GeForce GT 555M optimus and driver update problem.
  1 / 3    
I posted this thread under different forum, but perhaps I can get better advice here:

I recently purchased my new notebook (Lenovo Y570) which comes with OPTIMUS integrated Intel graphic card coupled by GeForce GT 555M 1GB CUDA. I tried to play game Shogun 2; however for some reason I am not able to start the game in direct x11 only in Dx 10 and in game options show, that my Intel HD card is being used as a default graphic card. This suggests that OPTIMUS technology is not switching the graphic card properly. I tried to change the setting in windows using Nvidia control panel settings and tried to set the option to use "High performance Nvidia" only but the problem remained.

So I thought of updating my drivers to the latest version published on nvidia website (version 275.33). However when I downloaded the file after starting the instalation when the setup is checking for Nvidia hardware I always get the error message that no compatible Nvidia hardware has been found.

I wonder what is the problem and why I cant update my drivers. Is it because for some reason my default computer card is set to be the Intel HD card? But shouldnt be Nvidia setup "smart" enough to detect also my GF 555m? All useful help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
I posted this thread under different forum, but perhaps I can get better advice here:

I recently purchased my new notebook (Lenovo Y570) which comes with OPTIMUS integrated Intel graphic card coupled by GeForce GT 555M 1GB CUDA. I tried to play game Shogun 2; however for some reason I am not able to start the game in direct x11 only in Dx 10 and in game options show, that my Intel HD card is being used as a default graphic card. This suggests that OPTIMUS technology is not switching the graphic card properly. I tried to change the setting in windows using Nvidia control panel settings and tried to set the option to use "High performance Nvidia" only but the problem remained.

So I thought of updating my drivers to the latest version published on nvidia website (version 275.33). However when I downloaded the file after starting the instalation when the setup is checking for Nvidia hardware I always get the error message that no compatible Nvidia hardware has been found.

I wonder what is the problem and why I cant update my drivers. Is it because for some reason my default computer card is set to be the Intel HD card? But shouldnt be Nvidia setup "smart" enough to detect also my GF 555m? All useful help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted 06/13/2011 02:07 AM   
Browsing this forum for answers on my 555M Optimus problems (stuck on integrated GPU, will not use 555M no matter what I do) it appears that NVidia is turning a deaf ear to all of us. Most of the queries have no replies from either users or moderators.Has Nvidia given up and we are all stuck with a card that costs hundreds of $$$ and does not work?
Browsing this forum for answers on my 555M Optimus problems (stuck on integrated GPU, will not use 555M no matter what I do) it appears that NVidia is turning a deaf ear to all of us. Most of the queries have no replies from either users or moderators.Has Nvidia given up and we are all stuck with a card that costs hundreds of $$$ and does not work?

Posted 06/28/2011 07:33 PM   
Maybe this will work for you, good luck

OK, although Windows said I had the best driver, and the NVidia website driver scanner said I had the best driver, I downloaded the Verde driver 8.17.12.7533, a very large file, and now everything is OK. Button works, 3d Mark scores tripled, and Optimus seems to be working.

Drivers may be the secret but it is hard to know which to grab. Everything said I was up to date, it reported the sam edriver version, but only the full install package worked

http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ql-driver.html

It should not be this hard, and the NVidia forums were no help
Maybe this will work for you, good luck

OK, although Windows said I had the best driver, and the NVidia website driver scanner said I had the best driver, I downloaded the Verde driver 8.17.12.7533, a very large file, and now everything is OK. Button works, 3d Mark scores tripled, and Optimus seems to be working.

Drivers may be the secret but it is hard to know which to grab. Everything said I was up to date, it reported the sam edriver version, but only the full install package worked

http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ql-driver.html

It should not be this hard, and the NVidia forums were no help

Posted 06/29/2011 04:14 AM   
Hello everyone,

Just like the first guy I have bought a Lenovo y570 with NVIDIA GeForce 555M Optimus.

I have a mature problem that concerns playing video games. Almost every game i try to launch on high video setting does not allow me ( Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 ), for example because it always chooses my Intel Graphic Card as a default one.

Search the entire forum for drivers that match my video card, but all of them do not support it ( got an message that no grapic matches when try to install the drivers for the card ).

I am beging if someone has a solution to my problem to respond here in this threat.

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Hello everyone,

Just like the first guy I have bought a Lenovo y570 with NVIDIA GeForce 555M Optimus.

I have a mature problem that concerns playing video games. Almost every game i try to launch on high video setting does not allow me ( Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 ), for example because it always chooses my Intel Graphic Card as a default one.

Search the entire forum for drivers that match my video card, but all of them do not support it ( got an message that no grapic matches when try to install the drivers for the card ).

I am beging if someone has a solution to my problem to respond here in this threat.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Posted 08/05/2011 10:17 PM   
[quote name='akhena10' date='05 August 2011 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1312582634' post='1275432']
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance,
Regards
[/quote]

PLEASE !!! Is anyone from the forum managers or NVIDIA team bother to read this and offer a solution please
[quote name='akhena10' date='05 August 2011 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1312582634' post='1275432']

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Regards

PLEASE !!! Is anyone from the forum managers or NVIDIA team bother to read this and offer a solution please

Posted 08/07/2011 04:49 PM   
Download Nvidia Inspector. It might help.

This is a movie which shows how to use Nvidia inspector to get Half-Life 1 running with the nvidia GPU (it was earlier forced to use the intergrated HD graphics).
Perhaps it will be able to help you run your games as it's supposed to, with the nvidia card. Have a look. The clip is in polish or something but you should be able to get the idea. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxuYnJBmduU

Ps. Thanks to Caday for this tip. I'm just passing the word.

This is a movie which shows how to use Nvidia inspector to get Half-Life 1 running with the nvidia GPU (it was earlier forced to use the intergrated HD graphics).

Perhaps it will be able to help you run your games as it's supposed to, with the nvidia card. Have a look. The clip is in polish or something but you should be able to get the idea. :)

/>

Posted 08/08/2011 09:15 PM   
[quote name='nilsson' date='08 August 2011 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1312838110' post='1276765']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxuYnJBmduU

[/quote]

Can you please explain how can I tell if a certain application is using the Nvidia or the default Motherboard graphic card?
I am also not sure how you select a certain application in the Nvidia inspector - in the list of applications I do not see the extact application wich is installed on my laptop - it shows the general group (Autodesk Autocad) - I did the changes as shows the movie but could not see any different when I ran the application afterword. Also not quite clear what parameters and what values should be set in order to force the use of nVidia card?
[quote name='nilsson' date='08 August 2011 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1312838110' post='1276765']

/>

Can you please explain how can I tell if a certain application is using the Nvidia or the default Motherboard graphic card?

I am also not sure how you select a certain application in the Nvidia inspector - in the list of applications I do not see the extact application wich is installed on my laptop - it shows the general group (Autodesk Autocad) - I did the changes as shows the movie but could not see any different when I ran the application afterword. Also not quite clear what parameters and what values should be set in order to force the use of nVidia card?

Posted 08/17/2011 07:45 PM   
Straight up i have been having the same problem with playonline for ffxi, and after getting really angry i went and downloaded 280.26 off the nvidia website and then went to laptopvideo2go.com to download the inf file so it would work on my M14X, and now my 555m is working like it should as far as i can tell, games are switching to it so, just a suggestion. 280.26 -> laptopvideo2go -> find .inf file for 280.26 -> run 280.26 it will probably say something about blah blah compatible, if not your gtg, if it does go to the file it unzipped - > display.driver -> replace nvwi.inf with the one from laptopvideo2go-> run the install file again. Everything mentioned is at your own risk, but it worked for me. And i signed up just so i could tell ppl that. /Peace
Straight up i have been having the same problem with playonline for ffxi, and after getting really angry i went and downloaded 280.26 off the nvidia website and then went to laptopvideo2go.com to download the inf file so it would work on my M14X, and now my 555m is working like it should as far as i can tell, games are switching to it so, just a suggestion. 280.26 -> laptopvideo2go -> find .inf file for 280.26 -> run 280.26 it will probably say something about blah blah compatible, if not your gtg, if it does go to the file it unzipped - > display.driver -> replace nvwi.inf with the one from laptopvideo2go-> run the install file again. Everything mentioned is at your own risk, but it worked for me. And i signed up just so i could tell ppl that. /Peace

Posted 08/22/2011 04:56 PM   
I was here to ask some questions, it seems I can response some before.

I get the same problem with my Alienware Mx11 when I tried to install new drivers.

What I did is = check on the device management (right clic on computer, device manager) and check the display cards. You should have only the Intel chipset available.
Now, uninstall the Intel card, Your display settings should be change to the basic ones. Click on hardware detection, Windows should found both of cards, Intel chipset and next the Nvidia card.

Now, you will be able to install the drivers card. But I can see further that you will have the same problem as me (if not, well your are lucky) You will be unable to switch from you intel card to the Nvidia one.

Why? because latest Nvidia Drivers for notebook doesn't got the Optimus technology active. My problem appear when I downloaded the latest drivers which doesn't got the Optimus technology inside. I'm actually using drivers from one year old because I'm unable to found correct drivers and because there is no explanation on the Nvidia website regarding this matter.

Is was my question, how can I know which Nvidia drivers got the Optimus technology?
I was here to ask some questions, it seems I can response some before.

I get the same problem with my Alienware Mx11 when I tried to install new drivers.

What I did is = check on the device management (right clic on computer, device manager) and check the display cards. You should have only the Intel chipset available.

Now, uninstall the Intel card, Your display settings should be change to the basic ones. Click on hardware detection, Windows should found both of cards, Intel chipset and next the Nvidia card.

Now, you will be able to install the drivers card. But I can see further that you will have the same problem as me (if not, well your are lucky) You will be unable to switch from you intel card to the Nvidia one.

Why? because latest Nvidia Drivers for notebook doesn't got the Optimus technology active. My problem appear when I downloaded the latest drivers which doesn't got the Optimus technology inside. I'm actually using drivers from one year old because I'm unable to found correct drivers and because there is no explanation on the Nvidia website regarding this matter.

Is was my question, how can I know which Nvidia drivers got the Optimus technology?

Posted 08/23/2011 08:30 AM   
I just signed in to reply...

I bought a laptop with a nVidia GT 555M. It straight up can't be used with any of the games I play with, including such games as Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, TF2, and any other popular game that's been released perhaps about a year ago or before.

I decided to buy an nVidia card after they sponsored a lot of starcraft matches, and figured hey, ATI doesn't seem to sponsor any, might as well show my support. If only nVidia would spend a fraction of their money actually fixing their graphics cards to actually WORK.

Needless to say after pulling an all nighter trying to get this to work with no success, I'm going to return my laptop and buy another Lenovo (it's not their fault) this time with an ATI card.

Furthermore, I'm friends with many gamers at my school, and I'm going to recommend to each and every one of them to avoid nVidia like the plague it is. Facebook, twitter, you name it. I'm going to make sure nobody buys from this disreputable company anymore until they get their act together.
I just signed in to reply...

I bought a laptop with a nVidia GT 555M. It straight up can't be used with any of the games I play with, including such games as Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, TF2, and any other popular game that's been released perhaps about a year ago or before.

I decided to buy an nVidia card after they sponsored a lot of starcraft matches, and figured hey, ATI doesn't seem to sponsor any, might as well show my support. If only nVidia would spend a fraction of their money actually fixing their graphics cards to actually WORK.

Needless to say after pulling an all nighter trying to get this to work with no success, I'm going to return my laptop and buy another Lenovo (it's not their fault) this time with an ATI card.

Furthermore, I'm friends with many gamers at my school, and I'm going to recommend to each and every one of them to avoid nVidia like the plague it is. Facebook, twitter, you name it. I'm going to make sure nobody buys from this disreputable company anymore until they get their act together.

Posted 10/22/2011 07:55 PM   
I purchased a Dell XPS 17 which was recieved yesterday,

Nvidia GT 555M 3GB version, dont seem to have the issues some of you are having i.e. not being able to run games as I am running World of Warcraft on Ultra settings at a good 30fps so it is obviously using the GT 555M card.

but as you I have tried to download the latest drivers - 285.62-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe (192mb) and get the same error that no hardware is found! this is a joke especially on a brand new system
I purchased a Dell XPS 17 which was recieved yesterday,

Nvidia GT 555M 3GB version, dont seem to have the issues some of you are having i.e. not being able to run games as I am running World of Warcraft on Ultra settings at a good 30fps so it is obviously using the GT 555M card.

but as you I have tried to download the latest drivers - 285.62-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe (192mb) and get the same error that no hardware is found! this is a joke especially on a brand new system

Posted 12/06/2011 07:54 AM   
i had the same problem , have a dell xps 17 with the geforce gt 555m and the one and only thig i can say about that piece of crap video chip is ****ing useless , getting sick of it, have my laptop now 1 week . had that same problem with the driver installation, dell could find the solution they send some one to put a new motherboard in my notebook. then the problem wos solved drivers could be updated and it runs smooth FOR ONLY 2 ****ING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now if my laptop use the geforce card its stuck and in have to reset the system so it can be run on the intel graphic card gettin real tired of this bull****
i had the same problem , have a dell xps 17 with the geforce gt 555m and the one and only thig i can say about that piece of crap video chip is ****ing useless , getting sick of it, have my laptop now 1 week . had that same problem with the driver installation, dell could find the solution they send some one to put a new motherboard in my notebook. then the problem wos solved drivers could be updated and it runs smooth FOR ONLY 2 ****ING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now if my laptop use the geforce card its stuck and in have to reset the system so it can be run on the intel graphic card gettin real tired of this bull****

Posted 12/09/2011 04:59 PM   
Ahoj!prosimte mam uplne stejny problem akorat u hry Battlefield3 .. Lenovo Y570 GT 555M 2G .. a nejde mi to normalne!kouše se to!uz jsi to nejak vyřesil..mohl by jsi mi prosim poradit..díky!

Hi ! ​​Please I have completely the problem with the game Battlefield3 .. Lenovo Y570,GT 555M 2G.. and is not normally me ! bites it! you already solved it somehow .. could you please advise me .. thanks !
Ahoj!prosimte mam uplne stejny problem akorat u hry Battlefield3 .. Lenovo Y570 GT 555M 2G .. a nejde mi to normalne!kouše se to!uz jsi to nejak vyřesil..mohl by jsi mi prosim poradit..díky!

Hi ! ​​Please I have completely the problem with the game Battlefield3 .. Lenovo Y570,GT 555M 2G.. and is not normally me ! bites it! you already solved it somehow .. could you please advise me .. thanks !

Posted 12/10/2011 07:18 PM   
I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 1702X with a GeForce GT555M 3GB, unable to update to any driver version other than the Dell supplied 269.59 (8.17.12.6959) ForceWare driver.

This driver has some stability issues with resuming Intel IGP after exiting games e.g. Batman: AA GOTY and Flatout: UC. Recently I have had nothing but grief with Sonic Generations to which no software method to force Nvidia to take over has worked - I have to disable the Intel IGP before playing via device manager to get it load and it will crash the Nvidia Control panel for the rest of the user session on game exit most of the time.

Updating the intel drivers is fine but it just causes further issues with the Nvidia driver.
I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 1702X with a GeForce GT555M 3GB, unable to update to any driver version other than the Dell supplied 269.59 (8.17.12.6959) ForceWare driver.

This driver has some stability issues with resuming Intel IGP after exiting games e.g. Batman: AA GOTY and Flatout: UC. Recently I have had nothing but grief with Sonic Generations to which no software method to force Nvidia to take over has worked - I have to disable the Intel IGP before playing via device manager to get it load and it will crash the Nvidia Control panel for the rest of the user session on game exit most of the time.

Updating the intel drivers is fine but it just causes further issues with the Nvidia driver.

Posted 12/12/2011 09:46 PM   
[quote name='Aergan' date='12 December 2011 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1323726381' post='1341388']

[/quote]

I am experiancing the same problem. I've been looking everywhere for a solution and I just can't seem to find one. It's quite agitating.
[quote name='Aergan' date='12 December 2011 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1323726381' post='1341388']

I am experiancing the same problem. I've been looking everywhere for a solution and I just can't seem to find one. It's quite agitating.

Posted 12/26/2011 04:37 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top