YouTube 3D
  6 / 7    
[quote name='PatrickB@NVIDIA' date='05 August 2011 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1312536703' post='1275148']
Google made some changes to the YouTube 3D servers yesterday to address some issues, so please go ahead and give this another try!

Please note that YouTube has not yet added the HTML5 support to the Channel pages so don't forget to click on the [i][b]'Try 3D on the main YouTube video page' [/b][/i]link when you see the [b][i]'HTML5 video is not available on this page'[/i][/b] message!

Also, please remember that YouTube 3D clips containing advertizing are also not yet available in HTML5 mode (needed for 3DVision)...

Patrick
[/quote]This worked for me! YouTube 3D is running now...finally. Thank you guys!

Silverlight is not running yet...but who needs silverlight? :D
[quote name='PatrickB@NVIDIA' date='05 August 2011 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1312536703' post='1275148']

Google made some changes to the YouTube 3D servers yesterday to address some issues, so please go ahead and give this another try!

Please note that YouTube has not yet added the HTML5 support to the Channel pages so don't forget to click on the 'Try 3D on the main YouTube video page' link when you see the 'HTML5 video is not available on this page' message!

Also, please remember that YouTube 3D clips containing advertizing are also not yet available in HTML5 mode (needed for 3DVision)...

Patrick

This worked for me! YouTube 3D is running now...finally. Thank you guys!

Posted 08/09/2011 09:05 PM   
[quote name='guycalledfrank' date='09 August 2011 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1312923943' post='1277171']

[/quote]

Well I'm glad it's working for you guys, but I'm still having problems, even with the latest updates ([i]280.26[/i])!

Currently getting the following message with every 3D video I attempt to watch with Nvidia 3D vision:

"[i]HTML 5 video is not available on this page. You may try viewing it on the main YouTube video page[/i]"

In which I pursue that link, but it plays it back in side-by-side. I click on the 3D settings again and it takes be back to where I started again.

Any suggestions?
[quote name='guycalledfrank' date='09 August 2011 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1312923943' post='1277171']

Well I'm glad it's working for you guys, but I'm still having problems, even with the latest updates (280.26)!

Currently getting the following message with every 3D video I attempt to watch with Nvidia 3D vision:

"HTML 5 video is not available on this page. You may try viewing it on the main YouTube video page"

In which I pursue that link, but it plays it back in side-by-side. I click on the 3D settings again and it takes be back to where I started again.

Any suggestions?

Posted 08/12/2011 07:35 PM   
Also just updated Nvidia 3D vision Video Player and added a whole bunch of other codecs, splitters and decoders to it's list, with no avail.
Also just updated Nvidia 3D vision Video Player and added a whole bunch of other codecs, splitters and decoders to it's list, with no avail.

Posted 08/12/2011 07:50 PM   
I've got the latest driver, 280.26, 1.72 Player, FFox 5, and can not get other 3D Youtubes to play. I get the dudes in the Coke/Mentos rocket, boy tired of looking at that one, but can't get any other 3d, ie, mine, to play even though my vid is coming up 3D and get side by side and single vid with red/cyan glasses. Each time I try to fire up the html5, I get the rocket, go back to mine and get side/side.

3d at geforce works fine.

Cyberlink Ultra 11, etc. all fine.

The Instruction Sticky at the top is out of date.

Asus r3Black, 990X, 3 X gtx 580.

Note::this is not my surround machine that doesn't work with 3d surround current drivers. that one is R3, 980X 3X480. Still waiting in that forum for some info.

Thanks,
I've got the latest driver, 280.26, 1.72 Player, FFox 5, and can not get other 3D Youtubes to play. I get the dudes in the Coke/Mentos rocket, boy tired of looking at that one, but can't get any other 3d, ie, mine, to play even though my vid is coming up 3D and get side by side and single vid with red/cyan glasses. Each time I try to fire up the html5, I get the rocket, go back to mine and get side/side.

Note::this is not my surround machine that doesn't work with 3d surround current drivers. that one is R3, 980X 3X480. Still waiting in that forum for some info.

Thanks,

Posted 08/15/2011 04:54 PM   
[quote name='djb' date='15 August 2011 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1313427284' post='1279641']

Thanks,
[/quote]

Ok, I got it up and running. Honestly not sure what I did. I just uploaded my first vid from a Sony HD10 to my site and it works. Kudo's Nvidia folks! I can confirm it works in sli also. I have dual screens on this machine and both screens were live. One screen with FFOX in "almost" full screen. It fills the screen but I still have the menu bars at the top. Great start.

Curious, when I start up Youtube and go to a regular vid, the 3d emitter doesn't fire up, then I go to my site, play a 2d and all stays the same. I click on my 3d vid, the emitter and glasses fire up fine, play the vid in 3d. I go back to a 2d, and the emitter stays fired up. What is the trigger to get the emitter to start up and my side/side video to be displayed as a 3d vid? Is that a trigger from Youtube to the device?

Anyway,

Thank you.

EDIT - a bit choppy even at lower res, but great start. Probably a vid/sony upload issue via their Picture Motion Browser software. Have to do it that way as direct upload to YouTube sends single image. ---not Internet connection, got 25 mps DL.
[quote name='djb' date='15 August 2011 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1313427284' post='1279641']

Thanks,

Ok, I got it up and running. Honestly not sure what I did. I just uploaded my first vid from a Sony HD10 to my site and it works. Kudo's Nvidia folks! I can confirm it works in sli also. I have dual screens on this machine and both screens were live. One screen with FFOX in "almost" full screen. It fills the screen but I still have the menu bars at the top. Great start.

Curious, when I start up Youtube and go to a regular vid, the 3d emitter doesn't fire up, then I go to my site, play a 2d and all stays the same. I click on my 3d vid, the emitter and glasses fire up fine, play the vid in 3d. I go back to a 2d, and the emitter stays fired up. What is the trigger to get the emitter to start up and my side/side video to be displayed as a 3d vid? Is that a trigger from Youtube to the device?

Anyway,

Thank you.

EDIT - a bit choppy even at lower res, but great start. Probably a vid/sony upload issue via their Picture Motion Browser software. Have to do it that way as direct upload to YouTube sends single image. ---not Internet connection, got 25 mps DL.

Posted 08/16/2011 02:18 AM   
I've been trying this since day-one and it has never worked. Getting the same "HTML5 3D Not Available" message. I pass all of the requirements and the Nvidia check page as well. I've been patiently waiting and updating browsers and drivers as they are released, but it still doesn't work. I have tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and re-installing every revision since 2.75. None of the videos or photos on 3dvisionlive.com work either. It doesn't even work after I manually force it to 3D mode in the resolutions selection box in the control panel. Here's my current configuration:

Core i5-2500K
Windows 7 Ultimate
Firefox 6.0
NVidia Drivers 280.26
GT430 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 -> Samsung UN55C8000
No SLI, No second monitor

I've tried the mentos+Coke video and every youtube clip linked from everyone.

HELP!!!
I've been trying this since day-one and it has never worked. Getting the same "HTML5 3D Not Available" message. I pass all of the requirements and the Nvidia check page as well. I've been patiently waiting and updating browsers and drivers as they are released, but it still doesn't work. I have tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and re-installing every revision since 2.75. None of the videos or photos on 3dvisionlive.com work either. It doesn't even work after I manually force it to 3D mode in the resolutions selection box in the control panel. Here's my current configuration:

Core i5-2500K

Windows 7 Ultimate

Firefox 6.0

NVidia Drivers 280.26

HELP!!!

Posted 08/19/2011 04:40 AM   
[quote][quote name='ken830' date='19 August 2011 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1313728833' post='1281316']

Core i5-2500K
Windows 7 Ultimate
Firefox 6.0
NVidia Drivers 280.26

HELP!!!
[/quote][/quote]

Hi everyone, I've got the same problem, this is my current configuration:

Core i5-2400M
Windows 7 Ultiimate 64 bit updated
Firefox 6.0 Aurora
Nvidia drivers 280.26 WHQL
Nvidia gtx570 -> Panasonic TX-GT20 AND NVIDIA 3DTV PLAY activated and fully working with games and 3D Blu-ray
No SLI, No second monitor, my pc is a desktop

I can also say that on 3dvision live.com ,I've been trying for ages both photos and videos(I've got silverlight 4.0 updated and working), but it seems the software 3d just isn't active at all. Regarding Youtube my situation has been perfectly sumpted by this user:
[quote]When I click on " Try 3d on the main youtube video page " I get taken to the link which is playing side by side. I then click 3d under the video which brings up the options HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision etc, choosing HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision then takes me to the coke mentos video titled " Select your 3d viewing device " with HTML5 3d unavailable, try viewing on the main youtube video page, writen across the video and the options again below to choose HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision etc, choosing this option just moves the page up to the video with the error message on, clicking on the try 3d on the main youtube video page takes me back to coke mentos video side by side, i then click 3d under the video which brings up the options HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision etc..........
...it just goes in a loop /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> [/quote]
In adddition no one of the solution recently posted had any effects on my issue, such as reinstalling the drivers, changing version of the browser and keeping open a 3D tab of 3Dvision live had any effects on my issue.

Thank you very much for the support,
Richard

[s]Edit:I've attached some screenshots to help nvidia team to solve this troublesome bug.[/s]
I've finally solved the problem. Now Photos, videos and youtube clips are fully working in 3D! It was necessary only unistalling completely any nvdia graphic driver and reinstall the newest 280.26. I hope this can help other users.
[quote name='ken830' date='19 August 2011 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1313728833' post='1281316']

Core i5-2500K

Windows 7 Ultimate

Firefox 6.0

NVidia Drivers 280.26

HELP!!!

Hi everyone, I've got the same problem, this is my current configuration:

Core i5-2400M

Windows 7 Ultiimate 64 bit updated

Firefox 6.0 Aurora

Nvidia drivers 280.26 WHQL

Nvidia gtx570 -> Panasonic TX-GT20 AND NVIDIA 3DTV PLAY activated and fully working with games and 3D Blu-ray

No SLI, No second monitor, my pc is a desktop

I can also say that on 3dvision live.com ,I've been trying for ages both photos and videos(I've got silverlight 4.0 updated and working), but it seems the software 3d just isn't active at all. Regarding Youtube my situation has been perfectly sumpted by this user:

When I click on " Try 3d on the main youtube video page " I get taken to the link which is playing side by side. I then click 3d under the video which brings up the options HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision etc, choosing HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision then takes me to the coke mentos video titled " Select your 3d viewing device " with HTML5 3d unavailable, try viewing on the main youtube video page, writen across the video and the options again below to choose HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision etc, choosing this option just moves the page up to the video with the error message on, clicking on the try 3d on the main youtube video page takes me back to coke mentos video side by side, i then click 3d under the video which brings up the options HTML5 Stereo view - Nvidia 3d vision etc..........

...it just goes in a loop /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

In adddition no one of the solution recently posted had any effects on my issue, such as reinstalling the drivers, changing version of the browser and keeping open a 3D tab of 3Dvision live had any effects on my issue.

Thank you very much for the support,

Richard

Edit:I've attached some screenshots to help nvidia team to solve this troublesome bug.

I've finally solved the problem. Now Photos, videos and youtube clips are fully working in 3D! It was necessary only unistalling completely any nvdia graphic driver and reinstall the newest 280.26. I hope this can help other users.

Posted 08/24/2011 10:21 AM   
[quote name='devian95' date='24 August 2011 - 03:21 AM' timestamp='1314181269' post='1283517']
[/quote]

After reading your post, I decided to give it yet another try. I uninstalled every Nvidia item in the programs list, restarted the PC, re-installed the 280.26 drivers, and restarted the PC again.

There is -some- progress.... Youtube still does not work, but the 3D images and videos on the 3dvisionlive.com sort of work. They are obviously in 3D mode, but I see a side-by-side image in my right eye and a very dim (maybe just due to ghosting) side-by-side image in my left eye. ARGH!!!! getting close, but still useless.... Someone HELP!!
[quote name='devian95' date='24 August 2011 - 03:21 AM' timestamp='1314181269' post='1283517']

After reading your post, I decided to give it yet another try. I uninstalled every Nvidia item in the programs list, restarted the PC, re-installed the 280.26 drivers, and restarted the PC again.

There is -some- progress.... Youtube still does not work, but the 3D images and videos on the 3dvisionlive.com sort of work. They are obviously in 3D mode, but I see a side-by-side image in my right eye and a very dim (maybe just due to ghosting) side-by-side image in my left eye. ARGH!!!! getting close, but still useless.... Someone HELP!!

Posted 08/25/2011 06:44 AM   
[quote name='Arioch' date='30 July 2011 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1312025945' post='1272610']
I fixed by problem by re-enabling hardware acceleration in Firefox. The weird thing is that the 3D Vision Live videos play fine without it enabled but Youtube apparently needs it turned on. I really hate how the hardware acceleration makes the text blurry though...
[/quote]

This sorted it for me too! Could do with being added to the FAQ i think, but really it shouldn't be a requirement as there are many of us who cant focus on them aliased fonts :(
[quote name='Arioch' date='30 July 2011 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1312025945' post='1272610']

I fixed by problem by re-enabling hardware acceleration in Firefox. The weird thing is that the 3D Vision Live videos play fine without it enabled but Youtube apparently needs it turned on. I really hate how the hardware acceleration makes the text blurry though...

This sorted it for me too! Could do with being added to the FAQ i think, but really it shouldn't be a requirement as there are many of us who cant focus on them aliased fonts :(

Posted 08/28/2011 04:30 PM   
Vista Support, SLI support? When?

It's like needing the alignment of the planets to get this stuff working, the requirements are ridiculous. I keep checking back here every couple of months, but nothing...
I don't really play that many games in 3D any more so it would be nice to use it for some other entertainment purposes, this 3d Vision Live and You Tube 3D would be perfect.

Are you going to add Vista support for this? Please tell me Nvidia is not dropping Vista support already. Vista and 7 are technically the same so I don't see why support is so long coming, other than maybe not wanting to spend money on developing for more than one OS...Much the same way there was no 3Dvision driver for XP upon release, I guess. I really hope this is not the case.

Any developer have info or ETA on these issues?
Vista Support, SLI support? When?

It's like needing the alignment of the planets to get this stuff working, the requirements are ridiculous. I keep checking back here every couple of months, but nothing...

I don't really play that many games in 3D any more so it would be nice to use it for some other entertainment purposes, this 3d Vision Live and You Tube 3D would be perfect.

Are you going to add Vista support for this? Please tell me Nvidia is not dropping Vista support already. Vista and 7 are technically the same so I don't see why support is so long coming, other than maybe not wanting to spend money on developing for more than one OS...Much the same way there was no 3Dvision driver for XP upon release, I guess. I really hope this is not the case.

Any developer have info or ETA on these issues?

Posted 09/04/2011 04:24 PM   
Ok, Youtube 3D quit working...

3D works for Everything Else, including Nvidia Live.

Firefox was updated to 6.1, acceleration turned off then back on, rebooted, etc.

I checked add-ins, all plugins up to date,

Also listed are Nvidia 3D Vision Streaming Plugin, and Vision Plugin.

Presume a Youtube/Firefox issue or my system. I've read the thread and checked everything, driver 280.26, win 7, gtx 480.

Other folks have same issue?
Ok, Youtube 3D quit working...

3D works for Everything Else, including Nvidia Live.

Firefox was updated to 6.1, acceleration turned off then back on, rebooted, etc.

I checked add-ins, all plugins up to date,

Also listed are Nvidia 3D Vision Streaming Plugin, and Vision Plugin.

Presume a Youtube/Firefox issue or my system. I've read the thread and checked everything, driver 280.26, win 7, gtx 480.

Other folks have same issue?

Posted 09/05/2011 09:51 PM   
I have a Satellite A665-3D12X and Toshiba's driver only supports up to 265.89 for my M540 card. I've looked around here for a while to see if there is a way to get 3d youtube working to no avail. I've tried updating my drivers to the most current ones for my card but that only seems to break all my 3d viewing capabilities. If anyone else is having the same problem or has solved it any help would be greatly appreciated. I really hope I don't have to wait for Toshiba to come up with their own 275.27+ driver because I feel it might not happen. Thanks!

Edit: Ok, never mind :P I installed the latest beta and it seems to work... a bit laggy but it works none the less
I have a Satellite A665-3D12X and Toshiba's driver only supports up to 265.89 for my M540 card. I've looked around here for a while to see if there is a way to get 3d youtube working to no avail. I've tried updating my drivers to the most current ones for my card but that only seems to break all my 3d viewing capabilities. If anyone else is having the same problem or has solved it any help would be greatly appreciated. I really hope I don't have to wait for Toshiba to come up with their own 275.27+ driver because I feel it might not happen. Thanks!

Edit: Ok, never mind :P I installed the latest beta and it seems to work... a bit laggy but it works none the less

Posted 09/15/2011 06:50 PM   
With the latest Beta Update, YouTube 3D FINALLY works (kinda_ with my Nvidia 3D vision kit.

...however with that, a new problem arises, whether it's to do with YouTube or some settings that can be adjusted on my part. But most videos I've seen have the left and right images reversed so displayed videos are inverted in depth and REALLY stretched out horizontally, well at least with the videos I've posted on YouTube.

Some videos do display 3D properly though, most of them out of Japan using Sony's cameras. some are reversed and stretched (mine specifically, I don't know why, even after applying the yt3d:swap=true tag with no change to the video.) and some videos just don't work period, like you click on it and it tells you that HTML5 is unavailable.

Which makes me wonder is there a specific file format or setup to upload 3D movies to YouTube properly?

I'll be happy to provide any new information if needed on this weird issue, because this certainly has my head scratching.
With the latest Beta Update, YouTube 3D FINALLY works (kinda_ with my Nvidia 3D vision kit.

...however with that, a new problem arises, whether it's to do with YouTube or some settings that can be adjusted on my part. But most videos I've seen have the left and right images reversed so displayed videos are inverted in depth and REALLY stretched out horizontally, well at least with the videos I've posted on YouTube.

Some videos do display 3D properly though, most of them out of Japan using Sony's cameras. some are reversed and stretched (mine specifically, I don't know why, even after applying the yt3d:swap=true tag with no change to the video.) and some videos just don't work period, like you click on it and it tells you that HTML5 is unavailable.

Which makes me wonder is there a specific file format or setup to upload 3D movies to YouTube properly?

I'll be happy to provide any new information if needed on this weird issue, because this certainly has my head scratching.

Posted 09/24/2011 08:54 PM   
Also Anaglyph and other 3D viewing modes work just fine, it's just with my videos specifically on HTML5 3D viewing mode that the picture is stretched horizontally and depth inverted (left and right images swapped) without any option to adjust it it seems.
Also Anaglyph and other 3D viewing modes work just fine, it's just with my videos specifically on HTML5 3D viewing mode that the picture is stretched horizontally and depth inverted (left and right images swapped) without any option to adjust it it seems.

Posted 09/24/2011 11:26 PM   
Alright I managed to get it working. First of all the firefox executable HAS to be named firefox.exe or it won't work. Mine was called palemoon.exe because that is the version of firefox I use, so I had to make a copy of it and name that firefox.exe and start that one. Then I had to disable the monitor on my 8800GT. I'm running 2 GTX280's in SLI with a monitor and my projector connected. Apart from that I also have a 8800GT to which one monitor is connected atm. I had to disable that display otherwise youtube 3d didn't work. When either of these "issues" are present I only get a side-by-side view. Also I currently have SLI disabled, so I still have to test with SLI on.

EDIT: Ok it also works with SLI enabled. Having to disable the monitor on the 8800GT gives me another problem though. That monitor is connected through HDMI to my receiver. Without the monitor present the receiver won't give sound. I suppose I can swap the other monitor to connect through HDMI, but this is just annoying.

@NVIDIA devs: Could you please fix both these issues?

EDIT2: Uggh now I remember. If I have a monitor connected through HDMI to the GTX280's the damn drivers start assuming it's a TV and suddenly don't support proper resolutions, where it works fine from the 8800GT. Seriously fix your drivers already!

EDIT3: Managed to somewhat fix the last problem by using an EDID override. When changing monitor configuration (disabling or enabling the monitor on the 8800GT) it seems to change resolution from the native 1600x1200 to 1600x1024 though and then I need to set that correctly again, so much effort /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
Alright I managed to get it working. First of all the firefox executable HAS to be named firefox.exe or it won't work. Mine was called palemoon.exe because that is the version of firefox I use, so I had to make a copy of it and name that firefox.exe and start that one. Then I had to disable the monitor on my 8800GT. I'm running 2 GTX280's in SLI with a monitor and my projector connected. Apart from that I also have a 8800GT to which one monitor is connected atm. I had to disable that display otherwise youtube 3d didn't work. When either of these "issues" are present I only get a side-by-side view. Also I currently have SLI disabled, so I still have to test with SLI on.

EDIT: Ok it also works with SLI enabled. Having to disable the monitor on the 8800GT gives me another problem though. That monitor is connected through HDMI to my receiver. Without the monitor present the receiver won't give sound. I suppose I can swap the other monitor to connect through HDMI, but this is just annoying.

@NVIDIA devs: Could you please fix both these issues?

EDIT2: Uggh now I remember. If I have a monitor connected through HDMI to the GTX280's the damn drivers start assuming it's a TV and suddenly don't support proper resolutions, where it works fine from the 8800GT. Seriously fix your drivers already!

EDIT3: Managed to somewhat fix the last problem by using an EDID override. When changing monitor configuration (disabling or enabling the monitor on the 8800GT) it seems to change resolution from the native 1600x1200 to 1600x1024 though and then I need to set that correctly again, so much effort /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Current Rig: |Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, EVGA X58 Classified 4-way SLI, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670| -> |Acer H5360 + Nvidia 3D Vision|

Posted 09/27/2011 07:40 PM   
  6 / 7    
Scroll To Top