How to convert 2D image to 3D
[size="3"][font="Georgia"]Hey everyone. I've been searching for a method to convert flat 2D images to the type of 3D photos featured on the 3D Vision Live page. I'm simply interested in receiving some feedback as to what types of software I should pursue in order to begin experimenting, and perhaps some basic tutorials / instructions, as well. I've looked for tutorials around the web and haven't encountered many that seem to be what I'm after. If you could share your expertise in pointing me in the right direction, I'd be truly appreciate. :) Cheers![/font][/size]
Hey everyone. I've been searching for a method to convert flat 2D images to the type of 3D photos featured on the 3D Vision Live page. I'm simply interested in receiving some feedback as to what types of software I should pursue in order to begin experimenting, and perhaps some basic tutorials / instructions, as well. I've looked for tutorials around the web and haven't encountered many that seem to be what I'm after. If you could share your expertise in pointing me in the right direction, I'd be truly appreciate. :) Cheers!

Posted 08/03/2011 02:00 AM   
Do you mean taking two images that you created and merging them into one stereoscopic image? That's easy. Take any old paint program and plop them in side by side then save the file as a .JPG. Rename the file to be a .JPS and you can uploade it.

If you're looking for software that takes a single 2D image and tries to figure out what it is in 3D then that's... harder. Much harder.
Do you mean taking two images that you created and merging them into one stereoscopic image? That's easy. Take any old paint program and plop them in side by side then save the file as a .JPG. Rename the file to be a .JPS and you can uploade it.

If you're looking for software that takes a single 2D image and tries to figure out what it is in 3D then that's... harder. Much harder.

Posted 08/03/2011 04:11 AM   
I did so, and it works not too bad but it's a lot less good quality than the pictures we can see on this site.

How can we doing these awesome pictures ? Is there somewhere a good, complete and detailled tutorial on transforming 2D pictures on 3D pictures ?
I did so, and it works not too bad but it's a lot less good quality than the pictures we can see on this site.

How can we doing these awesome pictures ? Is there somewhere a good, complete and detailled tutorial on transforming 2D pictures on 3D pictures ?

Posted 08/15/2011 08:12 PM   
Well, the screenshots are done via 3D Vision. The 3D photographis are done either with 3D cameras or by taking two pictures from two positions. Some are done by photoshopping and those don't look so good.
Well, the screenshots are done via 3D Vision. The 3D photographis are done either with 3D cameras or by taking two pictures from two positions. Some are done by photoshopping and those don't look so good.

Posted 08/16/2011 12:10 AM   
Scroll To Top