Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered, Display driver Nvidia kernel mode driver He
Hi, everytime I was playing fallout new vegas and it had a small lag the driver would crash and the game would close, but I found a permanent fix for this and it never crashed anymore, theres nothing to do with incompatible or corrupted display driver or all that bullcrap, atleast not in my case, heres how to fix it:
Go to start, type redegit and open it, then go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{5CB74DD9- 72C4-478E-A8F3-4850C48B0AE4}/0000 (In the Video folder you must have 6 folders with big names like this i'ts not important if the name is different from this one) to find the right one, open the 0000 folder that contains more files(the number of files is really bigger then the other ones) in that folder you must create 4 files.
If you have 32 bit windows create 32 bit REG_DWORD, If you have 64 bit than Create 64 bit REG_QWORD:

1- PerfLevelSrc With Value 3322
2- PowerMizerEnable With value 0
3- PowermizerLevel With Value 1
4- PowermizerLevelAC With Value 1

That's it, I hope it helps you to fix the problem.
Hi, everytime I was playing fallout new vegas and it had a small lag the driver would crash and the game would close, but I found a permanent fix for this and it never crashed anymore, theres nothing to do with incompatible or corrupted display driver or all that bullcrap, atleast not in my case, heres how to fix it:

Go to start, type redegit and open it, then go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{5CB74DD9- 72C4-478E-A8F3-4850C48B0AE4}/0000 (In the Video folder you must have 6 folders with big names like this i'ts not important if the name is different from this one) to find the right one, open the 0000 folder that contains more files(the number of files is really bigger then the other ones) in that folder you must create 4 files.

If you have 32 bit windows create 32 bit REG_DWORD, If you have 64 bit than Create 64 bit REG_QWORD:

Posted 06/17/2011 10:45 PM   
These tweaks are already supported by the latest drivers, so there is nothing for NVIDIA to add. It's up to you. These values do not belong on all platforms. For example with notebooks it will waste battery power.
These tweaks are already supported by the latest drivers, so there is nothing for NVIDIA to add. It's up to you. These values do not belong on all platforms. For example with notebooks it will waste battery power.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 06/18/2011 12:35 AM   
[quote name='nvtweakman' date='18 June 2011 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1308357355' post='1253244']
[/quote]
Well, I have the latest drivers for gtx 285 and it didn't fixed my problem, I had to do this manualy, so I dont think it is already supported by those drivers, and for notebooks its better waste battery power then not being able to play a game.
[quote name='nvtweakman' date='18 June 2011 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1308357355' post='1253244']

Well, I have the latest drivers for gtx 285 and it didn't fixed my problem, I had to do this manualy, so I dont think it is already supported by those drivers, and for notebooks its better waste battery power then not being able to play a game.

Posted 06/18/2011 07:40 PM   
sounds like an unstable hardware configuration to me.
sounds like an unstable hardware configuration to me.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 06/20/2011 10:23 PM   
[quote name='rubens456' date='18 June 2011 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1308426019' post='1253534']
I dont think it is already supported by those drivers
[/quote]

The latest drivers support these tweaks, I'm sure of it. "It's up to you" means it's up to you to add the tweaks manually. NVIDIA is not going to force 3D performance level in the drivers, it's up to you.
[quote name='rubens456' date='18 June 2011 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1308426019' post='1253534']

I dont think it is already supported by those drivers

The latest drivers support these tweaks, I'm sure of it. "It's up to you" means it's up to you to add the tweaks manually. NVIDIA is not going to force 3D performance level in the drivers, it's up to you.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 06/21/2011 12:36 AM   
@rubens456

Does this only happen to you only when you start a video application/game? I have a similar issue with the newest drive from 275.33 with my gtx 295 card. I did reinstall the drive and still same problem, however, the issue doesn't stop me from playing any game, because once the error came up everything will run fine.

Normal usage of the desktop application work/paint etc will not trigger the error, but as soon as I open up a video, a game or just a video from the browser. I immediately get the error message, but anything I do after that I would be not get the error again.
@rubens456

Does this only happen to you only when you start a video application/game? I have a similar issue with the newest drive from 275.33 with my gtx 295 card. I did reinstall the drive and still same problem, however, the issue doesn't stop me from playing any game, because once the error came up everything will run fine.

Normal usage of the desktop application work/paint etc will not trigger the error, but as soon as I open up a video, a game or just a video from the browser. I immediately get the error message, but anything I do after that I would be not get the error again.

Posted 06/21/2011 07:26 PM   
THIS WORKS!!!

FYI: 3322 is HEX.

I signed up for these forums just to thank you for this post. Wow. I love Fallout New Vegas and now it works without crashing!!

My card: GTX 285.

[quote name='rubens456' date='17 June 2011 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1308350701' post='1253196']

[/quote]
THIS WORKS!!!

FYI: 3322 is HEX.

I signed up for these forums just to thank you for this post. Wow. I love Fallout New Vegas and now it works without crashing!!

My card: GTX 285.

[quote name='rubens456' date='17 June 2011 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1308350701' post='1253196']

Posted 09/28/2011 07:37 AM   
Does this fix the driver stopping responding and recovering on windows 7?? these new beta drivers have EPIC FPS but im getting the TDR crash problem? Anyone confirm? on the bf3 beta drivers. gtx 550ti The firefox crash
Does this fix the driver stopping responding and recovering on windows 7?? these new beta drivers have EPIC FPS but im getting the TDR crash problem? Anyone confirm? on the bf3 beta drivers. gtx 550ti The firefox crash

EVGA GTX 550TI Factory OC (952MHZ)

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHZ

ASUS p8z68-v pro

8 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ CORSAIR RAM

ACER 23 Inch

WIN 7 64 bit

Onboard Realtek HD audio.

Posted 09/28/2011 03:09 PM   
Scroll To Top