SLI not working
Hi there,

So i have been browsing the internet recently in a hope to find a solution for this SLI problem im having, and what 1000's of others have had. I have purchased 450 GTS OC editions, which are running the same driver versions and am trying to SLI them. The problem is,they wont. The Device Manager recognises 2 GFX cards but the Nvidia CP just wont give me the option. Im literally pulling my hair out as its turning out to be a waste of money.

The solutions i have tried are:

1. Take the hardware out and put it back in.
2. Get a replacement bridge.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
4. Uninstall and reinstall network drivers (random i know but worked for some).
5. Added a new "coolbits" folder in the registry.

Now i have ensured the cards are the same, both 450 GTS OC edition by Palit. My Power supply is capable of running the 2 GFX cards confirmed by the store i bought it from. I would really appreciate any possible solutions/guidelines. Im fairly computer literate but detailed(ish) instructions would be appreciated.

Finally, my hardware:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i3 530 2.93ghz
8GB DDR ram
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd H55M-UD2H (Socket 1156)
2 x Nvidia GeForce GTS 450... Or currently just 1!
1 TB Western DIgital Hard drive.
700wOCZ Power Supply

If i have missed any information just post a reply and ill add it in. Thanks in advance and apologies for the essay of a thread :)
Hi there,

So i have been browsing the internet recently in a hope to find a solution for this SLI problem im having, and what 1000's of others have had. I have purchased 450 GTS OC editions, which are running the same driver versions and am trying to SLI them. The problem is,they wont. The Device Manager recognises 2 GFX cards but the Nvidia CP just wont give me the option. Im literally pulling my hair out as its turning out to be a waste of money.

Now i have ensured the cards are the same, both 450 GTS OC edition by Palit. My Power supply is capable of running the 2 GFX cards confirmed by the store i bought it from. I would really appreciate any possible solutions/guidelines. Im fairly computer literate but detailed(ish) instructions would be appreciated.

Finally, my hardware:

Windows 7 64bit

8GB DDR ram

700wOCZ Power Supply

If i have missed any information just post a reply and ill add it in. Thanks in advance and apologies for the essay of a thread :)

Posted 06/05/2011 08:40 PM   
Welcome to the no-more-sli club! I'm in the same situation, perfectly working sli gone after the latest driver update, using driver cleaner pro and driver sweeper to remove remaining nvidia stuff, but to no avail for days now. you could add a dword and a qword by rightclicking inan empty space in the nvtweak registry entry folder, naming the dword Coolbits, and the qword Coolbits64, both modified to value 18 (show as 18 (24)). i don't know if coolbits itself needs to be downloaded and installed,i guess so, didn't work for me, but others had success. In your bios, sli is turned on, right?
Welcome to the no-more-sli club! I'm in the same situation, perfectly working sli gone after the latest driver update, using driver cleaner pro and driver sweeper to remove remaining nvidia stuff, but to no avail for days now. you could add a dword and a qword by rightclicking inan empty space in the nvtweak registry entry folder, naming the dword Coolbits, and the qword Coolbits64, both modified to value 18 (show as 18 (24)). i don't know if coolbits itself needs to be downloaded and installed,i guess so, didn't work for me, but others had success. In your bios, sli is turned on, right?

Posted 06/06/2011 12:48 PM   
Hi Men, I've just had the same frustration and problems you are going through. Look at my post " How to enable Sli Mode" and good luck.
Hi Men, I've just had the same frustration and problems you are going through. Look at my post " How to enable Sli Mode" and good luck.

Posted 06/06/2011 03:04 PM   
[quote name='Manninagh' date='06 June 2011 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1307372668' post='1248187']
[/quote]
Good you got it fixed, but I can't do a new install now, to much programs I don't want to loose / reinstall. I made a new install but windows did update and loaded a lot of nvidia crap and still no sli in nvidia cp even with the 258.xx driver. GPU-Z sees a pci-e 16 lane at 16, and a second 16 lane at 2, where bios is set to 8-8.
[quote name='Manninagh' date='06 June 2011 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1307372668' post='1248187']

Good you got it fixed, but I can't do a new install now, to much programs I don't want to loose / reinstall. I made a new install but windows did update and loaded a lot of nvidia crap and still no sli in nvidia cp even with the 258.xx driver. GPU-Z sees a pci-e 16 lane at 16, and a second 16 lane at 2, where bios is set to 8-8.

Posted 06/06/2011 03:44 PM   
[quote name='Navvy' date='05 June 2011 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1307306416' post='1247855']
Hi there,

Finally, my hardware:

Windows 7 64bit
8GB DDR ram
700wOCZ Power Supply

[/quote]

Well, you motherboard won't support SLI, that's the reason it's not working.
[quote name='Navvy' date='05 June 2011 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1307306416' post='1247855']

Hi there,

Finally, my hardware:

Windows 7 64bit

8GB DDR ram

700wOCZ Power Supply

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5 + ASUS P8P67 Evo + 2 x 4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS-X + ASUS GTX580 SLI + DELL U2711

Posted 06/06/2011 03:49 PM   
[quote name='narciso' date='06 June 2011 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1307375372' post='1248225']
[/quote]

REALLY :(!? I baught my motherboard bundle a while back, with no real intention of SLI, i just assumed as it had 2 PCI slots it would work. Can you suggest a motherboard that would let me SLI and still accept my current CPU? Feeling very stupid right now. But thanks for finding the problem for me.
[quote name='narciso' date='06 June 2011 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1307375372' post='1248225']

REALLY :(!? I baught my motherboard bundle a while back, with no real intention of SLI, i just assumed as it had 2 PCI slots it would work. Can you suggest a motherboard that would let me SLI and still accept my current CPU? Feeling very stupid right now. But thanks for finding the problem for me.

Posted 06/06/2011 04:44 PM   
Scroll To Top