GeForce GT 220 Failure
I recently bought an ASUS ENGT220, installed it, updated drivers to 275.33, etc. Everything went perfectly fine for about a day, day and a half. I was able to play Half-Life 2 and Unreal Tournament 3 just about maxed without a hitch, and the card kept exceptionally cool.

Then I decided to try playing Counter-Strike Source. The game started to load, and just before the menu would actually start, I got a BSOD. From that point, having the card installed would cause the display driver to crash and the graphics to glitch out even on desktop applications. I tried completely wiping the drivers and reinstalling, I tried installing an older driver (270.61), and absolutely nothing worked. I've since switched back to onboard and everything works fine, but I'm wondering if I can maybe fix the issue without having to get an exchange on the hardware (that's my last resort at this point).

EDIT: Worth noting, the exact problem I've been having since the BSOD is the same one being had by the poster of this thread: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=202400

My setup:

AMD Phenom X3 8250e 1.9GHz
Biostar MCP6PB M2+ (nForce 6150-430 chipset)
2GB DDR2 667
ASUS ENGT220 (GeForce GT 220 1GB DDR2)
Windows 7 Ultimate
BSOD Minidump: http://ifile.it/thv1jdz

Thanks in advance for any help.
I recently bought an ASUS ENGT220, installed it, updated drivers to 275.33, etc. Everything went perfectly fine for about a day, day and a half. I was able to play Half-Life 2 and Unreal Tournament 3 just about maxed without a hitch, and the card kept exceptionally cool.

Then I decided to try playing Counter-Strike Source. The game started to load, and just before the menu would actually start, I got a BSOD. From that point, having the card installed would cause the display driver to crash and the graphics to glitch out even on desktop applications. I tried completely wiping the drivers and reinstalling, I tried installing an older driver (270.61), and absolutely nothing worked. I've since switched back to onboard and everything works fine, but I'm wondering if I can maybe fix the issue without having to get an exchange on the hardware (that's my last resort at this point).

EDIT: Worth noting, the exact problem I've been having since the BSOD is the same one being had by the poster of this thread: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=202400

My setup:

AMD Phenom X3 8250e 1.9GHz

Biostar MCP6PB M2+ (nForce 6150-430 chipset)

2GB DDR2 667

ASUS ENGT220 (GeForce GT 220 1GB DDR2)

Windows 7 Ultimate

BSOD Minidump: http://ifile.it/thv1jdz

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted 06/08/2011 02:13 PM   
If you didn`t sell or change the card yet you might try enter Nvidias meny, access global setting and turn gpu acceleration to combability mode. Most integrated video gpu`s on MB won`t be turned off. Turn on all Cuda`s. I also had to override Internett explorer otherwise it will make my display driver crash once each 30 sec. Before i switched to win7 it totaly K.O my computer playing Stalker on vista. Total reboot after playing some minutes or just left the game on. Good Luck My Setup: AMD ATHLON X2 2,9GHz NYSSA M2N61-LA AM2(GeForce 6100 nForce 420 chipset) Geforce 220GT 1GB DDR2 (second hand, don`t know manufacturer) 2GB DDR2 667MHz Windows 7 Ultimate
If you didn`t sell or change the card yet you might try enter Nvidias meny, access global setting and turn gpu acceleration to combability mode. Most integrated video gpu`s on MB won`t be turned off. Turn on all Cuda`s. I also had to override Internett explorer otherwise it will make my display driver crash once each 30 sec.

Before i switched to win7 it totaly K.O my computer playing Stalker on vista. Total reboot after playing some minutes or just left the game on.

Good Luck

My Setup:

AMD ATHLON X2 2,9GHz

NYSSA M2N61-LA AM2(GeForce 6100 nForce 420 chipset)

Geforce 220GT 1GB DDR2 (second hand, don`t know manufacturer)

2GB DDR2 667MHz

Windows 7 Ultimate

Posted 02/24/2013 09:29 PM   
Scroll To Top