Acer Aspire 5920G Nvidia 8600M GS crashes in graphics appls
I have a laptop, Acer Aspire 5920G bought in Jan 2008
Intel core 2 duo T7300 (2 x 2GHz)
2GB ram
graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS memory 256MB up to 1024MB shared
I ve been using my laptop for 3 and a half years now with no problem. Since last week my laptop crashes ( the monitor goes black, freezes, and I have to force a shut down using the POWER key). This happened for the 1st time when I was playing Warcraft 3.... Ok, its not a high end game, and I ve played lots of games like the latest prince of persia and assassins creed 2, at medium quality with res 800x600 with a good framerate ( > 30fps)...
I use my laptop to:
1) play games once in a while, dont care about the graphics quality but the framerate, and never had an issue even with the latest games,
2) watch movies in BRRip quality, 720p, with bitrates more than 3000MBits in video quality,
3) connect laptop -> LCD TV (HDMI to HDMI), to watch movies in BRRip quality, 720p, with bitrates more than 3000MBits in video quality
(for movies I use KMplayer all these years)
What I noticed is that every time I start a graphics appl (game/ movie / connect to tv to watch a movie)my laptop crashes/freezes and I have to force a shut down using the POWER key, I use F8 to choose SAFE MODE, and restart my pc to see everything is fine.

I managed to view a few movies at low bitrate (700MB with video bitrates <1000MBit) but it also crashed in some.

What is wrong?
What should I do?
Looking forward to....
Thanks in advance...
I have a laptop, Acer Aspire 5920G bought in Jan 2008

Intel core 2 duo T7300 (2 x 2GHz)

2GB ram

graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS memory 256MB up to 1024MB shared

I ve been using my laptop for 3 and a half years now with no problem. Since last week my laptop crashes ( the monitor goes black, freezes, and I have to force a shut down using the POWER key). This happened for the 1st time when I was playing Warcraft 3.... Ok, its not a high end game, and I ve played lots of games like the latest prince of persia and assassins creed 2, at medium quality with res 800x600 with a good framerate ( > 30fps)...

I use my laptop to:

1) play games once in a while, dont care about the graphics quality but the framerate, and never had an issue even with the latest games,

2) watch movies in BRRip quality, 720p, with bitrates more than 3000MBits in video quality,

3) connect laptop -> LCD TV (HDMI to HDMI), to watch movies in BRRip quality, 720p, with bitrates more than 3000MBits in video quality

(for movies I use KMplayer all these years)

What I noticed is that every time I start a graphics appl (game/ movie / connect to tv to watch a movie)my laptop crashes/freezes and I have to force a shut down using the POWER key, I use F8 to choose SAFE MODE, and restart my pc to see everything is fine.

I managed to view a few movies at low bitrate (700MB with video bitrates <1000MBit) but it also crashed in some.

What is wrong?

What should I do?

Looking forward to....

Thanks in advance...

Posted 05/17/2011 01:26 PM   
Scroll To Top