical guide to the bay reservoir. Either way the fluid will be forced into the pump housing directly, causing optimal flow. Not to mention it looks really clean, and minimizes tubing used.

Below is an example of me using the same technique for my CPU/Motherboard loop. I used this method to conserve space for the 3x GPU loop fed off a "hidden" bay reservoir with built in D5. It prevented me from crossing lines with the GPU loop, and created optimal fluid exchange while keeping the internals attractive. You can see the assembly on the left side feeding to the EK multioption. This was used for the "Purple Haze" build. [/i]

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]This photo was taken pre-assembly to demonstrate the concept to another builder. [/i]

[img]http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/RighthooksGURU/MCP655.jpg[/img]

-Hooks
[quote name='xXDeltaXx' date='20 September 2011 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1316520129' post='1295711']

It will only work with 3/4" OD Fittings(For 3/4" OD tube 1/8" wall).

Required Components: (Bitspower Tested) minimal 3x 3/4" OD G 1/4 Compression Fittings, Single 90 degree adapter(non-elbow), Triple Point Snake Rotary Adapter, and MCP655 Bitspower pump top.

Essentially removing the leftmost lower grommet(horizontally placed) from atop the PSU storage bay. Mount the pump in front of the PSU extensions, use the front inlet/outlet ports on the pump top(Bitspower/EK adapter required); using the inlet(located on the left Bitspower used for testing) with the snake rotary equipped with x1 3/4" OD compression meet the 90 degree adapter fitting by using the space where the grommet was placed. This would form a perfect 90 degree to an internal reservoir(example: tube style reservoir EK multioption). If he is using a bay reservoir, replace the 90 degree with the listed third 3/4" OD compression fitting. Again, meeting threads through the grommet hole, for a clean vertical guide to the bay reservoir. Either way the fluid will be forced into the pump housing directly, causing optimal flow. Not to mention it looks really clean, and minimizes tubing used.

Below is an example of me using the same technique for my CPU/Motherboard loop. I used this method to conserve space for the 3x GPU loop fed off a "hidden" bay reservoir with built in D5. It prevented me from crossing lines with the GPU loop, and created optimal fluid exchange while keeping the internals attractive. You can see the assembly on the left side feeding to the EK multioption. This was used for the "Purple Haze" build.

EDIT: This photo was taken pre-assembly to demonstrate the concept to another builder.

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 09/20/2011 12:54 PM   
[quote name='BobbyNow' date='20 September 2011 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1316493392' post='1295598']

[/quote]

While a single 570 does a good job, I don't think it destroys every game. Sli will ensure 60 plus fps or 120fps crysis2 dx11. ;p

Nice choice of blocks!
[quote name='BobbyNow' date='20 September 2011 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1316493392' post='1295598']

While a single 570 does a good job, I don't think it destroys every game. Sli will ensure 60 plus fps or 120fps crysis2 dx11. ;p

Nice choice of blocks!

Posted 09/20/2011 04:56 PM   

[/quote]

[i]Corsair units do a fine job, there is no question. However they simply cannot achieve a full-fledged watercooling system's temps.[/i]

[b]These are my idles: i7980X @1.42V - 4.5GHz (This is with fluid passing through an X58 full-coverage block as well)[/b]
[img]http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/RighthooksGURU/HooksIdle.png[/img]

[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='20 September 2011 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1316537764' post='1295888']
[/quote]

[i]"Crysis 2" isn't a proper gauge of PC performance, although your statement is close to accurate. Let us not further derail Heedless's thread. It is a matter of taste and performance expectations, and in my opinion water-cooling systems will have the edge in both. [/i]

-Hooks

Corsair units do a fine job, there is no question. However they simply cannot achieve a full-fledged watercooling system's temps.

These are my idles: i7980X @1.42V - 4.5GHz (This is with fluid passing through an X58 full-coverage block as well)

[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='20 September 2011 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1316537764' post='1295888']

"Crysis 2" isn't a proper gauge of PC performance, although your statement is close to accurate. Let us not further derail Heedless's thread. It is a matter of taste and performance expectations, and in my opinion water-cooling systems will have the edge in both.

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

Posted 09/20/2011 05:17 PM   
Great to see you venture back to water Heed, I dont blame you for tossing the whole idea folowing your first experience.
I seem to have learned many lessons the hard way myself, ( somtimes its best 'cos you never forget)

One thing I have been wanting to ask you about for the longest time however is...............

Your sig shows you have a very nice Creative labs sound card, also it reveals you use Logitec's G35 head set,
I always thought the G35 is usb and has its own sound card built in would this be correct ?

Rick
Great to see you venture back to water Heed, I dont blame you for tossing the whole idea folowing your first experience.

I seem to have learned many lessons the hard way myself, ( somtimes its best 'cos you never forget)

One thing I have been wanting to ask you about for the longest time however is...............

Your sig shows you have a very nice Creative labs sound card, also it reveals you use Logitec's G35 head set,

I always thought the G35 is usb and has its own sound card built in would this be correct ?

Rick

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Intel i7 980X @4.6 ghz 24/7 1.39v, 6 GB Dom GT CL7, Tri channel, EK'd Asus GTX 680 Sli , Displays : 3 X Hanns-G HG281D 2D Surround, Case, Xigmatek Elysium, Corsair AX 1200W, Win 7 64, 2 x Crucial C300 128gb 6gb/s SSDs Raid 0, 2 x 300 gig WD velociraptors Raid 0, 64 GB Crucial M4 non raid boot drive 6 g/bs, Asus Xonar DX2 Sound, Roccat Kave 5:1 Headset, Track IR Pro, Noctua and TFC Triebwewrk fans controled by Lamptron FC6 black and Zalman ZM-FC1Plus black, Roccat Isku K/B, Steelseries Sensei mouse, Logitech G27 wheel, Custom water cooling, EK FB RE3 full board block , Black Ice GTX 480 Extreme Quad, Black Ice GTX Extreme 360, both rads running TFC Triebwerk mid speeds, Dual loop 3 D5 pumps.

Posted 09/20/2011 06:50 PM   
Wow, lot's of questions...let's see :P
[quote name='The Professor' date='20 September 2011 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1316508123' post='1295666']

[/quote]

It's a 1 ounce ingot. I bought it from a bank, hence it's branded "Scotiabank". The guy in front of me wanted $1300 in gold. They also sell Platinum and Palladium just in case you happen to be Commander Shepard and this recession is making it hard for you to upgrade your Normandy. You have to put the silver in before the water if you don't have a tube resevoir, otherwise just unscrew the top and drop it in.

Cwhatididthur?

[quote name='slamscaper' date='20 September 2011 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1316511673' post='1295679']

[/quote]

Yea man. I liken stuff like liquid cooling to modding cars. There is no practical point, and it's expensive, but it's super rewarding being able to look at your mean machine and know you made it. I haven't touhed my rig in a while and i wanted a project, and i happen to have nothing of importance other then bills to spent money on right now, so i figured it was a good time to throw down a few hundred.

[quote name='Righthooks' date='20 September 2011 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1316514343' post='1295694']
[i]I will be keeping an eye on your thread. Good luck, and have fun. Don't know that you will need to, but you can always ask me a question or two.[/i] /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]Heed, you are on the 800D correct? If you are what size tubing are you using and what pump? I am assuming you will be using MCP655(D5). I want to run something by you, and see if you were interested with your setup. You might like it...
[/i]
-Hooks
[/quote]

Lol, you're an expert on pretty much everything Hooks, i used to be like you...until keeping track of core clock frequencies and shader cluster counts got way to complicated :P But yea, i research stuff pretty hard, so i'm fairly comfortable with projects like this. The one thing i wish i did know how to do which i can't is paint cases and components.

To answer your question, i use 1/2 tubing with compression fittings and my pump is the single speed D5 which isn't in fantastic condition because i bought it used and the guy before me, i don't think knew what he was doing, but it has never given me problems.

Nice choice of blocks!
[/quote]

Thank you. I have a fetish for nickel.

Wow, lot's of questions...let's see :P

[quote name='The Professor' date='20 September 2011 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1316508123' post='1295666']

It's a 1 ounce ingot. I bought it from a bank, hence it's branded "Scotiabank". The guy in front of me wanted $1300 in gold. They also sell Platinum and Palladium just in case you happen to be Commander Shepard and this recession is making it hard for you to upgrade your Normandy. You have to put the silver in before the water if you don't have a tube resevoir, otherwise just unscrew the top and drop it in.

Cwhatididthur?

[quote name='slamscaper' date='20 September 2011 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1316511673' post='1295679']

Yea man. I liken stuff like liquid cooling to modding cars. There is no practical point, and it's expensive, but it's super rewarding being able to look at your mean machine and know you made it. I haven't touhed my rig in a while and i wanted a project, and i happen to have nothing of importance other then bills to spent money on right now, so i figured it was a good time to throw down a few hundred.

[quote name='Righthooks' date='20 September 2011 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1316514343' post='1295694']

I will be keeping an eye on your thread. Good luck, and have fun. Don't know that you will need to, but you can always ask me a question or two. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

EDIT: Heed, you are on the 800D correct? If you are what size tubing are you using and what pump? I am assuming you will be using MCP655(D5). I want to run something by you, and see if you were interested with your setup. You might like it...

-Hooks

Lol, you're an expert on pretty much everything Hooks, i used to be like you...until keeping track of core clock frequencies and shader cluster counts got way to complicated :P But yea, i research stuff pretty hard, so i'm fairly comfortable with projects like this. The one thing i wish i did know how to do which i can't is paint cases and components.

To answer your question, i use 1/2 tubing with compression fittings and my pump is the single speed D5 which isn't in fantastic condition because i bought it used and the guy before me, i don't think knew what he was doing, but it has never given me problems.

Nice choice of blocks!

Thank you. I have a fetish for nickel.

Heedless, I am going to get the same block and after reading about the screws.... ugh.. Is it that all is needed is a special screwdriver? and can this be found at home depot or like an autoparts store?

What do you all think about this,

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/wahegpgtx5701.html
Heedless, I am going to get the same block and after reading about the screws.... ugh.. Is it that all is needed is a special screwdriver? and can this be found at home depot or like an autoparts store?

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/wahegpgtx5701.html

Posted 09/20/2011 08:33 PM   
[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='20 September 2011 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1316550832' post='1296029']

[url="http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/wahegpgtx5701.html"]http://www.sidewinde...egpgtx5701.html[/url]
[/quote]

The heatkiller series is very popular. I think the EK product lines have been proven to be superior, but only by 1 degree or so, so it's more about aesthetics.

And yes, you need to buy a special screw driver to open the GTX 5xx family. You need a T5 TORX. Usually they are sold in electronic store kits. I bought a Nexxtech kit from The Source (canadian brand of circuit city)

Most kits from hardware or automotive stores only begin at T10
[quote name='pancakepaddle' date='20 September 2011 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1316550832' post='1296029']

http://www.sidewinde...egpgtx5701.html

The heatkiller series is very popular. I think the EK product lines have been proven to be superior, but only by 1 degree or so, so it's more about aesthetics.

And yes, you need to buy a special screw driver to open the GTX 5xx family. You need a T5 TORX. Usually they are sold in electronic store kits. I bought a Nexxtech kit from The Source (canadian brand of circuit city)

Most kits from hardware or automotive stores only begin at T10
  1 / 10    
Scroll To Top