new drivers and emitter problem
  1 / 2    
hi guys
i just updated my drivers to the new one posted today and now i cant toggle the 3d vision on and off with my emitter button ?

anyone else have this cos its a right pain and ive had to toggle off my 3d alltogether as a result as i dont want it on all the while

i thought thats whats the emitter button was for ?
hi guys

i just updated my drivers to the new one posted today and now i cant toggle the 3d vision on and off with my emitter button ?

anyone else have this cos its a right pain and ive had to toggle off my 3d alltogether as a result as i dont want it on all the while

i thought thats whats the emitter button was for ?

Posted 08/09/2011 09:28 PM   
Yes the emitter button is broken in the 280.xx drivers.
You can still use the keyboard hot keys.

Demonstrating yet again NVidias in ability to test basic functionality with 3D Vision an any functionality with 3D Vision Surround which is still broken in every driver after 270.xx.
Yes the emitter button is broken in the 280.xx drivers.

You can still use the keyboard hot keys.

Demonstrating yet again NVidias in ability to test basic functionality with 3D Vision an any functionality with 3D Vision Surround which is still broken in every driver after 270.xx.
Posted 08/09/2011 10:31 PM   
It's not broken here, using either of the 280 drivers. Are you sure the correct emitter driver is being used?
It's not broken here, using either of the 280 drivers. Are you sure the correct emitter driver is being used?

Current Rig: |Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, EVGA X58 Classified 4-way SLI, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670| -> |Acer H5360 + Nvidia 3D Vision|

Posted 08/10/2011 05:17 PM   
Broken here aswell - all of a sudden the button (and the wheel) stopped working. And yes, the problem came up after I used the new driver though it was not there right from the start. Yesterday everything worked as it should be and today (right in the middle of a game) I noticed that the button wasn't working anymore (least the keyboard shortcuts still work)
Broken here aswell - all of a sudden the button (and the wheel) stopped working. And yes, the problem came up after I used the new driver though it was not there right from the start. Yesterday everything worked as it should be and today (right in the middle of a game) I noticed that the button wasn't working anymore (least the keyboard shortcuts still work)

Posted 08/11/2011 09:54 PM   
I'm having the same exact issue.

I'm pretty sure I have the right 3D driver as I'm using the one Nvidia packaged with the driver 280.26
I'm having the same exact issue.

I'm pretty sure I have the right 3D driver as I'm using the one Nvidia packaged with the driver 280.26

EVGA X58 3X sli Classified3 E770 BIOS 83 ; intel i7 950/CoolerMaster Hyper N620 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 12GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) @8,9,8,24 88 1T 1987hz ; EVGA 780GTX ; Creative X-Fi Titanium ;450gig WD SATA Raptor/System installed with Windows 7 64bit Pro/600gig WD Raptor Games ; 1TB WD/storage Programs and video ; Happauge WinTV-HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF X 942 case ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack/ CoolerMaster drive bays ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

Posted 08/12/2011 12:34 AM   
Could you please try attaching the emitter even before booting up system? Is the button working after that?
Could you please try attaching the emitter even before booting up system? Is the button working after that?

Posted 08/12/2011 04:37 AM   
I'm having the same problem and tried the same thing with no new result...

I can still adjust the 3D depth by adjusting it with the Nvidia Control panel and turn on and off 3D by pushing ctrl+T, but it's sooo much less convenient than being able to adjust it while in game with the dial behind the IR transmitter.
I'm having the same problem and tried the same thing with no new result...

I can still adjust the 3D depth by adjusting it with the Nvidia Control panel and turn on and off 3D by pushing ctrl+T, but it's sooo much less convenient than being able to adjust it while in game with the dial behind the IR transmitter.

Posted 08/12/2011 06:52 AM   
Though I was on Beta Drivers, going to update to the latest drivers and see if there's a change...
Though I was on Beta Drivers, going to update to the latest drivers and see if there's a change...

Posted 08/12/2011 06:54 AM   
Okay, well I dunno what the rest of you gents are whining about but I got my IR emitter button and dial functionality back again after updating to 280.26.

But I did send this issue to the proper Nvidia authorities.

Also have you guys attempted to reinstall your Nvidia 3D Vision Hardware drivers alone?
Okay, well I dunno what the rest of you gents are whining about but I got my IR emitter button and dial functionality back again after updating to 280.26.

But I did send this issue to the proper Nvidia authorities.

Also have you guys attempted to reinstall your Nvidia 3D Vision Hardware drivers alone?

Posted 08/12/2011 08:24 AM   
[quote name='H B' date='12 August 2011 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1313123821' post='1278253']
[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying to remove and re-plug the emitter while the system is off?

I never unplug my emitter. Since the Nvidia drivers started being packaged with the all in one install I have just removed my old drivers, ran driver cleaner, and reinstalled th new drivers and this is the first time I have had this issue.

maybe they updated the USB/emitter driver and the usb needs to be reset? I will try this tonight.

and my 3D also works but it has to be set to automatic start with games or hotkey.
[quote name='H B' date='12 August 2011 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1313123821' post='1278253']

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying to remove and re-plug the emitter while the system is off?

I never unplug my emitter. Since the Nvidia drivers started being packaged with the all in one install I have just removed my old drivers, ran driver cleaner, and reinstalled th new drivers and this is the first time I have had this issue.

maybe they updated the USB/emitter driver and the usb needs to be reset? I will try this tonight.

and my 3D also works but it has to be set to automatic start with games or hotkey.

EVGA X58 3X sli Classified3 E770 BIOS 83 ; intel i7 950/CoolerMaster Hyper N620 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 12GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) @8,9,8,24 88 1T 1987hz ; EVGA 780GTX ; Creative X-Fi Titanium ;450gig WD SATA Raptor/System installed with Windows 7 64bit Pro/600gig WD Raptor Games ; 1TB WD/storage Programs and video ; Happauge WinTV-HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF X 942 case ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack/ CoolerMaster drive bays ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

Posted 08/12/2011 12:24 PM   
Little update: Last night I did a complete reinstall of the system on a fresh HD including the latest Nvidia drivers. Well, I was hoping that would also solve the button/wheel-problem on the emitter since some people seem to have it while it works fine for others.

Unless I oversaw something huge it definately is a bug with the driver - once again the wheel seemed to work smoothly for a while but right in the middle of a game everything on the emitter (button and wheelwise) stopped working again.
Little update: Last night I did a complete reinstall of the system on a fresh HD including the latest Nvidia drivers. Well, I was hoping that would also solve the button/wheel-problem on the emitter since some people seem to have it while it works fine for others.

Unless I oversaw something huge it definately is a bug with the driver - once again the wheel seemed to work smoothly for a while but right in the middle of a game everything on the emitter (button and wheelwise) stopped working again.

Posted 08/14/2011 02:39 PM   
Yeah I tried unpluging and reinstalling the drivers but my button still doesn't work, I don't feel like going back to the last WHQL so I'm just gonna wait and hope Nvidia fixes it. until then I'll use the hotkeys.
Yeah I tried unpluging and reinstalling the drivers but my button still doesn't work, I don't feel like going back to the last WHQL so I'm just gonna wait and hope Nvidia fixes it. until then I'll use the hotkeys.

Posted 08/14/2011 03:14 PM   
Me too! I upgraded to get the new windowed mode but now the basic stuff has stopped working! Aahhhhgggr!
Me too! I upgraded to get the new windowed mode but now the basic stuff has stopped working! Aahhhhgggr!

Posted 08/14/2011 09:31 PM   
NOW I have a major issue!!
Before upgrading to the 280.26WHQL I was using the 280.19 for the BF3 alpha, this driver worked well and looked fine in both 3D and most games.
Then I upgrade to the 280.26 and all of the sudden my emitter button and wheel no longer respond, also in BFBC2 the colors are kinda washed out and way too bright on some of the dusty levels, again never before seen in any previous driver…and I try them all.
NOW I decide to roll back my drivers and wait for Nvidia to fix or figure out what this issue that’s happening to some (not all apparently) and low and behold my emitter button/wheel still does NOT work!!

I removed all the drivers
Deleted the folder containing the old driver
Ran Driver cleaner.net in safe mode
rebooted into windows 7
Installed the driver that was working 280.19 (it DID install a new USB driver)

Is my emitter borked now because of the newer USB driver? Do I once again need to remove the USB emitter cable when changing drivers? And if so why didn’t someone tell us to do that?

Although the 3D still works with ctrl-T…This really sucks because I like to use the emitter wheel to change depth and the button activate.

Before upgrading to the 280.26WHQL I was using the 280.19 for the BF3 alpha, this driver worked well and looked fine in both 3D and most games.

Then I upgrade to the 280.26 and all of the sudden my emitter button and wheel no longer respond, also in BFBC2 the colors are kinda washed out and way too bright on some of the dusty levels, again never before seen in any previous driver…and I try them all.

NOW I decide to roll back my drivers and wait for Nvidia to fix or figure out what this issue that’s happening to some (not all apparently) and low and behold my emitter button/wheel still does NOT work!!

rebooted into windows 7

Is my emitter borked now because of the newer USB driver? Do I once again need to remove the USB emitter cable when changing drivers? And if so why didn’t someone tell us to do that?

Although the 3D still works with ctrl-T…This really sucks because I like to use the emitter wheel to change depth and the button activate.

Posted 08/15/2011 01:42 PM   
[quote name='JimBeamBlack' date='15 August 2011 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1313415734' post='1279580']

rebooted into windows 7

[/quote]

I spent some time trying to fix this yesterday. i kept bsod'ing in witcher 2 using 3d only on 275.33. so anyways I uninstalled all 275.33 drivers, reboot, ran driver cleaner. Downloaded 280.26 again. Reinstalled with the 3d emitter unplugged. Rebooted. Ran 3d wizard, plugged in when prompted, wizard completed fine. Ran the test with nvidia logo, and the wheel and on / off button dont work. Checked Programs and features, the emitter driver was 280.19. Everything else 26. Bit odd so i uninstalled that driver only. Pulled the emitter driver from 275.33 and installed. Ran the 3d wizard again and still no access to the on/off button and wheel! I dont think its related to the emitter driver. So i reinstalled the driver from 280.26, it installed emitter at 280.19. At this point i gave up and really wanted to test witcher 2. played using 3d on and off for about 3 hours and had no bsod. Happier but still not liking the loss of the emitter.
[quote name='JimBeamBlack' date='15 August 2011 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1313415734' post='1279580']

rebooted into windows 7

I spent some time trying to fix this yesterday. i kept bsod'ing in witcher 2 using 3d only on 275.33. so anyways I uninstalled all 275.33 drivers, reboot, ran driver cleaner. Downloaded 280.26 again. Reinstalled with the 3d emitter unplugged. Rebooted. Ran 3d wizard, plugged in when prompted, wizard completed fine. Ran the test with nvidia logo, and the wheel and on / off button dont work. Checked Programs and features, the emitter driver was 280.19. Everything else 26. Bit odd so i uninstalled that driver only. Pulled the emitter driver from 275.33 and installed. Ran the 3d wizard again and still no access to the on/off button and wheel! I dont think its related to the emitter driver. So i reinstalled the driver from 280.26, it installed emitter at 280.19. At this point i gave up and really wanted to test witcher 2. played using 3d on and off for about 3 hours and had no bsod. Happier but still not liking the loss of the emitter.

Posted 08/18/2011 01:58 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top