No Image on HDTV with Acer Revo RL100
Hi,

Just bought a Acer Revo RL100 with NVIDIA ION Graphics Processor, Win 7 Home Premium.
Display was ok when connected directly via HDMI to TV.

But when connected via my Denon 1612 receiver to TV, it drew a blank screen.
I connected the same way with my ACER Aspire 5920G laptop with Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, Vista OS, for the last 2 yrs without any problem.

Not sure what's missing in Revo100 that cannot do what the Acer Aspire can.

Anybody can advise on solutions?

Thks in advance!
Hi,

Just bought a Acer Revo RL100 with NVIDIA ION Graphics Processor, Win 7 Home Premium.

Display was ok when connected directly via HDMI to TV.

But when connected via my Denon 1612 receiver to TV, it drew a blank screen.

I connected the same way with my ACER Aspire 5920G laptop with Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, Vista OS, for the last 2 yrs without any problem.

Not sure what's missing in Revo100 that cannot do what the Acer Aspire can.

Anybody can advise on solutions?

Thks in advance!

Posted 09/14/2011 03:44 PM   
It's likely that your receiver is not being recognized as an HDCP device when it's sitting between the source and the display. HDCP handshaking issues are common with various hardware configurations due to the timing issues that can occur between certain HDMI chipsets. You could use component cables instead of HDMI to get around this problem, or read [url="http://www.hdcabling.co.za/hdcp_hdmi_handshake_troubleshooting_guidelines.php"][b]here[/b][/url] for some troubleshooting tips. A lot of people end up using an HDMI switch between the source/receiver and the display to get around this problem.
It's likely that your receiver is not being recognized as an HDCP device when it's sitting between the source and the display. HDCP handshaking issues are common with various hardware configurations due to the timing issues that can occur between certain HDMI chipsets. You could use component cables instead of HDMI to get around this problem, or read here for some troubleshooting tips. A lot of people end up using an HDMI switch between the source/receiver and the display to get around this problem.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 09/29/2011 07:18 AM   
Scroll To Top