Deus Ex Human Revolution
  1 / 34    
Hi All

I'm sure many of you have seen the news that Deus Ex Human Evolution will be supported with AMD HD3D Quad buffered mode. There hasnt been a lot of talk about 3D Vision support for the game from Edios, but we are working with the developer to support it with 3D Vision.

If you want to provide your voice and encourage the developer to support 3D Vision, please visit the Eidos Forums and politely voice your support.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116984

Thanks!
Hi All

I'm sure many of you have seen the news that Deus Ex Human Evolution will be supported with AMD HD3D Quad buffered mode. There hasnt been a lot of talk about 3D Vision support for the game from Edios, but we are working with the developer to support it with 3D Vision.

If you want to provide your voice and encourage the developer to support 3D Vision, please visit the Eidos Forums and politely voice your support.

Thanks!

Posted 08/05/2011 04:37 PM   
I posted my request without getting into a flame war with the usual posts in every 3D request thread that are either uninformed about how 3D works or just want to flame for no reason.
I posted my request without getting into a flame war with the usual posts in every 3D request thread that are either uninformed about how 3D works or just want to flame for no reason.

Posted 08/05/2011 04:50 PM   
[quote name='Arioch' date='05 August 2011 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1312563005' post='1275308']
[/quote]

Well done, I'm tired of 3D haters...
[quote name='Arioch' date='05 August 2011 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1312563005' post='1275308']

Well done, I'm tired of 3D haters...

Posted 08/05/2011 05:19 PM   
It appears that thread got locked for some reason, so I posted in this open one instead:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117842
It appears that thread got locked for some reason, so I posted in this open one instead:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117842

Posted 08/05/2011 06:14 PM   
The Vitriol in those threads is always crazy (and entertaining). People are PASSIONATE about 3D, unfortunately the majority of those passionate people HATE 3D. LOL!. "it's a gimmick", "It's a dead technology", "It'll be gone in 2 years", "It causes eye strain and headaches". Actually, I think the real culprit here is cinema. Seems as though EVERY movie gets a 3D treatment whether it needs it or not. I love 3D, but even I don't like to have to pay extra $ for tickets to take my daughter to see Smurfs in 3D (yeah, that's right, I saw it so that you don't have to!!!) Anyway, I've lost track of how many times my friends complain about 3D movies (not the good ones, like Avatar). Anyway, it seems pretty clear to me that the only exposure to 3D that the vast majority of those vitriolic posters have is crappy movies (Clash of the Titans anyone?). It's difficult for anyone to imagine how cool and immersive well-done 3D gaming is if you haven't personally experienced it, so people assume that it is just like a bad 3D movie and therefore a waste of time. Others may want to experience it, but can't afford the price of admission, and as a result they attack it mostly to convince themselves that it's stupid and they don't need it anyway.

Just speculating...
The Vitriol in those threads is always crazy (and entertaining). People are PASSIONATE about 3D, unfortunately the majority of those passionate people HATE 3D. LOL!. "it's a gimmick", "It's a dead technology", "It'll be gone in 2 years", "It causes eye strain and headaches". Actually, I think the real culprit here is cinema. Seems as though EVERY movie gets a 3D treatment whether it needs it or not. I love 3D, but even I don't like to have to pay extra $ for tickets to take my daughter to see Smurfs in 3D (yeah, that's right, I saw it so that you don't have to!!!) Anyway, I've lost track of how many times my friends complain about 3D movies (not the good ones, like Avatar). Anyway, it seems pretty clear to me that the only exposure to 3D that the vast majority of those vitriolic posters have is crappy movies (Clash of the Titans anyone?). It's difficult for anyone to imagine how cool and immersive well-done 3D gaming is if you haven't personally experienced it, so people assume that it is just like a bad 3D movie and therefore a waste of time. Others may want to experience it, but can't afford the price of admission, and as a result they attack it mostly to convince themselves that it's stupid and they don't need it anyway.

Just speculating...

Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

-Buckaroo Banzai

Posted 08/05/2011 06:49 PM   
It's the same old crap in every thread where we ask for 3D support - the "it's a gimmick" post, the "3D is lame" because of what is seen in theaters, the "I don't want to be forced to play in 3D", and on and on...

Yes, It's basically what you posted but I see it too all the time.
It's the same old crap in every thread where we ask for 3D support - the "it's a gimmick" post, the "3D is lame" because of what is seen in theaters, the "I don't want to be forced to play in 3D", and on and on...

Yes, It's basically what you posted but I see it too all the time.

Posted 08/05/2011 07:06 PM   
[quote name='CaliBuckeye' date='05 August 2011 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1312570186' post='1275348']

Just speculating...
[/quote]

This...!
[quote name='CaliBuckeye' date='05 August 2011 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1312570186' post='1275348']

Just speculating...

This...!

Posted 08/05/2011 11:45 PM   
[quote name='CaliBuckeye' date='05 August 2011 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1312570186' post='1275348']
Actually, I think the real culprit here is cinema.
[/quote]

Wrong. The real culprit is the lack of money. If you have a graphic card and a decent cpu, you can play nearly everything, because it doesn't matter to the card if you will play an old game with simple 2d sprites or a full fledged game with 3d graphics like Fallout or Oblivion or CoD. On the other hand, if you want the 3D Vision/HD3D experience you have to dish out some extra cash for the monitor and glasses. Most people who criticize 3D generally can't afford it, and thus will relentlessly criticize the technology because they can't even get near it in the real life.
Try writing somewhere that you have, for example, a 3-way SLI of 580. See for yourself how many people will ask why you bought it and how many will just bitch because they can, instead.

My 2 cents.

p.s.: I'm sure it would be the perfect ticket for a permaban, but it has always been my dream to post, in a thread like that, the famous Haters Gonna Hate gif. An image worth a thousand words.
[quote name='CaliBuckeye' date='05 August 2011 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1312570186' post='1275348']

Actually, I think the real culprit here is cinema.

Wrong. The real culprit is the lack of money. If you have a graphic card and a decent cpu, you can play nearly everything, because it doesn't matter to the card if you will play an old game with simple 2d sprites or a full fledged game with 3d graphics like Fallout or Oblivion or CoD. On the other hand, if you want the 3D Vision/HD3D experience you have to dish out some extra cash for the monitor and glasses. Most people who criticize 3D generally can't afford it, and thus will relentlessly criticize the technology because they can't even get near it in the real life.

Try writing somewhere that you have, for example, a 3-way SLI of 580. See for yourself how many people will ask why you bought it and how many will just bitch because they can, instead.

My 2 cents.

p.s.: I'm sure it would be the perfect ticket for a permaban, but it has always been my dream to post, in a thread like that, the famous Haters Gonna Hate gif. An image worth a thousand words.

Posted 08/06/2011 08:45 AM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='05 August 2011 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1312562277' post='1275301']
Hi All

Thanks!
[/quote]

You've been working with them like you did with Witcher 2? In other words i'll believe it when I see it.
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='05 August 2011 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1312562277' post='1275301']

Hi All

Thanks!

You've been working with them like you did with Witcher 2? In other words i'll believe it when I see it.

My First PC Set-Up for Gaming:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 [3GHz/8MB/LGA1366]

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

RAM: (x2) Corsair 6GB kit (3x XMS 2GB) DDR3 PC-12800 1600MHz

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 1TB (x2)

Graphics Card: (x2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 570 SC 1280 mb DDR5

Optical Drive: Samsung 12 Blu-ray / dvdrw combo

Case: CoolerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

Power Supply: CollerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

[url="www.blurayuser.com"]www.blurayuser.com[/url]

Posted 08/06/2011 08:48 AM   
I think ,the active 3D hate is about confirmation bias,for those guys, even no information is information and points to a "3D- less" / "passive polarized" world,its a very generic 2 legged behavior, if you think about it, but you shouldn't really.
I think ,the active 3D hate is about confirmation bias,for those guys, even no information is information and points to a "3D- less" / "passive polarized" world,its a very generic 2 legged behavior, if you think about it, but you shouldn't really.

Posted 08/06/2011 08:57 AM   
[quote]If you want to provide your voice and encourage the developer to support 3D Vision, please visit the Eidos Forums and politely voice your support.[/quote]
Errr, isn't it a bit late for that? I suppose they could fix up smaller problems that show up using the passive driver support but a 3D mouse pointer isn't likely to happen.

Errr, isn't it a bit late for that? I suppose they could fix up smaller problems that show up using the passive driver support but a 3D mouse pointer isn't likely to happen.

Posted 08/06/2011 02:48 PM   
[quote name='paolobar2005' date='06 August 2011 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1312620304' post='1275620']
Wrong.[/quote]

Haha, that response is just as belligerent as the posts that we're talking about. Very black and white. "You're wrong, it's not due to crappy 3D movies, I'm right that it's due to the expense." Now I could make a reply saying "Nope, you're wrong and I'm right." This way we could keep going back and forth with our arguements based on speculation and not fact. The reality is that it's a combination of both (and likely other things as well) as I stated in my original post.

I do get your point paloabar, just sayin'. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='paolobar2005' date='06 August 2011 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1312620304' post='1275620']

Wrong.

Haha, that response is just as belligerent as the posts that we're talking about. Very black and white. "You're wrong, it's not due to crappy 3D movies, I'm right that it's due to the expense." Now I could make a reply saying "Nope, you're wrong and I'm right." This way we could keep going back and forth with our arguements based on speculation and not fact. The reality is that it's a combination of both (and likely other things as well) as I stated in my original post.

I do get your point paloabar, just sayin'. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

-Buckaroo Banzai

Posted 08/06/2011 07:44 PM   
[quote name='Suntory_Times' date='06 August 2011 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1312620487' post='1275622']
[/quote]

+1

I only believe if the game have the 3D Vision Ready logo... oh wait!!
[quote name='Suntory_Times' date='06 August 2011 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1312620487' post='1275622']

+1

I only believe if the game have the 3D Vision Ready logo... oh wait!!

Posted 08/06/2011 08:47 PM   
If you really get deus ex working properly with 3d vision i'll get some of my faith back iinto nvidia's commitment on 3d vision after the witcher 2 fiasco, though i also think that it's too late by now. I wish the best luck to ati and hopefully their deus ex 3d support is top notch, nothing like good old competition for nvidia to start taking 3d seriously again, and if ati solution is really good on deus ex and 3d vision isn't i'll surely get an ati card to play it, i've always loved deus ex and after readind pc gamers review i know i want to play that game in 3d
If you really get deus ex working properly with 3d vision i'll get some of my faith back iinto nvidia's commitment on 3d vision after the witcher 2 fiasco, though i also think that it's too late by now. I wish the best luck to ati and hopefully their deus ex 3d support is top notch, nothing like good old competition for nvidia to start taking 3d seriously again, and if ati solution is really good on deus ex and 3d vision isn't i'll surely get an ati card to play it, i've always loved deus ex and after readind pc gamers review i know i want to play that game in 3d

All hail Helix, 3d god among us! You can find him at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
You can visit my virtual reality and 3d blog site at http://www.entraeneljuego.com for the latest news and reviews (in spanish)

Posted 08/06/2011 10:31 PM   
You can add me to the list of people who would like to see it in 3D HOWEVER I won't buying this until I can confirm adequate driver support in SLI and possibly 3D. The whole Witcher 2 thing has jaded this guy....
You can add me to the list of people who would like to see it in 3D HOWEVER I won't buying this until I can confirm adequate driver support in SLI and possibly 3D. The whole Witcher 2 thing has jaded this guy....

i72600@4.5GHz w/ Hyper 212+ | GA P67A-UD7-B3 | EVGA GTX 580SC SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB | Corsair P3 128GB SSD | WD 1T Caviar Black | Corsair 1200AX PSU | HAF 932 | Asus VG236HEx2 & Asus VG236H

Posted 08/07/2011 03:00 PM   
  1 / 34    
Scroll To Top