Windows update messed up my computer
OK. So I went to Windows update site and they had these 2 updates there for NVIDIA. So I updated them. Soon afterward I lost my Internet connection. Everything else seems to be fine. I just can't connect. When I check the system, it says my Ethernet Network Controller has a problem. I try to update the driver and it tries to find a file called nvefdxp.sys from a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Driver disk 1. This I don't have. I've tried to restore the system to no avail. I've checked all of the NVIDIA disks that I have and this file isn't here. It's a NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps.
Does anyone know what I should do? Where can I get this file?

It also keeps telling me that the device cannot start (code 10)
OK. So I went to Windows update site and they had these 2 updates there for NVIDIA. So I updated them. Soon afterward I lost my Internet connection. Everything else seems to be fine. I just can't connect. When I check the system, it says my Ethernet Network Controller has a problem. I try to update the driver and it tries to find a file called nvefdxp.sys from a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Driver disk 1. This I don't have. I've tried to restore the system to no avail. I've checked all of the NVIDIA disks that I have and this file isn't here. It's a NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps.

Posted 05/20/2011 01:51 PM   
[quote name='unclestink' date='20 May 2011 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1305899515' post='1240081']

[/quote]

As a note for the future, it is not generally recommended to use Windows Update for hardware device drivers (it gets it wrong far too often and MS don't always improve the driver in their packaging process). I would suggest either a System Restore to before you did the Windows Update or go to the NVIDIA website and download the correct drivers for your motherboard manually.

J
[quote name='unclestink' date='20 May 2011 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1305899515' post='1240081']

As a note for the future, it is not generally recommended to use Windows Update for hardware device drivers (it gets it wrong far too often and MS don't always improve the driver in their packaging process). I would suggest either a System Restore to before you did the Windows Update or go to the NVIDIA website and download the correct drivers for your motherboard manually.

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 05/21/2011 04:13 PM   
Scroll To Top