Control Panel: Adjust Video Settings not working.
So I don't know how long it's been happening, since I first went to adjust it after installing my new MSI 560 Ti.

When I go into control panel and attempt to adjust video settings, nothing works. However, adjust image settings (which shouldn't affect video) DOES in fact adjust video as well as desktop.

I've tried uninstalling all my codecs. I've tried re-installing the same. I've safe mode uninstall, cleaned and re-installed the latest Nvidia drivers, hunting down every instance of the control panel and...nothing.

Additionally (not sure if it's related) the brightness and gamma in almost all games is FAR too high. With most of them, DX:HR included, I have the in game brightness and gamma set to the lowest possible setting and it's still too bright. (My monitors aren't the problem, and even then, I've tried turning them WAY down to compensate.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance =)
So I don't know how long it's been happening, since I first went to adjust it after installing my new MSI 560 Ti.

When I go into control panel and attempt to adjust video settings, nothing works. However, adjust image settings (which shouldn't affect video) DOES in fact adjust video as well as desktop.

I've tried uninstalling all my codecs. I've tried re-installing the same. I've safe mode uninstall, cleaned and re-installed the latest Nvidia drivers, hunting down every instance of the control panel and...nothing.

Additionally (not sure if it's related) the brightness and gamma in almost all games is FAR too high. With most of them, DX:HR included, I have the in game brightness and gamma set to the lowest possible setting and it's still too bright. (My monitors aren't the problem, and even then, I've tried turning them WAY down to compensate.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance =)

Posted 08/27/2011 09:37 PM   
Never encountered before?
Never encountered before?

Posted 08/29/2011 03:52 AM   
I've never encountered it.

Try something like [url="http://quickgamma.de/indexen.html"]QuickGamma[/url] to check your display's gamma levels. It should be 2.20

Some displays include software that allows you to properly calibrate the device as well. Or, if you're on Windows 7, you can use the built-in calibrator.
I've never encountered it.

Try something like QuickGamma to check your display's gamma levels. It should be 2.20

Some displays include software that allows you to properly calibrate the device as well. Or, if you're on Windows 7, you can use the built-in calibrator.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 08/29/2011 08:42 AM   
Scroll To Top