Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT (And Power Supply?) Upgrades
Hi everyone! I know nothing about graphics cards and have been trying to find solid information about upgrading... to no avail. If you reply this (and I hope you do!), please speak really plainly and explain all the terms you use.

Ok, so I have a pretty standard gaming rig.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Ram: 2.0 GB (Soon to be 4!)

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2, 32-bit

Video Card: GeForce 8500 GT

So that's great and all, but I want to upgrade my graphics card. I don't understand how they slot in, I don't know what my Power Supply is, and I don't know ANYTHING about them. I'm literally looking for a good upgrade that I can just buy and plug in, without having to worry about anything.

Is there any graphics card that you can think of that would be good for me? Just go off the specs of the 8500 GT in terms of size and power requirements. I can't open my case to find out because I have no anti-static wristband... yet.

If there are no cards that will give me a performance boost with the 8500 GT's power supply and size, can you (in very simple terms!) explain to me how I would upgrade my Power Supply.

I don't know if this helps, but my computer is Pavilion Media Center m8170.uk-a.

Thank you for your time! I know I'm hopeless D:
Hi everyone! I know nothing about graphics cards and have been trying to find solid information about upgrading... to no avail. If you reply this (and I hope you do!), please speak really plainly and explain all the terms you use.

Ok, so I have a pretty standard gaming rig.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Ram: 2.0 GB (Soon to be 4!)

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2, 32-bit

Video Card: GeForce 8500 GT

So that's great and all, but I want to upgrade my graphics card. I don't understand how they slot in, I don't know what my Power Supply is, and I don't know ANYTHING about them. I'm literally looking for a good upgrade that I can just buy and plug in, without having to worry about anything.

Is there any graphics card that you can think of that would be good for me? Just go off the specs of the 8500 GT in terms of size and power requirements. I can't open my case to find out because I have no anti-static wristband... yet.

If there are no cards that will give me a performance boost with the 8500 GT's power supply and size, can you (in very simple terms!) explain to me how I would upgrade my Power Supply.

I don't know if this helps, but my computer is Pavilion Media Center m8170.uk-a.

Thank you for your time! I know I'm hopeless D:

Posted 05/07/2011 06:32 PM   
Scroll To Top