Drivers won't install. Geforce 9300M GS
Hey guys. I have an VAIO® JS All-in-one desktop PC, and for some reason, the drivers that I try downloading for my video card (Geforce 9300M GS), don't work. It says that "This driver is not compatible with this version of windows." Can anybody help me? And just in case, can somebody list the exact driver I'm supposed to be downloading? Thanks!
Hey guys. I have an VAIO® JS All-in-one desktop PC, and for some reason, the drivers that I try downloading for my video card (Geforce 9300M GS), don't work. It says that "This driver is not compatible with this version of windows." Can anybody help me? And just in case, can somebody list the exact driver I'm supposed to be downloading? Thanks!

Posted 05/20/2011 11:42 PM   
[quote name='SeverynKozak' date='20 May 2011 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1305934920' post='1240274']
[/quote]
I feel your pain. I'va had this problem since like forever. My computer is also a Sony VAIO with a Geforce 9300M GS. The automatic driver finder on the Nvidia website will always find me the 'wrong' driver and has been this way for over 12 months. I get this problem no matter what way I try to update and it is annoying to spend the time searching for the correct driver and downloading one ony to be told it is the wrong one. It would be great if we could choose the drivers from a list and not be given the wrong driver.
[quote name='SeverynKozak' date='20 May 2011 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1305934920' post='1240274']

I feel your pain. I'va had this problem since like forever. My computer is also a Sony VAIO with a Geforce 9300M GS. The automatic driver finder on the Nvidia website will always find me the 'wrong' driver and has been this way for over 12 months. I get this problem no matter what way I try to update and it is annoying to spend the time searching for the correct driver and downloading one ony to be told it is the wrong one. It would be great if we could choose the drivers from a list and not be given the wrong driver.

Posted 05/23/2011 06:39 PM   
[quote name='Justacop' date='23 May 2011 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1306175987' post='1241385']
[/quote]
I think I might have found the issue (however, this might be completely stupid. Sorry, I know little of computers). Since the Vista software acted as a sort of prototype for the Windows 7 software, it was of course pretty bad. After the launch of the Windows 7 software, I believe that the updates we've been given by Microsoft have changed some of the Vista features to Windows 7 based features. So, we're stuck with a computer that has programs and features from both software groups. Again, I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, so forgive me. (I don't know if having features from different softwares is even possible).
[quote name='Justacop' date='23 May 2011 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1306175987' post='1241385']

I think I might have found the issue (however, this might be completely stupid. Sorry, I know little of computers). Since the Vista software acted as a sort of prototype for the Windows 7 software, it was of course pretty bad. After the launch of the Windows 7 software, I believe that the updates we've been given by Microsoft have changed some of the Vista features to Windows 7 based features. So, we're stuck with a computer that has programs and features from both software groups. Again, I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, so forgive me. (I don't know if having features from different softwares is even possible).

Posted 05/24/2011 02:23 AM   
Scroll To Top