3DTV Play not working on my samsung 2011 plasma PS64D8000
  1 / 2    
I installed the latest 270.61 driver and 3DTV Play Support Update Utility 1.0.0.25. There is still no 3DTV play logo in the Nvidia control panel. I also tried the 275.27 beta driver but doesn't work either. My tv is the Samsung 2011 64 inch plasma PS64D8000. It is not in the Nvidia 3DTV System Requirement page, but a similar model PN64D8000FF is there. The PS64D8000 (Australia) and PN64D8000 (USA) are both 64 inch 3d plasma, so I think they are just different names for the same model. Is there anyway I can get my TV working? Perhaps install an inf file to make 3DTV Play to recognise it as PN64D8000? Why is there a supported list after all, the 3DTV play software should work with any 3D TV just like what PS3 console does. I have a USB 3D vision emitter installed properly so licencing should not be an issue. In the stereoscopic 3d setting it just shows "For the ultimate experience, get 3DTV play".
I installed the latest 270.61 driver and 3DTV Play Support Update Utility 1.0.0.25. There is still no 3DTV play logo in the Nvidia control panel. I also tried the 275.27 beta driver but doesn't work either. My tv is the Samsung 2011 64 inch plasma PS64D8000. It is not in the Nvidia 3DTV System Requirement page, but a similar model PN64D8000FF is there. The PS64D8000 (Australia) and PN64D8000 (USA) are both 64 inch 3d plasma, so I think they are just different names for the same model. Is there anyway I can get my TV working? Perhaps install an inf file to make 3DTV Play to recognise it as PN64D8000? Why is there a supported list after all, the 3DTV play software should work with any 3D TV just like what PS3 console does. I have a USB 3D vision emitter installed properly so licencing should not be an issue. In the stereoscopic 3d setting it just shows "For the ultimate experience, get 3DTV play".

Posted 05/31/2011 04:36 AM   
[quote name='ragerma' date='30 May 2011 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1306816617' post='1244630']
[/quote]
If you have your Nvidia emitter then you should have 3DTV Play. Check your device manager > USB Bus controllers and see if 'Nvidia Stereo 3D USB' is present.
[quote name='ragerma' date='30 May 2011 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1306816617' post='1244630']

If you have your Nvidia emitter then you should have 3DTV Play. Check your device manager > USB Bus controllers and see if 'Nvidia Stereo 3D USB' is present.

Posted 05/31/2011 02:58 PM   
Yes, I can see the 'Nvidia Stereo 3D USB' in the device manager. But I still can't get 3DTV Play.
Yes, I can see the 'Nvidia Stereo 3D USB' in the device manager. But I still can't get 3DTV Play.

Posted 06/01/2011 11:34 PM   
Today I tried the latest 275.33 driver, does not help. My current video card is GTX 470. I also tried my old GTX260, also have the same problem.
I can see the 'Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D USB controller' in my device manager, the driver version is 6.14.12.7533
Operating system is windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
CPU core i7 920
Today I tried the latest 275.33 driver, does not help. My current video card is GTX 470. I also tried my old GTX260, also have the same problem.

I can see the 'Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D USB controller' in my device manager, the driver version is 6.14.12.7533

Operating system is windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

CPU core i7 920

Posted 06/02/2011 01:51 PM   
I think something is messed up in your registry. Go to device manager > display adaptor and uninstall your vid card, reboot. Reinstall your geforce drivers, reboot, and see if 3DTV Play logo is present in CP. The software should detect your nvidia emitter and install 3DTV Play. If still no logo, try the nvidia driver sweeper found at guru3D.com. Since the nvidia USB controller is being detected under device manager, seems unlikely it's a hardware problem.
BTW, even though your TV doesn't support CB for 3D gaming, you can still have superior PC pixel packing mode for 2D. Samsung forces you into Video mode by default, have you switched to PC mode?
I think something is messed up in your registry. Go to device manager > display adaptor and uninstall your vid card, reboot. Reinstall your geforce drivers, reboot, and see if 3DTV Play logo is present in CP. The software should detect your nvidia emitter and install 3DTV Play. If still no logo, try the nvidia driver sweeper found at guru3D.com. Since the nvidia USB controller is being detected under device manager, seems unlikely it's a hardware problem.

BTW, even though your TV doesn't support CB for 3D gaming, you can still have superior PC pixel packing mode for 2D. Samsung forces you into Video mode by default, have you switched to PC mode?

Posted 06/02/2011 02:32 PM   
I reinstalled the driver as you suggested, doesn't help.
Nvidia driver sweeper is unavailable at guru3d, it is discontinued.
I reformated my hard drive and installed windows 7 64 bit, then installed latest 275.33 driver. Still the same.
I tried another computer with GTX 260, still the same.
I tried installing 3dtv play 14days trial, still the same.
I'm giving up, maybe the new tv is just not supported yet.
I can't remember clearly but to my memory, I've seen the 3DTV Play logo in the Nvidia control panel before.
Maybe it is broken after I updated my tv firmware via online update and Nvidia has not supported the new tv firmware yet.
I reinstalled the driver as you suggested, doesn't help.

Nvidia driver sweeper is unavailable at guru3d, it is discontinued.

I reformated my hard drive and installed windows 7 64 bit, then installed latest 275.33 driver. Still the same.

I tried another computer with GTX 260, still the same.

I tried installing 3dtv play 14days trial, still the same.

I'm giving up, maybe the new tv is just not supported yet.

I can't remember clearly but to my memory, I've seen the 3DTV Play logo in the Nvidia control panel before.

Maybe it is broken after I updated my tv firmware via online update and Nvidia has not supported the new tv firmware yet.

Posted 06/04/2011 05:53 AM   
Is the problem you can't get the 3DTV PLay logo, or is the problem you can't get anything in 3D?.
Others are having no problem with their 2011 Samsung TVs. Install 3D Vision CD1.33 from the Nvidia site. After you run the set up Wizard you will see the three choices for 3D Vision in the CP panel. The results of this experiment will tell you where the problem lies.
Is the problem you can't get the 3DTV PLay logo, or is the problem you can't get anything in 3D?.

Others are having no problem with their 2011 Samsung TVs. Install 3D Vision CD1.33 from the Nvidia site. After you run the set up Wizard you will see the three choices for 3D Vision in the CP panel. The results of this experiment will tell you where the problem lies.

Posted 06/04/2011 02:20 PM   
I can play blu-ray 3D with total media theatre 5 in 3D mode. Running the big nvidia logo 3D test application from the nv control panel is also ok. But I don't get the 3DTV Play logo and no games come in 3D mode. The 3D vision CD is not available from Nvidia anymore, it is bundled with the video card diver from version 270.
I can play blu-ray 3D with total media theatre 5 in 3D mode. Running the big nvidia logo 3D test application from the nv control panel is also ok. But I don't get the 3DTV Play logo and no games come in 3D mode. The 3D vision CD is not available from Nvidia anymore, it is bundled with the video card diver from version 270.

Posted 06/04/2011 09:40 PM   
[quote name='ragerma' date='04 June 2011 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1307223646' post='1247420']
[/quote]
CD1.33 is in the archives. Go here and select 3D Vision as "product type/Series". Hit 'search' and you will see CD1.33

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

After installation/reboot, you either will/will not be able run the Set up Wizard. Either way, we isolate your problem.

After the attempt, you reinstall your current drivers. Or possibly better, you create a Win 7 restore point before you install CD1.33
[quote name='ragerma' date='04 June 2011 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1307223646' post='1247420']

CD1.33 is in the archives. Go here and select 3D Vision as "product type/Series". Hit 'search' and you will see CD1.33

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

After installation/reboot, you either will/will not be able run the Set up Wizard. Either way, we isolate your problem.

After the attempt, you reinstall your current drivers. Or possibly better, you create a Win 7 restore point before you install CD1.33

Posted 06/04/2011 10:46 PM   
I intalled CD 1.33, still get no 3DTV Play logo. When I run the set up Wizard I can see three choices for my 3D display which are CRT TV, DLP TV and 3D Vision Dicover. This is what I expected, the old driver does not work with my new TV.
I intalled CD 1.33, still get no 3DTV Play logo. When I run the set up Wizard I can see three choices for my 3D display which are CRT TV, DLP TV and 3D Vision Dicover. This is what I expected, the old driver does not work with my new TV.

Posted 06/13/2011 05:40 AM   
Hi,
can you try [url="http://blog.bagearon.com/?p=38"]this[/url] edid overide.

[quote]FIX: NVIDIA 3DTV PLAY Samsung 3d Plasma or other unsupported model
[/quote]
Hi,

can you try this edid overide.

FIX: NVIDIA 3DTV PLAY Samsung 3d Plasma or other unsupported model

Sabertooth z773770k @ 4.2ghz 1.2v / Noctua Nh-d14 Msi gtx 970 Gaming Vertex 4 2x Vector 128gb2x4gb Crucial smart tracers 2133mhz Corsair hx v2 850w HafX Case + Full set of Demciflex filters Sony 8505 4k 3d

Posted 06/13/2011 07:11 AM   
[quote name='ragerma' date='12 June 2011 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1307943605' post='1251067']
[/quote]
Installing CD1.33 was just an experiment to help figure out your problem. 1.33 does not contain 3DTV Play, it has only 3D Vision as you have reported. Lack of 3DTV Play is not your main problem. Before you do anything else, you must put your Samsung in PC graphics mode.
All TV makers are aware that there's a big difference between broadcast Video and PC Graphics. That's why all brands including Samsung provide a special PC graphics processing mode for use of HDTVs as a computer monitor. But here's the rub: Because Framepacking is the mandatory 3D mode for broadcast 3D transmission, all Tvs auto switch from optimized PC mode to undesireable broadcast Video mode whenever a Framepacking mode is doing the 3D. So you launch a game in Framepacking (3DTV Play) and the TV puts you in Video mode and there's nothing you can do to stop it. The TV processes Call of Duty Black Ops as though it were an episode of Desperate Housewives.

Even though your TV is not a candidate for 3D Vision, you can still benefit from this superior processing mode in 2D. All Samsung TVs offer PC mode, but they are set to Video mode by default. To get top quality images in 2D, you must manually put your TV into PC mode. I'll tell you how to do this if you don't know how.

Since you are getting the 3D Vision choices in CP, next step is to try current geforce drivers. If still no 3DTV Play logo, try this custom .inf I designed to restore 3DTV Play.
[quote name='ragerma' date='12 June 2011 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1307943605' post='1251067']

Installing CD1.33 was just an experiment to help figure out your problem. 1.33 does not contain 3DTV Play, it has only 3D Vision as you have reported. Lack of 3DTV Play is not your main problem. Before you do anything else, you must put your Samsung in PC graphics mode.

All TV makers are aware that there's a big difference between broadcast Video and PC Graphics. That's why all brands including Samsung provide a special PC graphics processing mode for use of HDTVs as a computer monitor. But here's the rub: Because Framepacking is the mandatory 3D mode for broadcast 3D transmission, all Tvs auto switch from optimized PC mode to undesireable broadcast Video mode whenever a Framepacking mode is doing the 3D. So you launch a game in Framepacking (3DTV Play) and the TV puts you in Video mode and there's nothing you can do to stop it. The TV processes Call of Duty Black Ops as though it were an episode of Desperate Housewives.

Even though your TV is not a candidate for 3D Vision, you can still benefit from this superior processing mode in 2D. All Samsung TVs offer PC mode, but they are set to Video mode by default. To get top quality images in 2D, you must manually put your TV into PC mode. I'll tell you how to do this if you don't know how.

Since you are getting the 3D Vision choices in CP, next step is to try current geforce drivers. If still no 3DTV Play logo, try this custom .inf I designed to restore 3DTV Play.

Posted 06/13/2011 02:28 PM   
[/quote]

Posted 06/13/2011 02:28 PM   
this is the same issue i am having with my new 2011 D8000.

i am confused with the reference to the usb emitter since i am not using one of those.

the 3dtvplay worked fine on my 20103d samsung c7000 tv.

all my options are greyed out on the control panel and its asking me to buy 3dtv play despite already having it installed.

i am confused with the reference to the usb emitter since i am not using one of those.

all my options are greyed out on the control panel and its asking me to buy 3dtv play despite already having it installed.

Posted 07/05/2011 11:59 PM   
[quote name='sunshinewelly' date='05 July 2011 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1309910356' post='1260539']

[/quote]
The reference is that the nvidia emitter is necessary to access 3DTV Play if you have not purchased an activation license from nvidia. If 3DTV Play worked fine and now all you did was change TVs, sounds like the activation detected a different TV and this caused 3DTV Play to stop working.
[quote name='sunshinewelly' date='05 July 2011 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1309910356' post='1260539']

The reference is that the nvidia emitter is necessary to access 3DTV Play if you have not purchased an activation license from nvidia. If 3DTV Play worked fine and now all you did was change TVs, sounds like the activation detected a different TV and this caused 3DTV Play to stop working.

Posted 07/06/2011 12:23 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top