Getting blank when querying fan speed from nvidia-settings nvidia-settings help
I'm experimenting with nvidia-settings (running in Ubuntu), and I decided that I wanted to query it for fan speed. I used the following on the command-line: nvidia-settings -q GPUCurrentFanSpeed

The output line was blank, but when I go into the NVidia X Server Settings GUI, I do see a value for the fan speed (30%). Does anyone know why there is a discrepency? I'm running nvidia-settings 260.19.06 (since it's what's in the Ubuntu Maverick repository). My graphics card is a Quadro FX 1800.
I'm experimenting with nvidia-settings (running in Ubuntu), and I decided that I wanted to query it for fan speed. I used the following on the command-line: nvidia-settings -q GPUCurrentFanSpeed

The output line was blank, but when I go into the NVidia X Server Settings GUI, I do see a value for the fan speed (30%). Does anyone know why there is a discrepency? I'm running nvidia-settings 260.19.06 (since it's what's in the Ubuntu Maverick repository). My graphics card is a Quadro FX 1800.

Posted 05/09/2011 09:02 PM   
[quote name='SandraE' date='09 May 2011 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1304974977' post='1235314']

[/quote]

I am interesting by the answer.

Is there anybody here ?
[quote name='SandraE' date='09 May 2011 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1304974977' post='1235314']

I am interesting by the answer.

Is there anybody here ?

Thank you for your help

JCD

MINI-TOWER : opensuse server 11.3 -- qosmio x500 win XP and desktop 11.3 -- acer aspire 7736g win 7 pro

Posted 05/01/2012 12:46 PM   
Scroll To Top