NVIDIA Optimus Feedback Form NVIDIA Optimus owners - We want your feedback
  1 / 12    
NVIDIA's Optimus technology is continuously evolving to suit the need of our customers. If you own an NVIDIA laptop featuring NVIDIA's Optimus technology, please download the latest [url="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us"]NVIDIA drivers[/url] and then let us know about your experience so we may better tailor our software and hardware to better meet your laptop requirements.

https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=00adecd131acc8af2060565d2b9a8a23
NVIDIA's Optimus technology is continuously evolving to suit the need of our customers. If you own an NVIDIA laptop featuring NVIDIA's Optimus technology, please download the latest NVIDIA drivers and then let us know about your experience so we may better tailor our software and hardware to better meet your laptop requirements.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 06/01/2011 02:11 AM   
1. No Valve, Steam Game supports the Geforce 540M, the Games (HL2, CSS,L4D, Team Fortress 2, etc.) The Games launch only with the i7 2630qm integrated intel hd 3ooo Card.

Putting the Steam.exe, hl2.exe, l4d.exe etc. on the Nvidia Whitelist Panel to use the Nvidia Card = no Change!

The Cvar ingame, mat_info shows that the games use the:

nvumdshim.dll
Version 8.17.12.6856
Productname Nvidia D3D shim drivers

2. Why arent the Verde Nvidia Drivers not Supporting ASUS Notebooks with the Geforce 540M???

3. Put in a Switch to completly disable Optimus or installing it.

4. Is someone working here? Giving Feedback, Solutions etc.???
1. No Valve, Steam Game supports the Geforce 540M, the Games (HL2, CSS,L4D, Team Fortress 2, etc.) The Games launch only with the i7 2630qm integrated intel hd 3ooo Card.

Putting the Steam.exe, hl2.exe, l4d.exe etc. on the Nvidia Whitelist Panel to use the Nvidia Card = no Change!

The Cvar ingame, mat_info shows that the games use the:

nvumdshim.dll

Version 8.17.12.6856

Productname Nvidia D3D shim drivers

2. Why arent the Verde Nvidia Drivers not Supporting ASUS Notebooks with the Geforce 540M???

3. Put in a Switch to completly disable Optimus or installing it.

4. Is someone working here? Giving Feedback, Solutions etc.???

Posted 06/30/2011 07:50 PM   
News on the non-optimal Optimus Front:

Steam Games using the Internal Intel HD Card, ASUS A53SV/K53/SV with GT540M!

Some Infos about launching Steam/Left 4 Dead:

ASUS A53SV/K53SV i7 2630qm gt540m Win 7 64bit Premium

Steam without Nvidia Video Drivers:

Left 4 Dead

Unknown Video Card

Your Driver Details

OS Version: Windows 7 64 Premium

Description: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Version: 8.15.10.2342

Continue anyway: Yes

mat_info
ShaderAPI: shaderapidx9.dll
Shader API Driver Info:

Driver : igdumdx32.dll Version : 657702
Driver Description : Intel® HD Graphics Family
Chipset version 32902 278 368185411 9

Display mode : 1280 x 720 @60Hz (BGRX8888)
Vertex Shader Version : 3.0 Pixel Shader Version : 3.0

Steam with Nvidia Video Drivers: 275.33

Left 4 Dead

mat_info
Shader API Driver Info:

Driver : nvumdshim.dll Version : 793965

News on the non-optimal Optimus Front:

Steam Games using the Internal Intel HD Card, ASUS A53SV/K53/SV with GT540M!

Some Infos about launching Steam/Left 4 Dead:

ASUS A53SV/K53SV i7 2630qm gt540m Win 7 64bit Premium

Steam without Nvidia Video Drivers:

Left 4 Dead

Unknown Video Card

Your Driver Details

OS Version: Windows 7 64 Premium

Description: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Version: 8.15.10.2342

Continue anyway: Yes

mat_info

Shader API Driver Info:

Driver : igdumdx32.dll Version : 657702

Steam with Nvidia Video Drivers: 275.33

Left 4 Dead

mat_info

Shader API Driver Info:

Driver : nvumdshim.dll Version : 793965

Posted 07/06/2011 03:20 PM   
Hello??? Is someone working here? Need help? Bump!
Hello??? Is someone working here? Need help? Bump!

Posted 07/11/2011 11:54 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='01 June 2011 - 07:41 AM' timestamp='1306894308' post='1245177']
NVIDIA's Optimus technology is continuously evolving to suit the need of our customers. If you own an NVIDIA laptop featuring NVIDIA's Optimus technology, please download the latest [url="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us"]NVIDIA drivers[/url] and then let us know about your experience so we may better tailor our software and hardware to better meet your laptop requirements.

[/quote]

I bought an Asus N53SN notebook specially for CUDA development. It turns out that Ubuntu doesn't detect my NVidia device since it's normally switched off.
Is there a way to get CUDA programs running?
[quote name='ManuelG' date='01 June 2011 - 07:41 AM' timestamp='1306894308' post='1245177']

NVIDIA's Optimus technology is continuously evolving to suit the need of our customers. If you own an NVIDIA laptop featuring NVIDIA's Optimus technology, please download the latest NVIDIA drivers and then let us know about your experience so we may better tailor our software and hardware to better meet your laptop requirements.

I bought an Asus N53SN notebook specially for CUDA development. It turns out that Ubuntu doesn't detect my NVidia device since it's normally switched off.

Posted 07/12/2011 06:34 AM   
Manuel where are you? Nvidia Customers need help. Is that how it works @Nvidia, giving no answers? Still got Problems, Bump!
Manuel where are you? Nvidia Customers need help. Is that how it works @Nvidia, giving no answers? Still got Problems, Bump!

Posted 07/15/2011 07:06 PM   
when driver will be released for 500M series?????????????
plz answer us i cant play any game the games do noy recognize the gt 540 card

pls plz
when driver will be released for 500M series?????????????

plz answer us i cant play any game the games do noy recognize the gt 540 card

pls plz

Posted 07/16/2011 07:27 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='01 June 2011 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1306894308' post='1245177']
NVIDIA's Optimus technology is continuously evolving to suit the need of our customers.
[/quote]

Good, this is what many of your customers need:

A way to turn the integrated Intel DH display card completely OFF when we desire to use the Nvidia GPU. That's all. I imagine that will solve 99% of the problems people have been having with these cards.
[quote name='ManuelG' date='01 June 2011 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1306894308' post='1245177']

NVIDIA's Optimus technology is continuously evolving to suit the need of our customers.

A way to turn the integrated Intel DH display card completely OFF when we desire to use the Nvidia GPU. That's all. I imagine that will solve 99% of the problems people have been having with these cards.

Posted 07/23/2011 01:40 AM   
[quote name='kau_mad' date='12 July 2011 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1310452499' post='1263369']
[/quote]
Same problem here!! My Asus N53S with GT540M has the same problem!! Give us support! =S
[quote name='kau_mad' date='12 July 2011 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1310452499' post='1263369']

Same problem here!! My Asus N53S with GT540M has the same problem!! Give us support! =S

Posted 08/05/2011 03:07 PM   
I just installed Google Chrome 13 and even when I force it to run with the GPU nothing happens. Is this a normal behavior or do I need to fix something?

I have an Asus laptop U35jc with the 275.33 drivers on the Nvidia 310m and the 8.15.10.2361 on the Intel HD. My index score dropped by a couple of points after installing these though. Before it was 4.6 and now is 3.9. Any help/advice?
I just installed Google Chrome 13 and even when I force it to run with the GPU nothing happens. Is this a normal behavior or do I need to fix something?

I have an Asus laptop U35jc with the 275.33 drivers on the Nvidia 310m and the 8.15.10.2361 on the Intel HD. My index score dropped by a couple of points after installing these though. Before it was 4.6 and now is 3.9. Any help/advice?

Posted 08/05/2011 04:58 PM   
hi there,

I have a problem with rFactor, and I did not find solution on the forum.(sorry, if there is one)

I installed, the latest driver and software (275.33) and I am not able to choose the right gpu (GT335M) instead of Intel HD Grapics...
I do not know what to do, I tried everything. ( It works with an older driver 189.xx)

I hope someone can help me.
hi there,

I have a problem with rFactor, and I did not find solution on the forum.(sorry, if there is one)

I installed, the latest driver and software (275.33) and I am not able to choose the right gpu (GT335M) instead of Intel HD Grapics...

I do not know what to do, I tried everything. ( It works with an older driver 189.xx)

I hope someone can help me.

Posted 08/05/2011 11:57 PM   
Hello,

I am trying to use Blender Cycles rendering engine and try out CUDA GPUs on it, unfortunately Intel HD card is being seen first so no options are available to activate GPU rendering even when I tell in Nvidia panel that Blender uses NVidia card, not Intel HD one. on the mean time, the same version of Blender on my old pc with a lot older NVidia card has no trouble to use GPU rendering.

any advises?
Thank you for your time!
Hello,

I am trying to use Blender Cycles rendering engine and try out CUDA GPUs on it, unfortunately Intel HD card is being seen first so no options are available to activate GPU rendering even when I tell in Nvidia panel that Blender uses NVidia card, not Intel HD one. on the mean time, the same version of Blender on my old pc with a lot older NVidia card has no trouble to use GPU rendering.

any advises?

Thank you for your time!

Posted 08/06/2011 04:36 PM   
Games crash after a random time. After logging my GPU statistics it seems that when it crashes the GPU (540M) just switches over and causes a crash.
Games crash after a random time. After logging my GPU statistics it seems that when it crashes the GPU (540M) just switches over and causes a crash.

Posted 08/09/2011 11:33 PM   
[quote name='costa200' date='23 July 2011 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1311385202' post='1269371']

[/quote]

Second that. I'm not able to install 3D Vision at all on my Hawkforce W150M (Clevo Barebone) with GT550m, because optimus is always kicking in when the driver tries to detect the gpu capabilities.

Maybe it's because all graphics ports (VGA, HDMI) are attached to the internal graphics rather than to the nvidia card.

Are there any optimus notebooks capable of 3D Vision at all?
[quote name='costa200' date='23 July 2011 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1311385202' post='1269371']

Second that. I'm not able to install 3D Vision at all on my Hawkforce W150M (Clevo Barebone) with GT550m, because optimus is always kicking in when the driver tries to detect the gpu capabilities.

Maybe it's because all graphics ports (VGA, HDMI) are attached to the internal graphics rather than to the nvidia card.

Are there any optimus notebooks capable of 3D Vision at all?

Posted 08/11/2011 10:44 AM   
Hi all
Hola a todos

Well, I had thought about purchasing a laptop with NVIDIA CUDA to use the
power with Blender Cycles and play CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WAR
BLACK OPS, but I'm seeing that the system problems are not solved OPTIMUS.
I have decanted and you choose a laptop with ATI graphics.
It makes no sense to pay for a fairly good graphics, and having to use the worst
of the two riding the laptop (Does anyone buy a BMW to use the bike i
n the trunk and takes to park the BMW? It makes no sense, so is NVIDIA to lords,
"squeeze ass", as they say in Spain, and work fast and well, or they will
lose many customers, myself and I have lost, in a week unless they have solved
the problem. Until now I have been faithful to NVIDIA, but ....

Another time.

Bueno, tenia pensado adquirir un portatil con NVIDIA para usar el potencial
CUDA con Blender Cycles y jugar a CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WAR y BLACK OPS,
pero estoy viendo que los problemas con el sistema OPTIMUS no se solucionan.
Me han hecho ustedes decantarme y elegir un portatil con grafica ATI.
No tiene sentido pagar por una grafica medianamente buena,
y tener que utilizar la peor de las dos que monta el portatil
(¿Alguien compraria un BMW para usar la bicicleta que lleva en el
maletero y dejar aparcado el BMW? No tiene sentido, asi es que señores de NVIDIA,
"aprieten el culo", como se suele decir en España, y trabajen rapido y bien,
o van a perder muchos clientes, a mi ya me han perdido, a menos que en
una semana hayan solucionado el problema. Hasta ahora he sido fiel a NVIDIA, pero....

Otra vez será.
Hi all

Hola a todos

Well, I had thought about purchasing a laptop with NVIDIA CUDA to use the

power with Blender Cycles and play CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WAR

BLACK OPS, but I'm seeing that the system problems are not solved OPTIMUS.

I have decanted and you choose a laptop with ATI graphics.

It makes no sense to pay for a fairly good graphics, and having to use the worst

of the two riding the laptop (Does anyone buy a BMW to use the bike i

n the trunk and takes to park the BMW? It makes no sense, so is NVIDIA to lords,

"squeeze ass", as they say in Spain, and work fast and well, or they will

lose many customers, myself and I have lost, in a week unless they have solved

the problem. Until now I have been faithful to NVIDIA, but ....

Another time.

Bueno, tenia pensado adquirir un portatil con NVIDIA para usar el potencial

CUDA con Blender Cycles y jugar a CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WAR y BLACK OPS,

pero estoy viendo que los problemas con el sistema OPTIMUS no se solucionan.

Me han hecho ustedes decantarme y elegir un portatil con grafica ATI.

No tiene sentido pagar por una grafica medianamente buena,

y tener que utilizar la peor de las dos que monta el portatil

(¿Alguien compraria un BMW para usar la bicicleta que lleva en el

maletero y dejar aparcado el BMW? No tiene sentido, asi es que señores de NVIDIA,

"aprieten el culo", como se suele decir en España, y trabajen rapido y bien,

o van a perder muchos clientes, a mi ya me han perdido, a menos que en

una semana hayan solucionado el problema. Hasta ahora he sido fiel a NVIDIA, pero....

Otra vez será.

Posted 08/20/2011 01:04 PM   
  1 / 12    
Scroll To Top