GTX560, VGA and HDMI Need help!
Hello

I got a gtx 560 twin frozr in a hand and 2 monitors on other. The graphics card does not have HDMI or VGA outputs but only DVI and "mini" HDMI, however, on my monitors there are only HDMI, VGA and SCART sockets. The only monitor that is Full HD has only a VGA socket.

Question is; would it reduce the quality of graphics in game at all? Cause more delays when changing resolutions or anything alike?

Thanks in advance.

Custos
Hello

I got a gtx 560 twin frozr in a hand and 2 monitors on other. The graphics card does not have HDMI or VGA outputs but only DVI and "mini" HDMI, however, on my monitors there are only HDMI, VGA and SCART sockets. The only monitor that is Full HD has only a VGA socket.

Question is; would it reduce the quality of graphics in game at all? Cause more delays when changing resolutions or anything alike?

Thanks in advance.

Custos

Posted 07/21/2011 09:16 PM   
No. There is basically no difference on the screen itself when using different types of connectors, only in the way the data is transmitted.
Thank you for your answer, but forgive my uneasiness, in case I wasn't clear on what I meant (English is not my first language and I tend to get distracted easily),

an example is; I have a Playstation 2 and I was able to use it on my old monitor with a RCA to SCART adapter cable. But in the end the graphics were not PS2 at all, in some games could barely read what was written and there were very little horizontal gaps.

Even if this wouldn't be the case with DVI->VGA cable, I still want to know, if there is no change in quality, no problems with screen refresh rates, no "little bad stuff" at all, or whatever change there is, if I used a pure DVI cable with a monitor of DVI entrance, instead of a monitor with VGA entrance, both being Full HD monitors.

Call me a perfectionist if you want, and forgive me for asking more info and ensuring.

Thanks in advance again.
Thank you for your answer, but forgive my uneasiness, in case I wasn't clear on what I meant (English is not my first language and I tend to get distracted easily),

an example is; I have a Playstation 2 and I was able to use it on my old monitor with a RCA to SCART adapter cable. But in the end the graphics were not PS2 at all, in some games could barely read what was written and there were very little horizontal gaps.

Even if this wouldn't be the case with DVI->VGA cable, I still want to know, if there is no change in quality, no problems with screen refresh rates, no "little bad stuff" at all, or whatever change there is, if I used a pure DVI cable with a monitor of DVI entrance, instead of a monitor with VGA entrance, both being Full HD monitors.

Call me a perfectionist if you want, and forgive me for asking more info and ensuring.

Thanks in advance again.

Posted 07/21/2011 11:13 PM   
I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter and I dont see any decrease in image quality at all, and I game in Full HD too
I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter and I dont see any decrease in image quality at all, and I game in Full HD too

Upgraded Acer Aspire M5711

CPU: Q9550 @ 2.8 GHz PSU: OCZ StealthXStream II 600W

RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR2 @ 800 MHz Mobo: nVidia nForce 720i

Case: Stock :P GFX: Inno3d GTX 560 @ 810/1620/2004

LG Flatron M227WDP 22" Full HD Monitor

Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition

***Currently playing: Battlefield 3 ; Skyrim***

Posted 07/21/2011 11:48 PM   
I bought a DVI-Vga adaptor cable with gold plated sockets. It was terrible, there were shade marks to the right side of everything and there was a very minor static. Then very luckily with a coincidence I found the actual adapter that came with the gpu itself (don't ask!). Worked like a charm, maybe I don't get the benefits of DVI but at least I can use my video card with a perfectly fine VGA transmission.

So if anyone comes across this topic with the need of these adapters, don't get a cable with a brand name unheard of.
I bought a DVI-Vga adaptor cable with gold plated sockets. It was terrible, there were shade marks to the right side of everything and there was a very minor static. Then very luckily with a coincidence I found the actual adapter that came with the gpu itself (don't ask!). Worked like a charm, maybe I don't get the benefits of DVI but at least I can use my video card with a perfectly fine VGA transmission.

So if anyone comes across this topic with the need of these adapters, don't get a cable with a brand name unheard of.

Posted 07/23/2011 01:40 AM   
Scroll To Top