cant install GTX 460 on HP m9515y no problems on INTEL DQ45CB
ive tried several times but i get BSOD whenever i install the GTX 460 on my HPM9515Y. i know my board meets hardware requirements that the gtx460 needs. im trying to install it on a VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64BIT, 16GB RAM, 600 WATT ANTEC PSU.

on the other hand, i'm having no problems with the same video card, installed on my WHS2011 desktop which has the DQ45CB board, 8gb of ram and a 600 watt CORSAIR PSU.

now, ive also tried to use the same PSU (CORSAIR, GS600) on the M9515Y desktop to rule out PSU problems but still get the BSOD. ive also configured the 2 sata drives on either RAID or IDE which did not make any difference.

im just optimistic there is hope in me using the video card. i will mainly use for video editing with adobe premiere pro to make use of its mercury processing capabilities.

thanks.
ive tried several times but i get BSOD whenever i install the GTX 460 on my HPM9515Y. i know my board meets hardware requirements that the gtx460 needs. im trying to install it on a VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64BIT, 16GB RAM, 600 WATT ANTEC PSU.

on the other hand, i'm having no problems with the same video card, installed on my WHS2011 desktop which has the DQ45CB board, 8gb of ram and a 600 watt CORSAIR PSU.

now, ive also tried to use the same PSU (CORSAIR, GS600) on the M9515Y desktop to rule out PSU problems but still get the BSOD. ive also configured the 2 sata drives on either RAID or IDE which did not make any difference.

im just optimistic there is hope in me using the video card. i will mainly use for video editing with adobe premiere pro to make use of its mercury processing capabilities.

thanks.

Posted 06/10/2011 04:20 PM   
[quote name='bapski' date='10 June 2011 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1307722816' post='1250136']

thanks.
[/quote]

thanks for the TON of help guys... you were really very much informative.

anyways, to add what you guys have suggested,i had to take out one of my 4gb ram sticks and brought down ram from 16gb to 12gb and now my GTX460 is working flawlessly with no hiccups at all. temps hovering at 70 on load and with dual monitor setup. am able to run ADOBE PREMIERE with MERCURY PLAYBACK with no problems. played WIC and BF2 on high with no problems as well...

thanks a million again guys...
[quote name='bapski' date='10 June 2011 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1307722816' post='1250136']

thanks.

anyways, to add what you guys have suggested,i had to take out one of my 4gb ram sticks and brought down ram from 16gb to 12gb and now my GTX460 is working flawlessly with no hiccups at all. temps hovering at 70 on load and with dual monitor setup. am able to run ADOBE PREMIERE with MERCURY PLAYBACK with no problems. played WIC and BF2 on high with no problems as well...

Posted 06/23/2011 09:01 PM   
[quote name='bapski' date='23 June 2011 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1308862901' post='1255796']

[/quote]

I am experiencing the same problem on the m9515y and a GeForce GT 430, which I had also upgraded to 16GB. I wish I had seen your post before I exhausted 5 days on this issue and discovered this after trial and error. I too have discovered that reducing the memory to 12GB solves the BSOD issue.

However, I do not understand why I can't run 16GB with the GT 430. Do you have an answer?
[quote name='bapski' date='23 June 2011 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1308862901' post='1255796']

I am experiencing the same problem on the m9515y and a GeForce GT 430, which I had also upgraded to 16GB. I wish I had seen your post before I exhausted 5 days on this issue and discovered this after trial and error. I too have discovered that reducing the memory to 12GB solves the BSOD issue.

However, I do not understand why I can't run 16GB with the GT 430. Do you have an answer?

Posted 02/21/2012 08:42 AM   
Scroll To Top