No GPU Activity
Hey,

I bought a new laptop about a month ago. Has a 540M. Now there's this little notification that always reads "NONE" when listing applications that are using the GPU. No games ever use it, apparently. Even if in the control panel they're put down to use the high performance graphics processor. When I start up the game, I get massive framerate issues. Even on Minecraft and games from 5-7 years ago.

Apparently this laptop has NVIDIA's Optimus on it, but that doesn't seem to be doing it's job properly. And the problem is definitely not how much RAM I have or my processor. The problem is that NVIDIA's GPU is doing absolutely nothing. Can someone help me out here?
Hey,

I bought a new laptop about a month ago. Has a 540M. Now there's this little notification that always reads "NONE" when listing applications that are using the GPU. No games ever use it, apparently. Even if in the control panel they're put down to use the high performance graphics processor. When I start up the game, I get massive framerate issues. Even on Minecraft and games from 5-7 years ago.

Apparently this laptop has NVIDIA's Optimus on it, but that doesn't seem to be doing it's job properly. And the problem is definitely not how much RAM I have or my processor. The problem is that NVIDIA's GPU is doing absolutely nothing. Can someone help me out here?

Posted 07/07/2011 03:29 PM   
Scroll To Top