GTX 280 Driver causes colorful snow on my display its kinda pink
  1 / 8    
Hello everyone

It appears that the nvidia driver causes some sort of colorful snow after the login.
I put the card also on my other PCIE slot but it didnt change a thing.
The driver is the newest, but i also tried downgrading (1.97). checked the errorlog , but didnt find a thing.
in safe mode everything works fine.Does anyone have an idea whats going on?
Hello everyone

It appears that the nvidia driver causes some sort of colorful snow after the login.

I put the card also on my other PCIE slot but it didnt change a thing.

The driver is the newest, but i also tried downgrading (1.97). checked the errorlog , but didnt find a thing.

in safe mode everything works fine.Does anyone have an idea whats going on?

Posted 08/30/2011 02:12 PM   
I'm experiencing the same problem with the gtx 280 - video artifacts after login. They happen right after the blue Welcome screen. Safe Mode still works but even reinstalling the video drivers (newest) didn't solve the problem. Running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I'm trying to find the legacy drivers for the gtx 280 but the website doesn't appear to store anything besides the betas.

Thanks
I'm experiencing the same problem with the gtx 280 - video artifacts after login. They happen right after the blue Welcome screen. Safe Mode still works but even reinstalling the video drivers (newest) didn't solve the problem. Running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I'm trying to find the legacy drivers for the gtx 280 but the website doesn't appear to store anything besides the betas.

Thanks

Posted 10/13/2011 01:51 AM   
Greetings ....

same probs : win7 x64 ultimate --> since SP1 & 280.26 the same crash ... with the same grafic problem.... safe mode works fine ...

now i´ll test older drivers : 267.85

will write if it work

byebye
Greetings ....

same probs : win7 x64 ultimate --> since SP1 & 280.26 the same crash ... with the same grafic problem.... safe mode works fine ...

now i´ll test older drivers : 267.85

will write if it work

byebye

Posted 10/14/2011 01:17 PM   
also doesn´t work ... i think it was one of the last windows updates ...

will try to deintall the last 2 updates

Posted 10/14/2011 01:31 PM   
[quote name='KONSUM' date='14 October 2011 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1318599116' post='1308132']

[/quote]

hmm... deinstalling the nvidia driver in safe mode ... and installing the WDM driver after restart seem to work ...
now testing some games
[quote name='KONSUM' date='14 October 2011 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1318599116' post='1308132']

hmm... deinstalling the nvidia driver in safe mode ... and installing the WDM driver after restart seem to work ...

now testing some games

Posted 10/14/2011 02:40 PM   
I am also experiencing this issue on my system I built 3 years ago.

I am using an nvidia 680i motherboard, e8400 cpu, gtx 280, 8gb ddr2 800mhz ram.

my computer never had this issue until i updated to the latest driver last week.

Randomly, when I wake the computer up or reboot it (which i have to do cause of this issue), upon logging into windows, it will crash, the sound will stutter and i get the same display. it takes about 2 restarts on average to get into windows, once im in, i can play games fine.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, no luck.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
I am also experiencing this issue on my system I built 3 years ago.

I am using an nvidia 680i motherboard, e8400 cpu, gtx 280, 8gb ddr2 800mhz ram.

my computer never had this issue until i updated to the latest driver last week.

Randomly, when I wake the computer up or reboot it (which i have to do cause of this issue), upon logging into windows, it will crash, the sound will stutter and i get the same display. it takes about 2 restarts on average to get into windows, once im in, i can play games fine.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, no luck.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Posted 10/15/2011 08:15 PM   
hmm... install older drivers ...

i´ve got the same crash yesterday ... with the WDM drivers ...

i think after 4 years of hard work , my gtx 280 iss dying slowly :(
hmm... install older drivers ...

i´ve got the same crash yesterday ... with the WDM drivers ...

i think after 4 years of hard work , my gtx 280 iss dying slowly :(

Posted 10/17/2011 03:41 PM   
yeah i said **** it and ordered a 560 Ti last night. Hopefully there aren't any windows registry errors this has caused or anything, i really want to avoid reformatting my system.
yeah i said **** it and ordered a 560 Ti last night. Hopefully there aren't any windows registry errors this has caused or anything, i really want to avoid reformatting my system.

Posted 10/17/2011 03:55 PM   
add me to the list.. exact same problem here.. waiting to hear back from the EVGA RMA dept... here's some pics of what i get on my screen right after login...

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=F4ED_4E9CA077&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=F5B6_4E9CA126&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=A502_4E9CA14E&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=A76D_4E9CA17A&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=C2BA_4E9CA19C&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=4C86_4E9CA1BB&jpg
add me to the list.. exact same problem here.. waiting to hear back from the EVGA RMA dept... here's some pics of what i get on my screen right after login...

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=F4ED_4E9CA077&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=F5B6_4E9CA126&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=A502_4E9CA14E&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=A76D_4E9CA17A&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=C2BA_4E9CA19C&jpg

http://imageduck.co.cc/image.php?id=4C86_4E9CA1BB&jpg

Posted 10/17/2011 09:39 PM   
intresting pix .... after login , can u use windows normally ? or is it crashd ?

EVGA RMA dept ? what´s that ?

it all worked fine until the install of the 280.26 driver .... could it be ? could the driver destroyed our graca´s ?

hey nvidia guys ... what u say 2 this ?

i´m really pissd off ....

one year after guarantee iss over :(

sorry for my english ... i´´ll work on it ,)
intresting pix .... after login , can u use windows normally ? or is it crashd ?

EVGA RMA dept ? what´s that ?

it all worked fine until the install of the 280.26 driver .... could it be ? could the driver destroyed our graca´s ?

hey nvidia guys ... what u say 2 this ?

i´m really pissd off ....

one year after guarantee iss over :(

sorry for my english ... i´´ll work on it ,)

Posted 10/18/2011 07:51 PM   
Hi all,

I got the exact same problem as shown on the screenshots above, also after installing driver version 280.xx, already had replaced my GTX280 under warranty, but i keep having this problem, now even after falling back to an earlier backup-image which contains an older driver (where it still worked fine for years)

Anyone got a solution to this?
Does this driver just kill the GTX280?
Hi all,

I got the exact same problem as shown on the screenshots above, also after installing driver version 280.xx, already had replaced my GTX280 under warranty, but i keep having this problem, now even after falling back to an earlier backup-image which contains an older driver (where it still worked fine for years)

Posted 10/27/2011 10:27 AM   
[quote name='jl78' date='27 October 2011 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1319711254' post='1315353']
Hi all,

[/quote]

not the driver killed it ... i would say the "time" has killed it
how old is it ?

my is over 4 years old ... and worked 24/7/365

i have only one idea left ... testing it in a another pc with XP ... or on ubuntu ... if the same error appears we will have clearness /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='jl78' date='27 October 2011 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1319711254' post='1315353']

Hi all,

how old is it ?

i have only one idea left ... testing it in a another pc with XP ... or on ubuntu ... if the same error appears we will have clearness /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 10/27/2011 06:56 PM   
but maybe it´s a combination of the 280.xx driver and the latest windows updates ...

but deinstalling all updates and installing the wdm driver also don´t work ....
but maybe it´s a combination of the 280.xx driver and the latest windows updates ...

Posted 10/27/2011 07:02 PM   
[quote name='KONSUM' date='27 October 2011 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1319741769' post='1315651']
how old is it ?

[/quote]
The card (from 2009) was replaced under warranty in May this year, and this card has it too now.
So no, didn't die from old age /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
The problem appears when you start a heavy game (a game that uses pixel shaders and such) which uses your videocard at max aka "high 3d mode", only thing what helps now is downclocking the core/shader/memory clocks to "low 3d mode" speeds (which is used for simpler games and 2d apps), then it works tho it's alot slower.

[quote name='KONSUM' date='27 October 2011 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1319742121' post='1315657']

[/quote]
Like i said in my first post, i tried setting back a backup-image with drivers and updates on it from the time it still worked perfectly, the problem comes up right away when you start a game, without updating anything.
And yes i also tried doing a fresh install with an earlier driver (197.xx for example) and no windows updates, no hardware changes, yet the problem comes right away when you start a game.
[quote name='KONSUM' date='27 October 2011 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1319741769' post='1315651']

how old is it ?

The card (from 2009) was replaced under warranty in May this year, and this card has it too now.

The problem appears when you start a heavy game (a game that uses pixel shaders and such) which uses your videocard at max aka "high 3d mode", only thing what helps now is downclocking the core/shader/memory clocks to "low 3d mode" speeds (which is used for simpler games and 2d apps), then it works tho it's alot slower.

[quote name='KONSUM' date='27 October 2011 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1319742121' post='1315657']

Like i said in my first post, i tried setting back a backup-image with drivers and updates on it from the time it still worked perfectly, the problem comes up right away when you start a game, without updating anything.

And yes i also tried doing a fresh install with an earlier driver (197.xx for example) and no windows updates, no hardware changes, yet the problem comes right away when you start a game.

Posted 10/28/2011 07:46 AM   
[quote name='jl78' date='28 October 2011 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1319787983' post='1315997']

[/quote]

Ok ... but : i´ve got the crash on every windows logon .... after installing a driver ... (irrelevant whichsoever! )
my only way to login in normal windows mode :
restarting in safemode ...deinstalling the driver ==> let me login after restart ...

if i don´t deinstall the driver before shut down ... next login = crash !

i´m running my gtx 280 in a " 2D " mode only now , this works fine .... :D wtf

like I said : have to test it on a mate´s pc ... or maybe on ubuntu

another question : mainboard ? cpu ? ram ? power supply ?

MY :

ASUS P5B Premium
ASUS ENGTX 280 OC
Core 2 Quad @ 2,4 Ghz
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO
RaidMax Modular RX-630A

greetings !
[quote name='jl78' date='28 October 2011 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1319787983' post='1315997']

Ok ... but : i´ve got the crash on every windows logon .... after installing a driver ... (irrelevant whichsoever! )

my only way to login in normal windows mode :

restarting in safemode ...deinstalling the driver ==> let me login after restart ...

if i don´t deinstall the driver before shut down ... next login = crash !

i´m running my gtx 280 in a " 2D " mode only now , this works fine .... :D wtf

like I said : have to test it on a mate´s pc ... or maybe on ubuntu

another question : mainboard ? cpu ? ram ? power supply ?

MY :

ASUS P5B Premium

ASUS ENGTX 280 OC

Core 2 Quad @ 2,4 Ghz

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO

RaidMax Modular RX-630A

greetings !

Posted 10/29/2011 03:40 AM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top