GeForce 7400 Go Driver for Sony VAIO Sony VAIO SZ series GeForce 7400 Go
Dear Friends,

I am currently in need of help regarding how to install the driver for a Sony VAIO SZ series laptop which contains an NVIDIA GeForce 7400 Go for Windows 7. My bundled software was a Windows Vista originally. I had a problem with the batteries and asked my dad if he can get me a another battery which he did and I decided to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate. Windows 7 didn't recognize the hardware and I went to the NVIDIA site and downloaded the 179.48 beta installer which didn't work. Upon installation it would continue and a window pops out saying: "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any driver that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." and thus I was not able to install it. Upon experimenting, I tried the Vista driver which eventually worked. But now I had gotten a Starcraft 2 game which prompted me to update my driver for it does not support my current one.

Any help would do. Please feel free to relocate this thread for I could not see any thread to put my inquiry. Many thanks and God bless.
Dear Friends,

I am currently in need of help regarding how to install the driver for a Sony VAIO SZ series laptop which contains an NVIDIA GeForce 7400 Go for Windows 7. My bundled software was a Windows Vista originally. I had a problem with the batteries and asked my dad if he can get me a another battery which he did and I decided to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate. Windows 7 didn't recognize the hardware and I went to the NVIDIA site and downloaded the 179.48 beta installer which didn't work. Upon installation it would continue and a window pops out saying: "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any driver that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." and thus I was not able to install it. Upon experimenting, I tried the Vista driver which eventually worked. But now I had gotten a Starcraft 2 game which prompted me to update my driver for it does not support my current one.

Any help would do. Please feel free to relocate this thread for I could not see any thread to put my inquiry. Many thanks and God bless.

Posted 07/20/2011 03:50 PM   
Scroll To Top