Unable to detect Nvidia HDMI Output
[ Dell XPS 14: core i7 740QM, 4GB DDR3, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 &2GB nVidia GeForce GT 425M]

It's been quite some time since i started being hellbent to get HDMI Audio output from my xps 14 on my Sony dvd home theatre system. As in, i Want to listen to get audio output on my 5.1 home theatre, from my laptop.

I connected the HDMI-toHDMI Cable to my laptop from my home theatre's component unit, switched the TV on, went to Home theatre's screen [AV2] and enabled *HDMI AUDIO*.
after that, i switched on my laptop, opened Sound, and realized that there're no "HDMI Audio Driver" or such options as such. [Even after enabling the *Show Disabled device/Show Disconnected Device* options, there're only two playback devices available, namely, Speakers- Realtek High Definition Audio, Default device& Realtek Digital Output- Realtek High Definition Audio, which is probably the S/PDIF output device, and is being shown as 'Not plugged in'.

My nvidia GeForce GT425M's drivers are up-to-date, namely the 270.61 WHQL Drivers. What am I supposed to do?

Also, there're FIVE options for *NVIDIA High Definition Audio* in the drop-down list for 'Sound, Video &Game controllers' in the Device Manager, followed by 1 option of Realtek High definition audio.[A screenshot's been attached]

why is "HDMI Output device" or something like that not being displayed under Playback Devices in Sound? What could be the reason? should i revert to the drivers provided by dell on dell's website[which got released in February]? why isn't there any device like *Nvidia HDMI Output* being displayed in 'Sound'? I hope this problem gets solved after reverting back to the old drivers..
Either way, i'm very disappointed.
Thanks in Advance.
[ Dell XPS 14: core i7 740QM, 4GB DDR3, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 &2GB nVidia GeForce GT 425M]

It's been quite some time since i started being hellbent to get HDMI Audio output from my xps 14 on my Sony dvd home theatre system. As in, i Want to listen to get audio output on my 5.1 home theatre, from my laptop.

I connected the HDMI-toHDMI Cable to my laptop from my home theatre's component unit, switched the TV on, went to Home theatre's screen [AV2] and enabled *HDMI AUDIO*.

after that, i switched on my laptop, opened Sound, and realized that there're no "HDMI Audio Driver" or such options as such. [Even after enabling the *Show Disabled device/Show Disconnected Device* options, there're only two playback devices available, namely, Speakers- Realtek High Definition Audio, Default device& Realtek Digital Output- Realtek High Definition Audio, which is probably the S/PDIF output device, and is being shown as 'Not plugged in'.

My nvidia GeForce GT425M's drivers are up-to-date, namely the 270.61 WHQL Drivers. What am I supposed to do?

Also, there're FIVE options for *NVIDIA High Definition Audio* in the drop-down list for 'Sound, Video &Game controllers' in the Device Manager, followed by 1 option of Realtek High definition audio.[A screenshot's been attached]

why is "HDMI Output device" or something like that not being displayed under Playback Devices in Sound? What could be the reason? should i revert to the drivers provided by dell on dell's website[which got released in February]? why isn't there any device like *Nvidia HDMI Output* being displayed in 'Sound'? I hope this problem gets solved after reverting back to the old drivers..

Either way, i'm very disappointed.

Thanks in Advance.
Attachments

Capture.PNG

Posted 05/25/2011 05:22 AM   
anyone?
anyone?

Posted 05/25/2011 11:11 AM   
ayush,

go to device manager and see if it is disabled there, and check if there are any issues by clicking on its properties.

r-click the speaker on taskbar and see playback devices.rclick on an empty space there and check show disabled devices.

also, if that dont work, try reinstalling drivers.

Hope it helps.
ayush,

go to device manager and see if it is disabled there, and check if there are any issues by clicking on its properties.

r-click the speaker on taskbar and see playback devices.rclick on an empty space there and check show disabled devices.

also, if that dont work, try reinstalling drivers.

Hope it helps.

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 05/25/2011 07:09 PM   
Scroll To Top