nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Driver Issue
After installing my nVidia GeForce GTX 550ti, I now have driver issues with my nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet network adapter.

My network adapter driver is v 67.8.9.0, running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Uninstalling/reinstalling driver did not resolve the issue.

I am unable to find the latest driver 73.3.5.0 to see if it would resolve.

Can anyone help?
After installing my nVidia GeForce GTX 550ti, I now have driver issues with my nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet network adapter.

My network adapter driver is v 67.8.9.0, running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Uninstalling/reinstalling driver did not resolve the issue.

I am unable to find the latest driver 73.3.5.0 to see if it would resolve.

Can anyone help?

Posted 08/25/2011 06:33 AM   
PSU or another hardware IRQ conflict. Look for a BIOS update for your motherboard(make sure it states what it fixes)
PSU or another hardware IRQ conflict. Look for a BIOS update for your motherboard(make sure it states what it fixes)

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Only a fool leaves a driver in place that they know caused a problem.

Feel free to PM me if I stop responding :)

Posted 08/25/2011 12:24 PM   
greybear, i was replying to another question (that was edited or deleted), let me look for any irq conflicts, just a sec...
greybear, i was replying to another question (that was edited or deleted), let me look for any irq conflicts, just a sec...

Posted 08/25/2011 02:23 PM   
The remark about the BIOS update was for the motherboard and Videocard compatibility, not the LAN.

What can also happen is that you installed a card that pulls just enough juice that the LAN cannot function correctly. If you have other cards installed, you might also try removing them and seeing if the problem changes.
The remark about the BIOS update was for the motherboard and Videocard compatibility, not the LAN.

What can also happen is that you installed a card that pulls just enough juice that the LAN cannot function correctly. If you have other cards installed, you might also try removing them and seeing if the problem changes.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 08/25/2011 11:55 PM   
Windows reports driver issue with the LAN, reporting "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

The mobo is an ASUS M2N78-LA Viola, lastest update July 2010 installed, no other cards installed. Chipset drivers up to date, too. The only driver I could find that wasn't current was for the ethernet adapter, that's why I've been looking for it.

Looked for IRQ conflicts, Windows device manager not reporting any:

Ethernet adapter IRQ 2
GeForce GTX 550ti IRQ17
nForce Mgt Controller IRQ20
nVidia GeForce 9200 chipset IRQ21
nForce serial ATA controller IRQ21

I don't see any conflicts.

I can only raise power by disconnecting my DVD-RW, but my power supply should be good for the system.
Windows reports driver issue with the LAN, reporting "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

The mobo is an ASUS M2N78-LA Viola, lastest update July 2010 installed, no other cards installed. Chipset drivers up to date, too. The only driver I could find that wasn't current was for the ethernet adapter, that's why I've been looking for it.

Looked for IRQ conflicts, Windows device manager not reporting any:

Ethernet adapter IRQ 2

GeForce GTX 550ti IRQ17

I don't see any conflicts.

I can only raise power by disconnecting my DVD-RW, but my power supply should be good for the system.

Posted 08/26/2011 02:35 AM   
Windows XP forward through W7 hardly ever claims to have an IRQ error. The LAN device being on IRQ#2 looks funny to me....where is it at when the 550ti is not installed?

The IRQ#21 is also odd to me, is it still in the same spot after you remove the ti card?

When you have the ti card in, are you showing two Display Devices in the Device Manager? If so, Disable the 9200. In the BIOS, see if there is a way to disable the 9200 as I am assuming this is the Onboard GPU.

Curious, mind stating all the hardware and the PSU (make and model as well as other changes youve made)? Thats an HP board, your basically screwed on a BIOS update, but I cannot believe the PSU in that would have 24amps on the 12 volt line which is the minimum requirements I can find for the 1GB version of the 550ti.

Also, newer drivers are not always the best drivers. The GPU may work best with a new-er driver, but the board may work better with an older set.
Windows XP forward through W7 hardly ever claims to have an IRQ error. The LAN device being on IRQ#2 looks funny to me....where is it at when the 550ti is not installed?

The IRQ#21 is also odd to me, is it still in the same spot after you remove the ti card?

When you have the ti card in, are you showing two Display Devices in the Device Manager? If so, Disable the 9200. In the BIOS, see if there is a way to disable the 9200 as I am assuming this is the Onboard GPU.

Curious, mind stating all the hardware and the PSU (make and model as well as other changes youve made)? Thats an HP board, your basically screwed on a BIOS update, but I cannot believe the PSU in that would have 24amps on the 12 volt line which is the minimum requirements I can find for the 1GB version of the 550ti.

Also, newer drivers are not always the best drivers. The GPU may work best with a new-er driver, but the board may work better with an older set.

Posted 08/26/2011 12:13 PM   
What makes an interrupt request look funny or odd? Seems like it would be determined by the system according to what was best with the current hardware configuration to me. I have attached detailed interrupt system info.

All the info I find on the web indicates that error code 31 in device manager is a driver related issue, not a hardware/conflict issue.

There is a similar known issue in windows kb 932520, but i'm not sure it's identicle.

Will not be removing/reinstalling the card, so cannot answer the question of what IRQ was previously assigned to the ethernet adapter...too many issues with Windows when removing/reinstalling the card, and I do not wish to reinstall the OS (which might be the only solution, BTW)...especially since the ethernet adapter is actually functioning fine, for now.

I am unable to disable onboard 9200 GPU through the BIOS, however; the computer shipped from the factory with a 512 Mb nVidia PCIE card, I was just upgrading for better performance. Disabling the 9200 through Device Manager has no affect.

The power supply (upgrade, factory original failed one month out of warranty) is a 30 amp, 450 watt, and with no other cards, one DVD-RW, and one hard disk, and killer 3D video performance. I'm thinking the PSU is not the issue, but if it burns out, we'll know.

The only other hardware modification is a memory upgrade to 8GB (from 5GB), same number of memory cards (replaced 3 1GB with 3 2GB cards), 800 MHz PC2-6400 DDR2.

I have attached detailed interrupt system info.

Do you know where I might download the new ethernet driver, version 73.3.5.0?
What makes an interrupt request look funny or odd? Seems like it would be determined by the system according to what was best with the current hardware configuration to me. I have attached detailed interrupt system info.

All the info I find on the web indicates that error code 31 in device manager is a driver related issue, not a hardware/conflict issue.

There is a similar known issue in windows kb 932520, but i'm not sure it's identicle.

Will not be removing/reinstalling the card, so cannot answer the question of what IRQ was previously assigned to the ethernet adapter...too many issues with Windows when removing/reinstalling the card, and I do not wish to reinstall the OS (which might be the only solution, BTW)...especially since the ethernet adapter is actually functioning fine, for now.

I am unable to disable onboard 9200 GPU through the BIOS, however; the computer shipped from the factory with a 512 Mb nVidia PCIE card, I was just upgrading for better performance. Disabling the 9200 through Device Manager has no affect.

The power supply (upgrade, factory original failed one month out of warranty) is a 30 amp, 450 watt, and with no other cards, one DVD-RW, and one hard disk, and killer 3D video performance. I'm thinking the PSU is not the issue, but if it burns out, we'll know.

The only other hardware modification is a memory upgrade to 8GB (from 5GB), same number of memory cards (replaced 3 1GB with 3 2GB cards), 800 MHz PC2-6400 DDR2.

I have attached detailed interrupt system info.

Do you know where I might download the new ethernet driver, version 73.3.5.0?

Posted 08/27/2011 06:43 AM   
[quote name='North Alabama']
Ethernet adapter IRQ 2
GeForce GTX 550ti IRQ17
[/quote]

This was your previous statement, your PDF shows differently.....What did you change, because that changed the location of the LAN DEVICE to something, umm, even ODD-er. Odd means that the LAN device is not generally at IRQ#2, tends to be from >9-22.

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/Odd_IRQs.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='North Alabama']
ethernet driver, version 73.3.5.0
[/quote]

When I see requests like this, I think of those DRIVER SCANNERS that tell people their drivers are out of date and a NEWER version is available...so they embark on a quest for drivers that do not exist, is BETA, or Specifically designed for an OEM system....

The driver your looking for would have to exist in a PACKAGE higher than 15.56 for the AMD line Win/Vista7 as the one in that package looks like it should be 73.3.0.0
North Alabama said:

Ethernet adapter IRQ 2

GeForce GTX 550ti IRQ17

This was your previous statement, your PDF shows differently.....What did you change, because that changed the location of the LAN DEVICE to something, umm, even ODD-er. Odd means that the LAN device is not generally at IRQ#2, tends to be from >9-22.

North Alabama said:

ethernet driver, version 73.3.5.0

When I see requests like this, I think of those DRIVER SCANNERS that tell people their drivers are out of date and a NEWER version is available...so they embark on a quest for drivers that do not exist, is BETA, or Specifically designed for an OEM system....

The driver your looking for would have to exist in a PACKAGE higher than 15.56 for the AMD line Win/Vista7 as the one in that package looks like it should be 73.3.0.0

Posted 08/27/2011 01:53 PM   
both sets of information reside in windows, one from device manager, one from system information. i don't understand windows flaky reporting, just update when i find descrepencies. sorry i forgot to point out that the differences were the reason for the amended attachment, my oversight.

i realize having the lastest update for a driver is not always a good idea, especially when there are not any issues or conflicts. unfortunately, since i have conflicts, and windows and microsoft kb indicate the driver as the most likely cause, i should begin looking for updates.

the only reason any nvidia drivers were updated was that the newly installed hardware required the update. that's when the ethernet driver began reporting errors.

i found ethernet driver 73.3.0.0 from nforce pkg 15.56, did not resolve conflicts, still looking for version 73.3.5.0.

thanks again for the heads up on where to find nforce ethernet driver 73.3.0.0, the ethernet adapter was not listed in the applicable hardware list on nvidia.com. one of the driver info software pages claimed that my older version was up to date. the info i was going on was a web search for an updated driver.
both sets of information reside in windows, one from device manager, one from system information. i don't understand windows flaky reporting, just update when i find descrepencies. sorry i forgot to point out that the differences were the reason for the amended attachment, my oversight.

i realize having the lastest update for a driver is not always a good idea, especially when there are not any issues or conflicts. unfortunately, since i have conflicts, and windows and microsoft kb indicate the driver as the most likely cause, i should begin looking for updates.

the only reason any nvidia drivers were updated was that the newly installed hardware required the update. that's when the ethernet driver began reporting errors.

i found ethernet driver 73.3.0.0 from nforce pkg 15.56, did not resolve conflicts, still looking for version 73.3.5.0.

thanks again for the heads up on where to find nforce ethernet driver 73.3.0.0, the ethernet adapter was not listed in the applicable hardware list on nvidia.com. one of the driver info software pages claimed that my older version was up to date. the info i was going on was a web search for an updated driver.

Posted 08/27/2011 09:31 PM   
That is odd.

My Lan devices in WinXP show as the same in both the DEVICE MANAGER and the Hardware section of the report. This means there is something wrong with your Windows7 or the hardware installed.....if you start having issues, again, I would suggest the removal of the GPU and the recheck of the information, as they should be the same, adding or removing hardware can push devices to other IRQs because the OS is trying to manage them.

Also to note, you have a PCI modem in the list, if this is onboard and not being used, can be disable in the BIOS (which removes it from the Device Manager) and make move the evices to other IRQs again.

That is odd.

My Lan devices in WinXP show as the same in both the DEVICE MANAGER and the Hardware section of the report. This means there is something wrong with your Windows7 or the hardware installed.....if you start having issues, again, I would suggest the removal of the GPU and the recheck of the information, as they should be the same, adding or removing hardware can push devices to other IRQs because the OS is trying to manage them.

Also to note, you have a PCI modem in the list, if this is onboard and not being used, can be disable in the BIOS (which removes it from the Device Manager) and make move the evices to other IRQs again.

Posted 08/27/2011 11:50 PM   
this turned out to be a driver issue, as suspected. there was no os issue (vista 64-bit sp2), no hardware failure, and no need to disable any of the hardware. i finally found a microsoft driver assistance forum that automatically scanned and updated the ethernet driver, and all was well, except for one small anomaly (detected in event viewer reporting) that i can live with.
this turned out to be a driver issue, as suspected. there was no os issue (vista 64-bit sp2), no hardware failure, and no need to disable any of the hardware.

i finally found a microsoft driver assistance forum that automatically scanned and updated the ethernet driver, and all was well, except for one small anomaly (detected in event viewer reporting) that i can live with.

Posted 11/01/2012 02:46 PM   
Scroll To Top