Cannot set monitor as primary display
Hello everyone,

I have a EVGA 470 GTX with an ASUS 24" monitor connected to the outer most DVI port, and a sony LCD TV connected via the mini hdmi port. For some reason, in the nvidia control panel the TV is being set as display 1. I am able to change my monitor to the primary display, but it still remains labeled as display 2. Now, when I don't need to be using my TV as a secondary display, I simply hit windows key + p to switch it off. The problem, however, is that when I choose the computer only option, it shuts down my monitor (primary display), and keeps my TV as the computer only display. I'm running windows 7 x64 and have the newest drivers (275.33).

Here is a link to my video card: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-012-P3-1470-AR/dp/B003EEMFTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1309223458&sr=8-1

Does anyone have any idea how I can make it so that choosing computer only keeps my monitor on and cuts the signal for the TV?

-Ryan
Hello everyone,

I have a EVGA 470 GTX with an ASUS 24" monitor connected to the outer most DVI port, and a sony LCD TV connected via the mini hdmi port. For some reason, in the nvidia control panel the TV is being set as display 1. I am able to change my monitor to the primary display, but it still remains labeled as display 2. Now, when I don't need to be using my TV as a secondary display, I simply hit windows key + p to switch it off. The problem, however, is that when I choose the computer only option, it shuts down my monitor (primary display), and keeps my TV as the computer only display. I'm running windows 7 x64 and have the newest drivers (275.33).

Here is a link to my video card: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-012-P3-1470-AR/dp/B003EEMFTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1309223458&sr=8-1

Does anyone have any idea how I can make it so that choosing computer only keeps my monitor on and cuts the signal for the TV?

-Ryan

Posted 06/28/2011 01:17 AM   
Really? Anyone??
Really? Anyone??

Posted 06/29/2011 10:30 PM   
Scroll To Top