GTX 580 Temperature Normal and game running temperature.
Just wanted to know what temperature is everyone running on while gaming and just browsing the internet. Games such us, Company of Heroes, Dungeon Siege, etc...! thanks!
Just wanted to know what temperature is everyone running on while gaming and just browsing the internet. Games such us, Company of Heroes, Dungeon Siege, etc...! thanks!

Posted 09/14/2011 02:12 AM   
Operating temperatures at idle or load are influenced by a good number of variables: air temperature at [acronym='Heatsink Fan']HSF[/acronym] intake, HSF duty cycle, dust accumulation in the heatsink, airflow impedance by other devices, GPU domain frequencies, GPU component voltages, whether driving multiple monitors from one GPU, and so on. Depending on your system configuration, idle/load temperatures could be within an enormous range. That makes providing arbitrary values difficult, but it's also effectively useless provided the GPU is kept at a safe temperature. For most users, that seems to be around 100C - although that's above the GF110's [acronym='Core Slowdown Threshold']CST[/acronym].
Operating temperatures at idle or load are influenced by a good number of variables: air temperature at [acronym='Heatsink Fan']HSF[/acronym] intake, HSF duty cycle, dust accumulation in the heatsink, airflow impedance by other devices, GPU domain frequencies, GPU component voltages, whether driving multiple monitors from one GPU, and so on. Depending on your system configuration, idle/load temperatures could be within an enormous range. That makes providing arbitrary values difficult, but it's also effectively useless provided the GPU is kept at a safe temperature. For most users, that seems to be around 100C - although that's above the GF110's [acronym='Core Slowdown Threshold']CST[/acronym].

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 09/14/2011 03:13 AM   
[quote name='Exitios' date='13 September 2011 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1315970031' post='1292570']
[/quote]

Thanks! i guess mine is ok under load at 55C while gaming and 38C normal PC use.
[quote name='Exitios' date='13 September 2011 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1315970031' post='1292570']

Thanks! i guess mine is ok under load at 55C while gaming and 38C normal PC use.

Posted 09/14/2011 03:26 AM   
[quote name='JIMZKIE' date='13 September 2011 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1315970769' post='1292577']Thanks! i guess mine is ok under load at 55C while gaming and 38C normal PC use.[/quote]
Oh yes, certainly, those temperatures are quite safe. I'd go so far to say that if the fan noise bothered you at all, your load temperature is low enough for you to relax the duty cycle a bit and the GPU would be none the worse for it. A GPU load temperature of 80C could hardly be considered harmful, just to give you an idea of how much headroom you have.
[quote name='JIMZKIE' date='13 September 2011 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1315970769' post='1292577']Thanks! i guess mine is ok under load at 55C while gaming and 38C normal PC use.

Oh yes, certainly, those temperatures are quite safe. I'd go so far to say that if the fan noise bothered you at all, your load temperature is low enough for you to relax the duty cycle a bit and the GPU would be none the worse for it. A GPU load temperature of 80C could hardly be considered harmful, just to give you an idea of how much headroom you have.

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 09/14/2011 03:31 AM   
[quote name='Exitios' date='13 September 2011 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1315971108' post='1292580']
[/quote]

nah, i haven't tweak with the fans or anything. i only asked because this thermal control monitor had a default setting alarm at 50C. and i had to change the alarm settings on it. thanks again for the info.
[quote name='Exitios' date='13 September 2011 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1315971108' post='1292580']

nah, i haven't tweak with the fans or anything. i only asked because this thermal control monitor had a default setting alarm at 50C. and i had to change the alarm settings on it. thanks again for the info.

Posted 09/14/2011 05:34 AM   
Scroll To Top