daemonu.exe problem
As of recent my computer has been starting up and loading programs slow and the only thing I have noticed different is after start up and receive an error window informing me that daemonu.exe has encountered a problem and has quit. I have scanned the net for possible fixes and can't seem to find any. All I have found is that this .exe file is associated with my nvidia graphics card. I have a 6600gt and thought if I reinstalled the drivers it would remedy the problem, however it did not. The drivers install just fine it's the update that doesn't install and then results in a failed installation. Please help! I can't game or do much of anything due to the lack of preformance.

Thank you
As of recent my computer has been starting up and loading programs slow and the only thing I have noticed different is after start up and receive an error window informing me that daemonu.exe has encountered a problem and has quit. I have scanned the net for possible fixes and can't seem to find any. All I have found is that this .exe file is associated with my nvidia graphics card. I have a 6600gt and thought if I reinstalled the drivers it would remedy the problem, however it did not. The drivers install just fine it's the update that doesn't install and then results in a failed installation. Please help! I can't game or do much of anything due to the lack of preformance.

Thank you

Posted 08/07/2011 05:46 PM   
Uninstall the nvidia update service, or clean reinstall the driver deselecting that module during custom install.

Another option is just to disable the service in Start > Run (or Winkey+R) > services.msc
Uninstall the nvidia update service, or clean reinstall the driver deselecting that module during custom install.

Another option is just to disable the service in Start > Run (or Winkey+R) > services.msc

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 08/07/2011 06:08 PM   
Scroll To Top