Need Advice on Rig and Game Performance?
RIG:

Phenom II X4 945 3ghz
GTX 570 HD 2560 MB
Win 7 64 bit
8gb DDR3 1333mhz ram

I was wondering if I am getting the FPS I am supposed to get in my games with this rig, I have a 570 but it has 2.5 gb instead of 1.25 gb stock however I don't know how much performance increase this will give in my games, I seem to be on par with geforce.com OPS but just maybe a little lower in som games, due to my CPU probably, ofcourse these are the stock 570 so I was wondering...

Everything is at 1920 X 1080 res, I assume not much different than 1920 X 1200

Crysis 2, DX11, High Res TEX
I ran the Adranaline Program Bench mark for Crysis 2 and with everything maxed on the Times Square map, I got an average of around 46 fps and a min of 17 fps...during SP gameplay with the Ultra settings, High RES tex, and DX11 I get probly an avg of 35 but can go into the 40s and 50s, but has gone in the high 20s during really demanding sequences but usually in the high 30s or 40s...geforce.com says 35 avg. FPS with the same settings...

Mafia II
Everything maxed, AA is maxed, and High Physx running the benchmark I get 29 avg fps, geforce.com says 31, not much different but again I have a 570 2.5g, if I turn Physx off I get like 59 or 60 fps during the bench, but ofcourse during the actual game I saw it go as high as + 100 everthing maxed Physx off, but usually around +60 fps consistent

Bad Company 2
Everyting maxed, HBAO on, 32x AA, 16x AF I get well over 60 fps consistent but I have seen it dip into the high 40s, geforce.com says 60 fps with those settings, but that is at 1920 x 1200, aso I think they have 16x AA, I usually use the highest AA, with HBAO off it is always higher than 60 fps usually like in the 80s have seen it as high as 120 in some places, but overall seems to run like butter...

Crysis 1 and Warhead ...

THis is where I get the real issue...I think geforce.com says 39 fps avg. with everything maxed but 8X AA..now I have 16q X AA, but I put shadows and shading at high, with everything very high...now I get good fps usually higher than 30 and in the 40s and 50s, sometimes the 60s or higher, but I was surprised that I got in the high 20s during really heavy firefights, so I ask is this right with my setup...

anyways that is just a few examples of taxing games, so I was just wondering if this was correct, and if I was getting the performance I should be getting, any help or advice will help...

I am changing MB soon to an AM3+ for a Bulldozer, but will upgrade to a PII X 6 1100t to hold me over, I don't know how much extra perfomance this will give me....

thank you...
RIG:

Phenom II X4 945 3ghz

GTX 570 HD 2560 MB

Win 7 64 bit

8gb DDR3 1333mhz ram

I was wondering if I am getting the FPS I am supposed to get in my games with this rig, I have a 570 but it has 2.5 gb instead of 1.25 gb stock however I don't know how much performance increase this will give in my games, I seem to be on par with geforce.com OPS but just maybe a little lower in som games, due to my CPU probably, ofcourse these are the stock 570 so I was wondering...

Everything is at 1920 X 1080 res, I assume not much different than 1920 X 1200

Crysis 2, DX11, High Res TEX

I ran the Adranaline Program Bench mark for Crysis 2 and with everything maxed on the Times Square map, I got an average of around 46 fps and a min of 17 fps...during SP gameplay with the Ultra settings, High RES tex, and DX11 I get probly an avg of 35 but can go into the 40s and 50s, but has gone in the high 20s during really demanding sequences but usually in the high 30s or 40s...geforce.com says 35 avg. FPS with the same settings...

Mafia II

Everything maxed, AA is maxed, and High Physx running the benchmark I get 29 avg fps, geforce.com says 31, not much different but again I have a 570 2.5g, if I turn Physx off I get like 59 or 60 fps during the bench, but ofcourse during the actual game I saw it go as high as + 100 everthing maxed Physx off, but usually around +60 fps consistent

Bad Company 2

Everyting maxed, HBAO on, 32x AA, 16x AF I get well over 60 fps consistent but I have seen it dip into the high 40s, geforce.com says 60 fps with those settings, but that is at 1920 x 1200, aso I think they have 16x AA, I usually use the highest AA, with HBAO off it is always higher than 60 fps usually like in the 80s have seen it as high as 120 in some places, but overall seems to run like butter...

Crysis 1 and Warhead ...

THis is where I get the real issue...I think geforce.com says 39 fps avg. with everything maxed but 8X AA..now I have 16q X AA, but I put shadows and shading at high, with everything very high...now I get good fps usually higher than 30 and in the 40s and 50s, sometimes the 60s or higher, but I was surprised that I got in the high 20s during really heavy firefights, so I ask is this right with my setup...

anyways that is just a few examples of taxing games, so I was just wondering if this was correct, and if I was getting the performance I should be getting, any help or advice will help...

I am changing MB soon to an AM3+ for a Bulldozer, but will upgrade to a PII X 6 1100t to hold me over, I don't know how much extra perfomance this will give me....

thank you...

Posted 07/25/2011 05:16 AM   
The 'base system' in the Geforce.com OPS settings is an i7 920 / 940. Quite a bit better than the AMD 945 X4.

having 2x the memory gives you abosultely no performance boost. it just means you are less likely to exceed the max memory, which can cause massive slow downs.
The 'base system' in the Geforce.com OPS settings is an i7 920 / 940. Quite a bit better than the AMD 945 X4.

having 2x the memory gives you abosultely no performance boost. it just means you are less likely to exceed the max memory, which can cause massive slow downs.
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='25 July 2011 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1311577256' post='1270159']

[/quote]

Ofcourse I understand that i7 is definitely better than my Phenom, however considering that I am on par, maybe a bit less, and in some cases better than geforce.com OPS for my games, I am assuming that I am getting the performance I should be getting...

Also at 1920 X 1080 res with max AA, the GPU does most of the work, so CPU does not come in to play that much...unless you have some sub 3ghz dual core, ofcourse in certain games like Mafia II and the orig. Crysis, a better CPU will give better performance, but its not by much....

However, even the OPS settings can be misleading and under what should be expected...thats why I am writing this thread...I just want some opinions on what I should be getting and some similar scenarios with 570s if anybody has some...I mean I can play my games maxed at very playable settings....

But I just want to see if I am on par with Im getting and if changing MB and CPU is really necessary at this time....I mean Im definitely changing Mobo to AM3+, but I wonder if waiting or getting a PII x6 now is worth it?
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='25 July 2011 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1311577256' post='1270159']

Ofcourse I understand that i7 is definitely better than my Phenom, however considering that I am on par, maybe a bit less, and in some cases better than geforce.com OPS for my games, I am assuming that I am getting the performance I should be getting...

Also at 1920 X 1080 res with max AA, the GPU does most of the work, so CPU does not come in to play that much...unless you have some sub 3ghz dual core, ofcourse in certain games like Mafia II and the orig. Crysis, a better CPU will give better performance, but its not by much....

However, even the OPS settings can be misleading and under what should be expected...thats why I am writing this thread...I just want some opinions on what I should be getting and some similar scenarios with 570s if anybody has some...I mean I can play my games maxed at very playable settings....

But I just want to see if I am on par with Im getting and if changing MB and CPU is really necessary at this time....I mean Im definitely changing Mobo to AM3+, but I wonder if waiting or getting a PII x6 now is worth it?

Posted 07/25/2011 09:13 AM   
[quote name='zeekancient' date='25 July 2011 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1311585221' post='1270212']
[/quote]

If you are looking for an upgrade, don't get an X6 at present. Wait for Bulldozer.

Your setup would look to be right on par. if you want, you could always try 3Dmark Vantage / 11 - which automatically compares your results with similar systems (Same CPU and GPU) to judge where you stand on the performance totem.

[quote name='zeekancient' date='25 July 2011 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1311585221' post='1270212']

If you are looking for an upgrade, don't get an X6 at present. Wait for Bulldozer.

Your setup would look to be right on par. if you want, you could always try 3Dmark Vantage / 11 - which automatically compares your results with similar systems (Same CPU and GPU) to judge where you stand on the performance totem.

Scroll To Top