Need help for NVIDIA driver 275.33 and Adobe Flash Player Applications Problems for Flash Player App
To the administrators or anyone who can help,

i am a freelance artist that specializes in Adobe Flash art, and animation, which includes flash animations (swf) and videos (mpeg etc.). I am requesting for help on a prickly issue involving the latest NVIDIA graphics driver ver. 275.33 and Adobe Flash player applications.

*Summary*

The problem started after i updated my 5-month HP 8540p notebook's graphic driver for its NVIDIA NVS 5100m card recently. Windows identified 275.33 as the update and i did so as recommended. The problem started after i have installed the driver. The problems i have encountered so far include -

- The screen would freeze and go black, before recovering. The message below occurs.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 275.33 stopped responding"

- The whole computer would freeze, and would not respond. Only by force-shutting down and rebooting does the computer work again.
- The computer crashes, resulting in a Blue Screen Of Death. (BSOD)

After i checked through the problems, i found that the causes of the driver going haywire were -

- Adobe flash player applications that include
- Flash web players such as youtube, Veoh
- Flash applications such as Sitback
- Websites with Flash elements (including NVIDIA's homepage)
- Flash videos played on Adobe Flash Player (FLV format)

I came to this conclusion after trying out the above-mentioned causes with the standard Windows VGA driver, and the computer ran fine. It is only after installing the NVIDIA driver did the problems returned, so the root problem is the driver.

* Computer Specs *

Notebook - HP Elitebook 8540p

OS - Windows 7 Ulimate 64-bit

Central Processor - Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73 GHz

Graphics Card - NVIDIA NVS 5100M

NVIDIA Driver - 8.17.12.7533

Graphics Driver - 275.33

Memory - 4.00GB

Adobe Flash Player - 10.3.181.34

* To re-produce the problems *

- Run a youtube video for an extended period

- Run a VEOH video for an extended period

- Open a website with flash elements (i.e. Deviantart, NVIDIA)

* Plea *

Due to the above problems, i am unable to work properly and as such i am considering to buy another machine fitted with an ATI graphics card as the interruptions and problems are too severe. I have been a loyal NVIDIA customer for 7 years, so i do hope NVIDIA will come up with a driver solution for these driver problems related with Adobe Flash Player.

If anyone has a work-around for the problem or a previous stable NVIDIA driver that i can rollback to, please let me know.

Sincerely,

EVOVI
To the administrators or anyone who can help,

i am a freelance artist that specializes in Adobe Flash art, and animation, which includes flash animations (swf) and videos (mpeg etc.). I am requesting for help on a prickly issue involving the latest NVIDIA graphics driver ver. 275.33 and Adobe Flash player applications.

*Summary*

The problem started after i updated my 5-month HP 8540p notebook's graphic driver for its NVIDIA NVS 5100m card recently. Windows identified 275.33 as the update and i did so as recommended. The problem started after i have installed the driver. The problems i have encountered so far include -

- The screen would freeze and go black, before recovering. The message below occurs.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 275.33 stopped responding"

- The whole computer would freeze, and would not respond. Only by force-shutting down and rebooting does the computer work again.

- The computer crashes, resulting in a Blue Screen Of Death. (BSOD)

After i checked through the problems, i found that the causes of the driver going haywire were -

- Adobe flash player applications that include

- Flash web players such as youtube, Veoh

- Flash applications such as Sitback

- Websites with Flash elements (including NVIDIA's homepage)

- Flash videos played on Adobe Flash Player (FLV format)

I came to this conclusion after trying out the above-mentioned causes with the standard Windows VGA driver, and the computer ran fine. It is only after installing the NVIDIA driver did the problems returned, so the root problem is the driver.

* Computer Specs *

Notebook - HP Elitebook 8540p

OS - Windows 7 Ulimate 64-bit

Central Processor - Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73 GHz

Graphics Card - NVIDIA NVS 5100M

NVIDIA Driver - 8.17.12.7533

Graphics Driver - 275.33

Memory - 4.00GB

Adobe Flash Player - 10.3.181.34

* To re-produce the problems *

- Run a youtube video for an extended period

- Run a VEOH video for an extended period

- Open a website with flash elements (i.e. Deviantart, NVIDIA)

* Plea *

Due to the above problems, i am unable to work properly and as such i am considering to buy another machine fitted with an ATI graphics card as the interruptions and problems are too severe. I have been a loyal NVIDIA customer for 7 years, so i do hope NVIDIA will come up with a driver solution for these driver problems related with Adobe Flash Player.

If anyone has a work-around for the problem or a previous stable NVIDIA driver that i can rollback to, please let me know.

Sincerely,

EVOVI

Posted 07/02/2011 08:52 AM   
Great detailed post.

Many people have this problem. Our friend TheShadowRunner says driver 266.58 is good (at least for Win XP).
Great detailed post.

Many people have this problem. Our friend TheShadowRunner says driver 266.58 is good (at least for Win XP).

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 07/02/2011 07:10 PM   
Hi EVOVI,

Not sure if you have seen my reply to you in [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=201821&view=findpost&p=1259374"]another thread[/url]. If you haven't, try downloading [url="http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/notebook-win7-winvista-258.96-whql-driver-uk.html"]Verde v258.96[/url] (for notebooks), uninstalling your current version, and then installing v258.96 instead.

Hope this helps.
Hi EVOVI,

Not sure if you have seen my reply to you in another thread. If you haven't, try downloading Verde v258.96 (for notebooks), uninstalling your current version, and then installing v258.96 instead.

Hope this helps.

GPU: nVidia GeForce 9600GT Green Edition (Sparkle SX96GT512D3G-VP)

Monitor: NEC MultiSync LCD1990SX

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (S939 Toledo)

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

RAM: 4GB DDR PC3200

Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

Posted 07/05/2011 03:19 AM   
hmm i can say that version 266 is more stable that the new 275.73 because after i instaled the lasted driver my pc started to restart wend i watch a video on youtube or play some games i only had 1 Blue Screen Of Death. (BSOD) and like 20 restarts with no warning.

I use Windows XP

nvidia geforce 9600 gt video card

4 gb ram corsair 800 mhz

amd athlon x2 64 6000+
hmm i can say that version 266 is more stable that the new 275.73 because after i instaled the lasted driver my pc started to restart wend i watch a video on youtube or play some games i only had 1 Blue Screen Of Death. (BSOD) and like 20 restarts with no warning.

I use Windows XP

nvidia geforce 9600 gt video card

4 gb ram corsair 800 mhz

amd athlon x2 64 6000+

Posted 07/11/2011 12:17 PM   
Scroll To Top