GTX 560 HDMI out to TV HDMI no output to TV
I have a new GTX560, monitor is connected via DVI cable, works fine,,,, I connected the HDMI from video card to Sony HDTV, both show up in Nvidia control panel, but it says Sony TV is not HDCP capable. ???? I had this working fine once,,, then it quit,,, then it worked,,, now it is not working again. My Sony TV input screen does not show input from HDMI cable from video card,,,, the TV will detect any component connected , then you can select the component you wish to use for input,,, HDMI inputs connected are Direct TV receiver, PS 3,, and GTX 560,,, but the GTX input/HDMI is greyed out on TV input selection screen. Like I said it has done this before,, then all of a sudden it worked. Any ideas,,,, maybe TV HDMI inputs need to be 'on' instead of auto detect ? I assume I can output both modes at the same time .
I have a new GTX560, monitor is connected via DVI cable, works fine,,,, I connected the HDMI from video card to Sony HDTV, both show up in Nvidia control panel, but it says Sony TV is not HDCP capable. ???? I had this working fine once,,, then it quit,,, then it worked,,, now it is not working again. My Sony TV input screen does not show input from HDMI cable from video card,,,, the TV will detect any component connected , then you can select the component you wish to use for input,,, HDMI inputs connected are Direct TV receiver, PS 3,, and GTX 560,,, but the GTX input/HDMI is greyed out on TV input selection screen. Like I said it has done this before,, then all of a sudden it worked. Any ideas,,,, maybe TV HDMI inputs need to be 'on' instead of auto detect ? I assume I can output both modes at the same time .

Posted 05/11/2011 02:54 AM   
I unplugged HDMI cable from Video card,,,,, Win7 PC detected the disconnect,,, plugged it back in,,, and PC detected the reconnect,,,, went to Sony TV, turned it on,,, hit input button on remote,, and NOW,,, HDMI 4 was highlighted,,, selected it and desktop was displayed on Sony TV just fine. What happens----- with reboots or pc shutdowns does it forget to send a signal on video card HDMI output ??? What can I do to avoid unplugging and replugging HDMI cable whenever I want the Sony to display ? Also,, there is no sound but that is fine,, I think if you enable HDMI sound,, it may turn off sound card sound ?????????????????? maybe ??????????
I unplugged HDMI cable from Video card,,,,, Win7 PC detected the disconnect,,, plugged it back in,,, and PC detected the reconnect,,,, went to Sony TV, turned it on,,, hit input button on remote,, and NOW,,, HDMI 4 was highlighted,,, selected it and desktop was displayed on Sony TV just fine. What happens----- with reboots or pc shutdowns does it forget to send a signal on video card HDMI output ??? What can I do to avoid unplugging and replugging HDMI cable whenever I want the Sony to display ? Also,, there is no sound but that is fine,, I think if you enable HDMI sound,, it may turn off sound card sound ?????????????????? maybe ??????????

Posted 05/11/2011 03:56 AM   
first of all plug in to HDMI port 1
second of all you can switch sounds in the sound options.
Just right click on the sound in the tray and open "Playback devices" then select your TV and click "Set Default".
thirdly you shouldn't have to plug in and plug out.

Just right click on the sound in the tray and open "Playback devices" then select your TV and click "Set Default".

CPU: i7-2600 PSU: 750W

RAM: 8GB kingston Mobo: Asus p8p67 B3

GFX: Gigabyte GTX 570 SLI

Posted 05/12/2011 07:44 AM   
[quote name='S.W.A.T.' date='12 May 2011 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1305186267' post='1236240']
[/quote]

Well I have 4 HDMI ports on my Sony TV,which is in a different room than PC. #1 is hooked to Sat. Receiver, #3 is hooked to PS3, #2 is Vacant ,,, and #4 is hooked to PC video card. I am not needing the sound with the HDMI, I used a y splitter from sound card to send audio to Surround sound system. All other HDMI devices work no matter what I do,,, but I 'think' on PC reboots, the video card HDMI does not find Sony TV. And you can not manually select HDMI port 4 with TV remote, it is 'grayed out' ,, or not seeing any incoming signal, until you disconnect and reconnect video card HDMI cable, then the TV shows incoming signal on HDMI 4.
[quote name='S.W.A.T.' date='12 May 2011 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1305186267' post='1236240']

Well I have 4 HDMI ports on my Sony TV,which is in a different room than PC. #1 is hooked to Sat. Receiver, #3 is hooked to PS3, #2 is Vacant ,,, and #4 is hooked to PC video card. I am not needing the sound with the HDMI, I used a y splitter from sound card to send audio to Surround sound system. All other HDMI devices work no matter what I do,,, but I 'think' on PC reboots, the video card HDMI does not find Sony TV. And you can not manually select HDMI port 4 with TV remote, it is 'grayed out' ,, or not seeing any incoming signal, until you disconnect and reconnect video card HDMI cable, then the TV shows incoming signal on HDMI 4.

Posted 05/12/2011 08:57 PM   
[quote name='PtownBubba' date='12 May 2011 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1305233821' post='1236445']
[/quote]

The problem is with you TV. It is not negotiating EDID correctly. You will need to look in the TV manuel to see if it wants the computer in a special slot, or you may need to turn on a setting. For my TV I had to Turn on HDMI-CEC in order for the Card to see my preamp as anything other then a 2 channel Stereo. It sounds like you are having a similar problem with your video. That's why it works when you mess with the cables once everything is turned on. You are forcing EDID to re-negotiate. It could also be a case of bad cables. If you have cheep HDMI cables it can do some really weird stuff. I would look into figuring out the EDID side first, that is cheaper the a $50 HDMI cable.
[quote name='PtownBubba' date='12 May 2011 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1305233821' post='1236445']

The problem is with you TV. It is not negotiating EDID correctly. You will need to look in the TV manuel to see if it wants the computer in a special slot, or you may need to turn on a setting. For my TV I had to Turn on HDMI-CEC in order for the Card to see my preamp as anything other then a 2 channel Stereo. It sounds like you are having a similar problem with your video. That's why it works when you mess with the cables once everything is turned on. You are forcing EDID to re-negotiate. It could also be a case of bad cables. If you have cheep HDMI cables it can do some really weird stuff. I would look into figuring out the EDID side first, that is cheaper the a $50 HDMI cable.

Posted 05/12/2011 11:59 PM   
I had a similar issue, i wanted the Audio to stream through HDMI so my TV could handle the audio for me and it turned out i had to open my NVidia control panel and specify i wanted the video card to transport audio Reading back through, i imagine the reason unplug and plug worked is that the card may have been assigning a new ID to it, resetting the old settings. Check the Nvidia control panel
I had a similar issue, i wanted the Audio to stream through HDMI so my TV could handle the audio for me and it turned out i had to open my NVidia control panel and specify i wanted the video card to transport audio
Reading back through, i imagine the reason unplug and plug worked is that the card may have been assigning a new ID to it, resetting the old settings. Check the Nvidia control panel

Posted 03/15/2013 11:45 AM   
Almost 2 year old thread this time :) Way to go!!! lol
Almost 2 year old thread this time :)
Way to go!!! lol

MS-Physics (Thermal Dynamics)/BA-IT/BS-Electronic Engineering And still going for more ;)~ Maybe Chem. next?
Owner/Lead R&D: Socomcomputers.com
Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/jake2gnt
Yes; I am Jerk.But I am a helpful jerk.I promise to help you to the best of my abilities.
My main rig:
OS- Win7 Pro x64 SP1 (core parking disabled)
CPU- FX8320 8 cores active @ 4.8Ghz 1.43vcore Liquid Cooled w/ chiller
-HT= 2750mhz / NB= 2450mhzRAM
-16Gb Viper 3 @ 2020Mhz (9-10-9-27)1.525v
Motherboard- Asus Crosshair V
Main Graphics- 3-way SLI EVGA GTX770 4Gb @ 1278Mhz core w/ 334.67 drivers Liquid Cooled
SSD1- Samsung 120GB (OS drive raid0)
SSD2- Samsung 120GB (OS drive raid0)
SSD3- Mushkin 240Gb (game drive)
HDD1- Samsung 1TB (media drive)
HDD2- Seagate Hybrid SSD/HDD 500Gb (back-up game drive)
Power Supply- TT Toughpower 1200w PSU
Samsung 27" 2560 x 1440p
STILL working Nvidia GPUs-FX5200,FX5700,6800GT,7900GT(x2),8800GTS(x2),9800GTX,GTX275(x2),GTX285(x2),GTX295(x2),GTX470(x3),GTX480,GTX660ti(x3)GTX770(x3)
HWbot Overclocking results
#192 of 2446 in United States Xtreme OC league

Posted 03/15/2013 12:25 PM   
Scroll To Top