GeForce GTX 560 not working with Wacom Cintiq 21UX As described
Hello-
I just built a new computer to replace my 6 year old computer. I have a Cintiq 21UX. A SUPERMICRO X8DAi motherboard.

I am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560. It doesn't recognize the Cintiq as a DVI connection. I have tried the adapter that came with the Cintiq (dvi-l to dvi-d), but still no luck, it only comes up occasionally and only with one color. When I go to the Nvidia control panel it reads that the Cintiq is a generic plug n play monitor, reading it as VGA connection.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a workaround? Attached is a screencap, it seems to be a problem in the video card because the screencap shows a monitor that is fine (trust me it isn't).

This is really unbelievable. I fixed this same problem years ago with a difference Nvidia card. Has no one there corrected the mistake!?

I will return this card for an ATI card soon, does anyone know of any help? I have tried everything on [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=155490"]THIS[/url] page, including the adapter as well as the earlier drivers (they do not load).

Thanks
Matt Chapman
Hello-

I just built a new computer to replace my 6 year old computer. I have a Cintiq 21UX. A SUPERMICRO X8DAi motherboard.

I am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560. It doesn't recognize the Cintiq as a DVI connection. I have tried the adapter that came with the Cintiq (dvi-l to dvi-d), but still no luck, it only comes up occasionally and only with one color. When I go to the Nvidia control panel it reads that the Cintiq is a generic plug n play monitor, reading it as VGA connection.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a workaround? Attached is a screencap, it seems to be a problem in the video card because the screencap shows a monitor that is fine (trust me it isn't).

This is really unbelievable. I fixed this same problem years ago with a difference Nvidia card. Has no one there corrected the mistake!?

I will return this card for an ATI card soon, does anyone know of any help? I have tried everything on THIS page, including the adapter as well as the earlier drivers (they do not load).

Thanks

Matt Chapman
Attachments

screencap.jpg

Posted 06/29/2011 06:10 PM   
Try using 270.61 drivers they seem to work best with 560ti gtx:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=342931

Go to safe mode and install just only the graphics driver from there.

Then have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Wacom for your device?

But it could also be the adapter you are using. Nvidia is reading that as an dvi to vga adapter rather what you want it for. One option you can try(may seem too much) is get a hdmi to dvi adapter and plug it in the hdmi port and see if that works.
Try using 270.61 drivers they seem to work best with 560ti gtx:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=342931

Go to safe mode and install just only the graphics driver from there.

Then have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Wacom for your device?

But it could also be the adapter you are using. Nvidia is reading that as an dvi to vga adapter rather what you want it for. One option you can try(may seem too much) is get a hdmi to dvi adapter and plug it in the hdmi port and see if that works.

Posted 06/30/2011 04:58 AM   
Scroll To Top