very slow sataII interface on ionitx zotac baord hardware or drivers?
ZOTAC ionitx-p-e motherboard

I have an F60 ssd and a western digital 500 scorpio black drive on this system. They are JUST used for storage to capture video. The drivers and motherboard are VERY slow I am getting speeds of 82MBs on the F60 writes and the WD drive is running at 112MBs (ie it is FASTER). The F60 reads at 150MBs and the WD at 120 MBs.
ON my I7 system both drives operate at specified speed m ie 250 MBs and 160 Mbs for both read and write. So it must be a combination of drivers and hardware (all Nvidia) which is causing this issue. THe F60 (corsair SSD, new an specified around 250MBs read/write) is particularly dissapointing, what is going on with it? IT is running at 1/3rd the expected speed. Clearly the F60 is NOT faulty as it runs fine on my other system. I would say the IONitx board probably is not fauly either since it work perfectly reliably in Win7 64 bit, it is just that the SATAII interface does not perform at anything like the advertised speeds.

I have downloaded drivers from Nvidia and zotac, as well as letting w7 choose a driver, all give the same poor result of 80MBs write speed.

Apart from ask Scan for my money back because the motherbaord does not operate the sataII interface correctly I have run out of ideas.

Suggestions?

The unit is a tiny box with black magic intensity card for recording component video off my camera. The write speed and reliability is crucial in this application, hence purchasing the F60. The western digital drive was for non-real time backup during project shoots.
ZOTAC ionitx-p-e motherboard

I have an F60 ssd and a western digital 500 scorpio black drive on this system. They are JUST used for storage to capture video. The drivers and motherboard are VERY slow I am getting speeds of 82MBs on the F60 writes and the WD drive is running at 112MBs (ie it is FASTER). The F60 reads at 150MBs and the WD at 120 MBs.

ON my I7 system both drives operate at specified speed m ie 250 MBs and 160 Mbs for both read and write. So it must be a combination of drivers and hardware (all Nvidia) which is causing this issue. THe F60 (corsair SSD, new an specified around 250MBs read/write) is particularly dissapointing, what is going on with it? IT is running at 1/3rd the expected speed. Clearly the F60 is NOT faulty as it runs fine on my other system. I would say the IONitx board probably is not fauly either since it work perfectly reliably in Win7 64 bit, it is just that the SATAII interface does not perform at anything like the advertised speeds.

I have downloaded drivers from Nvidia and zotac, as well as letting w7 choose a driver, all give the same poor result of 80MBs write speed.

Apart from ask Scan for my money back because the motherbaord does not operate the sataII interface correctly I have run out of ideas.

Suggestions?

The unit is a tiny box with black magic intensity card for recording component video off my camera. The write speed and reliability is crucial in this application, hence purchasing the F60. The western digital drive was for non-real time backup during project shoots.

Posted 09/09/2011 09:27 AM   
Hey , it sounds like the issue is with the controller itself ,...
Hey , it sounds like the issue is with the controller itself ,...

Posted 09/11/2011 02:21 AM   
Scroll To Top