275.33 NVIDIA Installer failed
  1 / 3    
Ok here's the deal. Nvidia drivers always worked perfectly before until 275.33. I get "NVIDIA Installer failed." I get it after the control panel starts to install, which reverts my graphic driver installation previous to that. If I kill setup.exe before that point, the 275.33 graphic drivers stay but I don't get anything else from that installer.
So like I've hinted, I think it's a problem in the control panel installation and it's failing.

Here is an image:
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2vkxg6p.png[/IMG]

Does anyone know what could be going wrong? I've followed the Driver Installation Guide to a T and still received this problem.

ps: I don't know what info you may need but I am on Win XP Pro SP3 and have a GT 240 card. I've tried all permutations of installing the update (that means express, custom, clean, etc). My AVG is disabled. Below is my Setupapi.log

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?fras330t4r3m1ks"]Click here to download[/url].

ps II: I noticed in the setup log that it has these 2 lines:
[b] 95.695 | DEBUG: [NVI2.NVFileAction] 531@CNVFileAction::DoRegisterDll : Registering DLL "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvsvs.dll".
95.792 | ERROR: [NVI2.NVFileAction] 338@CNVFileAction::InvokeAction : COM error: Exception {0x80070005 - Access is denied.}. [/b]
It seems to fail at registering a dll, but why? My access, as I made sure, was full rights to that folder beforehand.
Ok here's the deal. Nvidia drivers always worked perfectly before until 275.33. I get "NVIDIA Installer failed." I get it after the control panel starts to install, which reverts my graphic driver installation previous to that. If I kill setup.exe before that point, the 275.33 graphic drivers stay but I don't get anything else from that installer.

So like I've hinted, I think it's a problem in the control panel installation and it's failing.

Here is an image:

Does anyone know what could be going wrong? I've followed the Driver Installation Guide to a T and still received this problem.

ps: I don't know what info you may need but I am on Win XP Pro SP3 and have a GT 240 card. I've tried all permutations of installing the update (that means express, custom, clean, etc). My AVG is disabled. Below is my Setupapi.log

Click here to download.

ps II: I noticed in the setup log that it has these 2 lines:

95.695 | DEBUG: [NVI2.NVFileAction] 531@CNVFileAction::DoRegisterDll : Registering DLL "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvsvs.dll".

95.792 | ERROR: [NVI2.NVFileAction] 338@CNVFileAction::InvokeAction : COM error: Exception {0x80070005 - Access is denied.}.

It seems to fail at registering a dll, but why? My access, as I made sure, was full rights to that folder beforehand.

Posted 06/10/2011 09:08 AM   
Rename the folder "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" and try again.
Rename the folder "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" and try again.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 06/10/2011 10:28 AM   
Already tried. I've deleted it (which gets the same effect, right?) and still the same error.
Already tried. I've deleted it (which gets the same effect, right?) and still the same error.

Posted 06/10/2011 08:07 PM   
Yes it would have had a similar effect.

Do a few clean installs and uninstalls with older drivers from 26x and 270.x then try 275.x again. It has to work at some point. At least it did for me.

Each time after you [b]un[/b]install the driver components, reboot and delete the NVIDIA Corp folder. Then reinstall.
Yes it would have had a similar effect.

Do a few clean installs and uninstalls with older drivers from 26x and 270.x then try 275.x again. It has to work at some point. At least it did for me.

Each time after you uninstall the driver components, reboot and delete the NVIDIA Corp folder. Then reinstall.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 06/11/2011 05:52 PM   
Ok I did all that. 260.99 and 270.61 install fine but 275.33 still has the same problem, failing at control panel installation.
Maybe I'll just keep 270.61 and wait for a new driver version unless we can try anything else.
Ok I did all that. 260.99 and 270.61 install fine but 275.33 still has the same problem, failing at control panel installation.

Maybe I'll just keep 270.61 and wait for a new driver version unless we can try anything else.

Posted 06/13/2011 12:41 AM   
(Bumping topic)

I have a very similar problem but, in my case, I can't install any driver after 191.07 (didn't try 197.45 yet).

Have GTX260, Windows XP Pro SP3.

[b]UPDATE:[/b] 197.45 and 260.99 also installed fine, I'll try 270.61 again later.
(Bumping topic)

I have a very similar problem but, in my case, I can't install any driver after 191.07 (didn't try 197.45 yet).

Have GTX260, Windows XP Pro SP3.

UPDATE: 197.45 and 260.99 also installed fine, I'll try 270.61 again later.

Posted 06/18/2011 03:35 PM   
entire system has been trashed, lol.
entire system has been trashed, lol.

Posted 06/24/2011 09:38 AM   
Just purchased the NVidia GTX 560. It came with drivers which I installed. Then I was notified of a new driver update which I tried to install from the Nvidia installer. It crashed and said Nvidia Installer failed. Now the drivers are all screwed up and my system runs like crap.

This is my editing PC for my business and now NVidia owes me $5,498 dollars for a blown project. Thanks!
Just purchased the NVidia GTX 560. It came with drivers which I installed. Then I was notified of a new driver update which I tried to install from the Nvidia installer. It crashed and said Nvidia Installer failed. Now the drivers are all screwed up and my system runs like crap.

This is my editing PC for my business and now NVidia owes me $5,498 dollars for a blown project. Thanks!

Posted 06/30/2011 06:09 AM   
nvidia owes you nothing.

[quote][b]. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION ON LIABILITY[/b] [indent] [b]6.1[/b] No Warranties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND NVIDIA AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

[b]6.2[/b] No Liability for Consequential Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NVIDIA OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NVIDIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

[/indent][/quote]
nvidia owes you nothing.

. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION ON LIABILITY [indent] 6.1 No Warranties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND NVIDIA AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

6.2 No Liability for Consequential Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NVIDIA OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NVIDIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

[/indent]

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 07/02/2011 12:03 AM   
Hey,

I have a similar issue.

I get this failure at the end of the installation:

[img]http://www.robertthalheim.com/dl/uhdasfcjsdhbcfv/installer_failed.jpg[/img]

I've build a new win7 PC with the Intel 2600k on an asus p8tz68 deluxe with the asus gtx580.
On first install I used 265.. (forgot the exact version) came with the dvd.

I than installed all motherboard and chipset utilities and drivers like Lucid Virtu.
After installing 275.33 i got the issue. I than deinstalled all nvidia stuff and did a clean reinstall. same issue.

I than used the 280.19 - same thing. Damn.

Does anybody know how this can be solved or know why this happens? I never had any issue with nvidia software within the last 6 years!

How is about my PhysX now? Is it working?

LG, Robert
[attachment=21951:NVIDIA System Information 08-08-2011 03-46-16.txt]

Edit: with the first install I also installed "asus gamer osd and asus smart doctor" which came with the DVD. Wich I uninstalled before the clean install of the 275.33 driver.
Hey,

I have a similar issue.

I get this failure at the end of the installation:

I've build a new win7 PC with the Intel 2600k on an asus p8tz68 deluxe with the asus gtx580.

On first install I used 265.. (forgot the exact version) came with the dvd.

I than installed all motherboard and chipset utilities and drivers like Lucid Virtu.

After installing 275.33 i got the issue. I than deinstalled all nvidia stuff and did a clean reinstall. same issue.

I than used the 280.19 - same thing. Damn.

Does anybody know how this can be solved or know why this happens? I never had any issue with nvidia software within the last 6 years!

How is about my PhysX now? Is it working?

LG, Robert

[attachment=21951:NVIDIA System Information 08-08-2011 03-46-16.txt]

Edit: with the first install I also installed "asus gamer osd and asus smart doctor" which came with the DVD. Wich I uninstalled before the clean install of the 275.33 driver.

Posted 08/08/2011 01:46 AM   
[quote name='SpizyChicken' date='30 June 2011 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1309414167' post='1258310']

[/quote]

If you're 'techie' enough to be installing the latest, greatest nVidia drivers, you're techie enough to know better than to f*** with something before starting work on a big project. Suck it.
[quote name='SpizyChicken' date='30 June 2011 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1309414167' post='1258310']

If you're 'techie' enough to be installing the latest, greatest nVidia drivers, you're techie enough to know better than to f*** with something before starting work on a big project. Suck it.

Posted 08/30/2011 03:59 PM   
I had the same Problem with driver 285.58, and solved it. After deleting all Nvidia Software and drivers,
and purging lots of nvidia keys from the registry, my installation did still NOT work.

Looking into Regmon showed me the solution: There was an "ACCESS DENIED" on the Registry key

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers\RIVATNT

Deleting this key would not help, as the installer apperently creates it WITH WRONG PERMISSIONS first, and then tries to
access it. How stupid is this installer?

Anyways, here goes the solution:

Change the permissions on that key

to "Full Control" allowed after the installer has failed. Then run the installer again - voila, it works.
I had the same Problem with driver 285.58, and solved it. After deleting all Nvidia Software and drivers,

and purging lots of nvidia keys from the registry, my installation did still NOT work.

Looking into Regmon showed me the solution: There was an "ACCESS DENIED" on the Registry key

Deleting this key would not help, as the installer apperently creates it WITH WRONG PERMISSIONS first, and then tries to

access it. How stupid is this installer?

Anyways, here goes the solution:

Change the permissions on that key

to "Full Control" allowed after the installer has failed. Then run the installer again - voila, it works.

Posted 10/31/2011 05:55 PM   
Hi

I have same problem on windows 7 64 bit machine. After the failed install, I searched for the key that you quote, but it ended at OpenGLDrivers
not RIVATNT. Anyway, made sure permissions was full control on OpenGLDrivers and tried again - same problem

Do you have windows 7 ? wonder if it is a different location for the key or if anyone else has any ideas to fix this

Many thanks

Chris Anderson
Hi

I have same problem on windows 7 64 bit machine. After the failed install, I searched for the key that you quote, but it ended at OpenGLDrivers

not RIVATNT. Anyway, made sure permissions was full control on OpenGLDrivers and tried again - same problem

Do you have windows 7 ? wonder if it is a different location for the key or if anyone else has any ideas to fix this

Many thanks

Chris Anderson

Posted 11/14/2011 12:46 PM   
Hi

Where do i find 'regmon' ?

Thanks

Chris Anderson
Hi

Where do i find 'regmon' ?

Thanks

Chris Anderson

Posted 11/14/2011 12:49 PM   
Same issue, the key edit doesn't do anything for me.
Same issue, the key edit doesn't do anything for me.

Posted 11/17/2011 12:35 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top