So tired of not being able to find PC games in stores
  1 / 3    
Here I am wanting to buy DIRT 3 and I can't find it anywhere other than steam... come on... is the PC gaming community not important enough for the retail stores? I am just getting so tired of not being able to buy the original pc games. I don't mind downloading, but it takes time and I would rather prefer go to the store, pick it up, then install it.

I just had to vent but I wish the retail stores would realize that we too enjoy the games and we play them on PC so we can benefit of better graphics.
Here I am wanting to buy DIRT 3 and I can't find it anywhere other than steam... come on... is the PC gaming community not important enough for the retail stores? I am just getting so tired of not being able to buy the original pc games. I don't mind downloading, but it takes time and I would rather prefer go to the store, pick it up, then install it.

I just had to vent but I wish the retail stores would realize that we too enjoy the games and we play them on PC so we can benefit of better graphics.

Posted 05/25/2011 12:46 PM   
Yes, I remember the days when I could walk into a computer "Software Store" and just peruse the shelves for something that looked interesting. But those days are long gone.
Yes, I remember the days when I could walk into a computer "Software Store" and just peruse the shelves for something that looked interesting. But those days are long gone.

Posted 05/28/2011 06:56 PM   
I just went to Bestbuy the other day and they were slashing their prices on a lot of PC games...Made we wonder if they ar getting away from selling pc games and just focusing on console.
I just went to Bestbuy the other day and they were slashing their prices on a lot of PC games...Made we wonder if they ar getting away from selling pc games and just focusing on console.

Posted 05/29/2011 10:19 AM   
Your may be witness to the end of an era. Futureshop has openly said they are going to stop selling music on disk also, just makes sense that hardcopys of pc games would follow suit. Most everything can be found online......for cheaper. IMO, you may not even see disks anymore only perhaps a "Box Set" limmited edition that can be sold for a ton of money as a collectors thing. For this gen of console games i dont see much changing for physical media but the PS4 could be dlc only.............lol, who am i kidding. Hardcopys will sell good for the console as the console makes a ton of money and havent the need to start looking for ways to save a buck/increase profit..........unlike pc gaming.
Your may be witness to the end of an era. Futureshop has openly said they are going to stop selling music on disk also, just makes sense that hardcopys of pc games would follow suit. Most everything can be found online......for cheaper. IMO, you may not even see disks anymore only perhaps a "Box Set" limmited edition that can be sold for a ton of money as a collectors thing. For this gen of console games i dont see much changing for physical media but the PS4 could be dlc only.............lol, who am i kidding. Hardcopys will sell good for the console as the console makes a ton of money and havent the need to start looking for ways to save a buck/increase profit..........unlike pc gaming.
Posted 05/29/2011 02:04 PM   
I have Steam and I love it, but downloading takes times and if I want a game to play for the weekend I don't like having to spend 1/2 of my weekend waiting for said game to download. Still, Best Buy here has a reasonably good selection of recent PC titles. I got Portal 2 for $29.99 the other day.
I have Steam and I love it, but downloading takes times and if I want a game to play for the weekend I don't like having to spend 1/2 of my weekend waiting for said game to download. Still, Best Buy here has a reasonably good selection of recent PC titles. I got Portal 2 for $29.99 the other day.

Case: Antec 1200

PSU: Corsair AX850 850W

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @4GHz 1.352v cooled w. Xigmatek Thor's Hammer

RAM: 2x4GB G. Skill Sniper Series DDR3-1866 @1910MHz 9-10-9-28 2T 1.5v 2:10 FSB:DRAM

MB: ASUS Maximus III Formula Intel P55

HD: WD Velociraptor 160GB (Boot), WD Caviar Black 750GB (all my junk)

OD: ASUS Blu-Ray

GPU: 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD

Peripherals: Logitech G510 keyboard, Logitech G500 laser mouse, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers, Gateway FPD2485W 24'' monitor

Posted 05/29/2011 03:37 PM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='29 May 2011 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1306677863' post='1243891']
For this gen of console games i dont see much changing for physical media but the PS4 could be dlc only.............lol, who am i kidding. Hardcopys will sell good for the console as the console makes a ton of money and havent the need to start looking for ways to save a buck/increase profit..........unlike pc gaming.
[/quote]
It doesn't really matter if there isn't a need to find a way to increase profitability of console games, the next gen will definitely be moving towards digital delivery of most games as well. Digital distribution allows game companies to eliminate the possibility of second hand sales and it's far ore profitable to boot. There's already a huge number of games for PC and consoles that are already only available via digital distribution, and that number is only going to keep increasing.
[quote name='cravinmild' date='29 May 2011 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1306677863' post='1243891']

For this gen of console games i dont see much changing for physical media but the PS4 could be dlc only.............lol, who am i kidding. Hardcopys will sell good for the console as the console makes a ton of money and havent the need to start looking for ways to save a buck/increase profit..........unlike pc gaming.

It doesn't really matter if there isn't a need to find a way to increase profitability of console games, the next gen will definitely be moving towards digital delivery of most games as well. Digital distribution allows game companies to eliminate the possibility of second hand sales and it's far ore profitable to boot. There's already a huge number of games for PC and consoles that are already only available via digital distribution, and that number is only going to keep increasing.

Posted 05/30/2011 08:38 AM   
I also have steam and love the deals they are offering, it is just the downloading part that gets me and I do enjoy some of the artwork they do on the cases. I have to admit that I have been irritated by the pricing for some PC games (especially when you just download the game). $59.99, are you kidding...for a download...come on, if you are not going to give me the box, the cd, and the manual, at least drop the price by $20.00.
I also have steam and love the deals they are offering, it is just the downloading part that gets me and I do enjoy some of the artwork they do on the cases. I have to admit that I have been irritated by the pricing for some PC games (especially when you just download the game). $59.99, are you kidding...for a download...come on, if you are not going to give me the box, the cd, and the manual, at least drop the price by $20.00.

Posted 05/30/2011 10:46 AM   
[quote name='Genesis1' date='29 May 2011 - 06:19 AM' timestamp='1306664375' post='1243824'][i]I just went to Bestbuy the other day and they were slashing their prices on a lot of PC games...Made we wonder if they ar getting away from selling pc games and just focusing on console.[/i][/quote]
Yes — they are. The local Best Buys here dropped three of their four aisles of PC-related software, to include apps outside of games, and the manager of one told me that they are moving towards those games that are MMO only so they can play with the consolers...
[quote name='Genesis1' date='29 May 2011 - 06:19 AM' timestamp='1306664375' post='1243824']I just went to Bestbuy the other day and they were slashing their prices on a lot of PC games...Made we wonder if they ar getting away from selling pc games and just focusing on console.

Yes — they are. The local Best Buys here dropped three of their four aisles of PC-related software, to include apps outside of games, and the manager of one told me that they are moving towards those games that are MMO only so they can play with the consolers...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 05/30/2011 11:43 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' date='30 May 2011 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1306755794' post='1244284']
[/quote]

so my feeling was right...well, I guess I will shop around bestbuy and snag games at their lowest prices /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> some good out of all that. The one I went to is down to two aisles, one only for MMO (WOW, rift, etc...) the other one does not have much of new stuff. Got darksiders for $14.99 (good game). Just got AC brotherhood for $29.99 at frys electronic (they are also reducing their inventory.
[quote name='jaafaman' date='30 May 2011 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1306755794' post='1244284']

so my feeling was right...well, I guess I will shop around bestbuy and snag games at their lowest prices /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> some good out of all that. The one I went to is down to two aisles, one only for MMO (WOW, rift, etc...) the other one does not have much of new stuff. Got darksiders for $14.99 (good game). Just got AC brotherhood for $29.99 at frys electronic (they are also reducing their inventory.

Posted 05/31/2011 12:34 PM   
Order your games online, they are cheaper that way anyway.

e-tailers do not have to pay the overhead on staff and shop space etc, so the games are always 20 dollars cheaper or more.

Alternatively, you can download a pirated version of the game (full iso, not a repack) and then purchase a CD key online from one of the various online CD key stores, and they are ALWAYS much cheaper than buying it retail, and often cheaper than ordering off the net a hard copy.

That is a preferred method for me for several reasons, 1) if the game sucks balls, you can simply delete it 2) Around release time new games have alot of seeders, so the transfer speed is often faster than say, steam for example and 3) you can set it and forget it to download during your week so the game is all ready and waiting for the precious weekend!
Order your games online, they are cheaper that way anyway.

e-tailers do not have to pay the overhead on staff and shop space etc, so the games are always 20 dollars cheaper or more.

Alternatively, you can download a pirated version of the game (full iso, not a repack) and then purchase a CD key online from one of the various online CD key stores, and they are ALWAYS much cheaper than buying it retail, and often cheaper than ordering off the net a hard copy.

That is a preferred method for me for several reasons, 1) if the game sucks balls, you can simply delete it 2) Around release time new games have alot of seeders, so the transfer speed is often faster than say, steam for example and 3) you can set it and forget it to download during your week so the game is all ready and waiting for the precious weekend!

CPU: Core i7 930 @ 4.20ghz 1.3v cooled by Antec Kuhler 920

MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium

GFX: 2x Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CUII @ 900mhz Core 2200mhz Memory

RAM: Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 6gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 2t

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt

CASE: Antec 1200

APU: X-fi Titanium Fatality SPEAKERS: Logitech X-530 5.1

HDD: 1x OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD GAMES 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb in RAID 0

DISPLAY: Acer H243HX 24" @ 1920x1080 Resolution

KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 MOUSE: Logitech G5 WHEEL Logitech G25 JOYSTICK Logitech G940

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Posted 06/02/2011 07:03 AM   
I bought Shogun 2 from GAME for £14.99, despite having 2 DVD's it ended up installing from Steam and took nearly 10 hours to download (Still it was cheaper than the Steam weekend sale price and it runs quite nicely on my PC)
I bought Shogun 2 from GAME for £14.99, despite having 2 DVD's it ended up installing from Steam and took nearly 10 hours to download (Still it was cheaper than the Steam weekend sale price and it runs quite nicely on my PC)

EP45-DS3P; Q9650 @4.1GHz + H50 Cooler; 4G Corsair XMS2; 500G HDD; LG Blu-Ray/DVD; EVGA GTX 670 FTW; EVGA GTX480 SC (PhysX); Akasa Powermax 850W; Packard Bell Maestro 243DL (1920x1080); Win 8 Pro 64 bit

Posted 06/02/2011 09:23 AM   
yep, I will probably download a couple of games during the week so I can play over the weekend (namely, Dirt 3). The thing that is funny, I could buy the game on my PS3 but I can't help it, I have to have it for the PC so when I play online I don't have to deal with the kids playing on PS3.

Love my PC gaming :)
yep, I will probably download a couple of games during the week so I can play over the weekend (namely, Dirt 3). The thing that is funny, I could buy the game on my PS3 but I can't help it, I have to have it for the PC so when I play online I don't have to deal with the kids playing on PS3.

Love my PC gaming :)

Posted 06/02/2011 11:02 AM   
My main issue is that I'm stuck on limited downloads a month (unless I get my own internet and not share, but that would require a new phone line bieng installed which would be very pricey), although unlimited is finally available in Australia and once I move I will be sure that that is what I have.
My main issue is that I'm stuck on limited downloads a month (unless I get my own internet and not share, but that would require a new phone line bieng installed which would be very pricey), although unlimited is finally available in Australia and once I move I will be sure that that is what I have.

My First PC Set-Up for Gaming:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 [3GHz/8MB/LGA1366]

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

RAM: (x2) Corsair 6GB kit (3x XMS 2GB) DDR3 PC-12800 1600MHz

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 1TB (x2)

Graphics Card: (x2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 570 SC 1280 mb DDR5

Optical Drive: Samsung 12 Blu-ray / dvdrw combo

Case: CoolerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

Power Supply: CollerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

[url="www.blurayuser.com"]www.blurayuser.com[/url]

Posted 06/02/2011 01:18 PM   
Ya, I've noticed that alot of stores pc games shelves are shrinking. But I do know aswell alot of it is because Developers make more console games than PC games, aswell that alot of people will download a game for free instead of paying for them, which is just disrespectful to the makers of the games.
Ya, I've noticed that alot of stores pc games shelves are shrinking. But I do know aswell alot of it is because Developers make more console games than PC games, aswell that alot of people will download a game for free instead of paying for them, which is just disrespectful to the makers of the games.

Posted 07/12/2011 11:51 PM   
I have to buy games on eBay as nobody sells them here.

I am 100% legit with my games.
I have to buy games on eBay as nobody sells them here.

I am 100% legit with my games.

Posted 07/13/2011 01:09 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top