Installing Latest ION 2 Drivers on Acer Revo
Acer support is very 7/10.

Frustrated by the out of date driver on the Acer website for my RL100 I figured out how to modify the latest nVidia driver (275.33 at the time of writing this) so it would install okay without the "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue - This graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware" error message.

Here's how:

[list]

[*]Download latest driver and attempt to install (this will unpack the driver)
[*]After the driver install fails find the nvae.inf file in the unpacked files (there will be lots of .inf files in the folder)
[*]Add the following lines to the following sections:
[/list]
[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] [i][b](Find this section)[/b][/i]
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A6F.01% = Section002, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6F [i][b](Insert this line as the first line)[/b][/i]

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1] [i][b](Find this section)[/b][/i]
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A6F.01% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6F [i][b](Insert this line as the first line)[/b][/i]

[list]

[*]Re run the driver install from the unpacked files
[*]N.B. DON'T just run the installer package again as this will overwrite the changes you have made
[/list]
Finally, to complete the process, post something nice below 'cos I love to be appreciated!

P.S. You need the ION Desktop driver from the nVidia site, not the LE or notebook version.
Acer support is very 7/10.

Frustrated by the out of date driver on the Acer website for my RL100 I figured out how to modify the latest nVidia driver (275.33 at the time of writing this) so it would install okay without the "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue - This graphics driver can not find compatible graphics hardware" error message.

Here's how:

• Download latest driver and attempt to install (this will unpack the driver)
  • After the driver install fails find the nvae.inf file in the unpacked files (there will be lots of .inf files in the folder)
  • Add the following lines to the following sections:

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] (Find this section)

%NVIDIA_DEV.0A6F.01% = Section002, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6F (Insert this line as the first line)

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1] (Find this section)

%NVIDIA_DEV.0A6F.01% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6F (Insert this line as the first line)

• Re run the driver install from the unpacked files
  • N.B. DON'T just run the installer package again as this will overwrite the changes you have made

Finally, to complete the process, post something nice below 'cos I love to be appreciated!

P.S. You need the ION Desktop driver from the nVidia site, not the LE or notebook version.

Posted 06/24/2011 07:21 AM   
oh my god! I really thank you for your post! i don´t know how many time i wasted trying to install the updated drivers from nvidia. Boy, if i visit USA one time, i will get you a beer!
oh my god! I really thank you for your post! i don´t know how many time i wasted trying to install the updated drivers from nvidia. Boy, if i visit USA one time, i will get you a beer!

Posted 09/14/2011 12:19 AM   
Scroll To Top