New Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS Video Card- Help!
I recently got a new Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB Video Card with CD driver and video card, my PC is a Dell Inspiron i537 Desktop Windows XP. There are two DVI and D-Sub Ports on the end of the video card, and my current display adapter is the Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset which I was told to just remove in remove programs in Control Panel before installing the new video card. I would like to know if I have to buy cables to connect the ports to my monitor or somewhere in my PC engine, the video card is a low profile and fanless so I don't think there is any need to connect it to an external power source but I still worry about those two ports.

Product link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187100

Do I need cables for both ports or just the DVI-I one? Are the cables suppose to be to VGA? Do I connect the cables from the video card ports all the way to the monitor from the PC engine, or just from the video card ports to the PC engine ports that will connect to the monitor?
I recently got a new Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB Video Card with CD driver and video card, my PC is a Dell Inspiron i537 Desktop Windows XP. There are two DVI and D-Sub Ports on the end of the video card, and my current display adapter is the Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset which I was told to just remove in remove programs in Control Panel before installing the new video card. I would like to know if I have to buy cables to connect the ports to my monitor or somewhere in my PC engine, the video card is a low profile and fanless so I don't think there is any need to connect it to an external power source but I still worry about those two ports.

Do I need cables for both ports or just the DVI-I one? Are the cables suppose to be to VGA? Do I connect the cables from the video card ports all the way to the monitor from the PC engine, or just from the video card ports to the PC engine ports that will connect to the monitor?

Posted 06/14/2011 02:33 AM   

Posted 06/14/2011 02:33 AM   
Disable the onboard video in the BIOS

Posted 06/14/2011 04:06 PM   

Posted 06/14/2011 04:06 PM   
Scroll To Top