GeForce 520 GT ~No Sound Problem~
I recently bought and installed the GeForce 520 GT (http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gt-520) in my desktop.
I connect my HP Pavilion D4100Y computer to my Vizio L37HDTV10A using a VGA cable and a stereo jack for audio, same as before I installed the 520 GT. However, after I installed the 520 GT, there was no sound. It does not even recognize that there is any sound device. If I try to adjust the volume, it won't let me. It says there is no audio device. In the device manager, under Sound, video and game controllers, it lists:
Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, NVIDIA High Definition Audio, and Video Codecs.
It says that all of these devices are working properly...

I know that it is not the cable because I plugged it into my laptop, and it worked.
I can't even hear anything if I plug in headphones. It just says "No Audio Device" under Sounds and Audio Devices Properties.

Oh, and I'm running Windows XP.

I have no idea what the problem is. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I recently bought and installed the GeForce 520 GT (http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gt-520) in my desktop.

I connect my HP Pavilion D4100Y computer to my Vizio L37HDTV10A using a VGA cable and a stereo jack for audio, same as before I installed the 520 GT. However, after I installed the 520 GT, there was no sound. It does not even recognize that there is any sound device. If I try to adjust the volume, it won't let me. It says there is no audio device. In the device manager, under Sound, video and game controllers, it lists:

Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, NVIDIA High Definition Audio, and Video Codecs.

It says that all of these devices are working properly...

I know that it is not the cable because I plugged it into my laptop, and it worked.

I can't even hear anything if I plug in headphones. It just says "No Audio Device" under Sounds and Audio Devices Properties.

Oh, and I'm running Windows XP.

I have no idea what the problem is. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted 08/19/2011 02:57 AM   
Update: Tried uninstalling all NVidia Drivers, restarted my computer, then updated my sound drivers from the HP website, and it still does not work. Now I tried reinstalling my NVidia Drivers, and a minute into the installation it says "Installation Failed" (Graphics Driver Failed).

Uhh... I think I really messed something up here. Please help, thanks.
Update: Tried uninstalling all NVidia Drivers, restarted my computer, then updated my sound drivers from the HP website, and it still does not work. Now I tried reinstalling my NVidia Drivers, and a minute into the installation it says "Installation Failed" (Graphics Driver Failed).

Uhh... I think I really messed something up here. Please help, thanks.

Posted 08/19/2011 10:51 PM   
Follow the detailed steps in this guide to perform a clean installation of the Nvidia drivers: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555

Also when you reinstall the Nvidia drivers, do a Custom installation and make sure not to install the Nvidia HD audio drivers. Afterwards disable Nvidia HD Audio devices in the Windows Device Manager and then reinstall the proper audio drivers from HP's website.
Follow the detailed steps in this guide to perform a clean installation of the Nvidia drivers: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555

Also when you reinstall the Nvidia drivers, do a Custom installation and make sure not to install the Nvidia HD audio drivers. Afterwards disable Nvidia HD Audio devices in the Windows Device Manager and then reinstall the proper audio drivers from HP's website.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 08/20/2011 12:44 AM   
[quote name='Ital' date='19 August 2011 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1313801075' post='1281702']

[/quote]

Thanks for the response!
Already did all of this, fixed the Failed Installation thing, reinstalled with no HD Audio Device, updated my sound card driver from HP's website.. Still not fixed. Idk what the problem is.

Edit: Solved.

Thanks for the help, got it all worked out now.
Turned out that my Windows Audio was disabled in my services.. Not sure how that happened, but this is embarrassing haha.
[quote name='Ital' date='19 August 2011 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1313801075' post='1281702']

Thanks for the response!

Already did all of this, fixed the Failed Installation thing, reinstalled with no HD Audio Device, updated my sound card driver from HP's website.. Still not fixed. Idk what the problem is.

Edit: Solved.

Thanks for the help, got it all worked out now.

Turned out that my Windows Audio was disabled in my services.. Not sure how that happened, but this is embarrassing haha.

Posted 08/20/2011 12:58 AM   
Scroll To Top