Dual Monitor DVI -> HDMI
I recently switched cards to a 9800GT which only has 1xDVI 1xVGA and 1xHDMI.
Previously my other gfx had 2xDVI ports, and I had a dual monitor setup which was easy to configure.
Now I've put my main display on the DVI port, and have used a DVI->HDMI adapter for the second monitor.
However Windows doesn't detect the second monitor, unless I unplug the main monitor, then it recognises it on the Nvidia control panel, but not the Windows display settings. This also reverts to displaying the main monitor if I restart my computer. It's also hassling as I used my main monitor for gaming, so I want a Windows extend monitor feature, that plays it on ONE monitor and not extending over the whole 2 monitors.

Any suggestions?
I recently switched cards to a 9800GT which only has 1xDVI 1xVGA and 1xHDMI.

Previously my other gfx had 2xDVI ports, and I had a dual monitor setup which was easy to configure.

Now I've put my main display on the DVI port, and have used a DVI->HDMI adapter for the second monitor.

However Windows doesn't detect the second monitor, unless I unplug the main monitor, then it recognises it on the Nvidia control panel, but not the Windows display settings. This also reverts to displaying the main monitor if I restart my computer. It's also hassling as I used my main monitor for gaming, so I want a Windows extend monitor feature, that plays it on ONE monitor and not extending over the whole 2 monitors.

Any suggestions?

Posted 08/28/2011 06:37 AM   
Try setting the extended monitor in NVIDIA control panel It should detect both your monitors.
Try setting the extended monitor in NVIDIA control panel It should detect both your monitors.

CCENT

Posted 09/12/2011 11:57 PM   
I have noticed that Windows cannot correctly detect monitors through a DVI to VGA converter, often.
I have noticed that Windows cannot correctly detect monitors through a DVI to VGA converter, often.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 09/14/2011 08:00 AM   
Scroll To Top