IL2 Cliffs of Dover - 3D now working!
  1 / 2    
The latest beta patch has got 3D working. Should be released on Steam this Friday.

There are glitches however with some items not rendering correctly such as rivers and beaches.

Clouds and Shadows also create problems and are best turned off.

On the plus side the 3D aircraft are simply stunning in their detail and overall sheer beauty.

Link to [url="http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22238"]beta patch[/url]
The latest beta patch has got 3D working. Should be released on Steam this Friday.

There are glitches however with some items not rendering correctly such as rivers and beaches.

On the plus side the 3D aircraft are simply stunning in their detail and overall sheer beauty.

Link to beta patch

Posted 05/04/2011 07:04 AM   
[quote name='Flowbee_602' date='04 May 2011 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1304492677' post='1233274']

Link to [url="http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22238"]beta patch[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up. Very appreciated. So how is the water in 3D? Does it even work?Any chance for a few 3D screenshots?
[quote name='Flowbee_602' date='04 May 2011 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1304492677' post='1233274']

Link to beta patch

Thanks for the heads-up. Very appreciated. So how is the water in 3D? Does it even work?Any chance for a few 3D screenshots?

Game buying habit:3D games only

Intel Core i7 920 @4.2 GHz + ASUS P6T

Win7-64 Home Premium, GTX 770

Samsung HL61A750, Benq W1070 (123" of glorious 3D)

Posted 05/04/2011 06:38 PM   
So no water, no beaches, no trees, no clouds...

Great /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Is Nvidia even committed to supporting this technology with game developers? The number of games that just "work" without ruining something else in the game is disappointingly small.
So no water, no beaches, no trees, no clouds...

Great /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Is Nvidia even committed to supporting this technology with game developers? The number of games that just "work" without ruining something else in the game is disappointingly small.

Posted 05/04/2011 07:31 PM   
Water off, shadows off, clouds off... /shock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shock:' /> ... and it is supported really? /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
Water off, shadows off, clouds off... /shock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shock:' /> ... and it is supported really? /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Posted 05/04/2011 10:09 PM   
So far I've found these settings work best as they fix the rivers and beaches problem.

[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5068/5690040560_8554bd187a_b.jpg[/img]

The water is fine I'll get more screen shots now that I can upload them here.
So far I've found these settings work best as they fix the rivers and beaches problem.

The water is fine I'll get more screen shots now that I can upload them here.

Posted 05/05/2011 06:53 AM   
Here are pictures of water and clouds and also the problem if aircraft is in front of a cloud.

Hardly a show stopper though.
Here are pictures of water and clouds and also the problem if aircraft is in front of a cloud.

Posted 05/05/2011 07:17 AM   
I trust the developer, and you should give them their time, the potential is clearly there... Thanks for the screenshots, astounding, as expected.
I trust the developer, and you should give them their time, the potential is clearly there... Thanks for the screenshots, astounding, as expected.

Posted 05/05/2011 12:09 PM   
Very encouraging to say the least. I definitely will get this title, been hearing about it for half a decade already, now that it's 3D it's a done deal for me. Thank you for bringing the good news and the proofs /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> .

BTW, for people with PS3: I just got Motostorm Apocalypse yesterday, lots of 3D arcade racing fun. 3D effects are very acceptable.

[quote name='Flowbee_602' date='05 May 2011 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1304579846' post='1233636']

[/quote]
Very encouraging to say the least. I definitely will get this title, been hearing about it for half a decade already, now that it's 3D it's a done deal for me. Thank you for bringing the good news and the proofs /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> .

BTW, for people with PS3: I just got Motostorm Apocalypse yesterday, lots of 3D arcade racing fun. 3D effects are very acceptable.

[quote name='Flowbee_602' date='05 May 2011 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1304579846' post='1233636']

Game buying habit:3D games only

Intel Core i7 920 @4.2 GHz + ASUS P6T

Win7-64 Home Premium, GTX 770

Samsung HL61A750, Benq W1070 (123" of glorious 3D)

Posted 05/05/2011 04:28 PM   
@Flowbee: The screens look nice despite the issues. Especially the cockpitview and the aircrafts in general are very nice in 3D. So my question: How is the performance under 3D? I heard that this games has very serious performance issues even in 2D. So it must be almost unplayable in 3D?
@Flowbee: The screens look nice despite the issues. Especially the cockpitview and the aircrafts in general are very nice in 3D. So my question: How is the performance under 3D? I heard that this games has very serious performance issues even in 2D. So it must be almost unplayable in 3D?

Posted 05/06/2011 07:20 PM   
[quote name='Mustang84' date='06 May 2011 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1304709658' post='1234210']
[/quote]

I'm running it on an I5-760 overclocked at 3.4GHz although at stock 2.8Ghz the difference is only a few fps less - hardly noticeable. Graphics card is a GTX460 1Gb.

With the settings posted it runs absolutely fine and smooth. Over London with bombers and flak the frames start to become noticeable so I would guess ~20-24 fps at worst.
I haven't even run fraps as it really hasn't been an issue so far. A lot of improvements have been made in FPS since it launched. Still a lot of work required but the 3D models and cockpits are very impressive. Game seems unfinished and currently feels like a beta test - good fun for 3D enthusiasts though.

I also have a Q6600 2.9Ghz/GTX 260 1Gb combo I could try it out on next if needed.
[quote name='Mustang84' date='06 May 2011 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1304709658' post='1234210']

I'm running it on an I5-760 overclocked at 3.4GHz although at stock 2.8Ghz the difference is only a few fps less - hardly noticeable. Graphics card is a GTX460 1Gb.

With the settings posted it runs absolutely fine and smooth. Over London with bombers and flak the frames start to become noticeable so I would guess ~20-24 fps at worst.

I haven't even run fraps as it really hasn't been an issue so far. A lot of improvements have been made in FPS since it launched. Still a lot of work required but the 3D models and cockpits are very impressive. Game seems unfinished and currently feels like a beta test - good fun for 3D enthusiasts though.

I also have a Q6600 2.9Ghz/GTX 260 1Gb combo I could try it out on next if needed.

Posted 05/07/2011 10:10 PM   
I tried enabling 3d with the steam version (with patch)

And the left eye was black, it appears to be using the wrc profile, any way of forcing it to use a new/different profile?

I tried re-installing, no difference

Many thanks for any help
I tried enabling 3d with the steam version (with patch)

And the left eye was black, it appears to be using the wrc profile, any way of forcing it to use a new/different profile?

I tried re-installing, no difference

Many thanks for any help

Posted 05/14/2011 02:55 PM   
You need the 14413 beta patch.

Here is a [url="http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22505"]link[/url].

Another patch is due out on Tuesday I just hope it doesn't break it again /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />
You need the 14413 beta patch.

Here is a link.

Another patch is due out on Tuesday I just hope it doesn't break it again /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Posted 05/15/2011 09:30 AM   
I'm an old guy of 76 and in need of a bit of help with technology. My first flight was in a Tiger Moth circa 1952 and I love to re-create that great experience with CoD. I have no idea what is needed or what to do to enable CoD 3d. I have a 46 inch 60 Hz HD TV 3d capable, with LCD shutter glasses. My gear is Q6600 2.8GHz 4Gb DDR2, GTX580 3Gb. Running PhyzX in the CPU I can run CoD at about 30FPS on the highest settings, albeit with the odd momentary freeze or stutter. If anyone out there is able to feed me step by step instructions to enable CoD 3d I'd be very grateful. Thanks

[email="ahfok@optusnet.com.au"]Email me[/email]
I'm an old guy of 76 and in need of a bit of help with technology. My first flight was in a Tiger Moth circa 1952 and I love to re-create that great experience with CoD. I have no idea what is needed or what to do to enable CoD 3d. I have a 46 inch 60 Hz HD TV 3d capable, with LCD shutter glasses. My gear is Q6600 2.8GHz 4Gb DDR2, GTX580 3Gb. Running PhyzX in the CPU I can run CoD at about 30FPS on the highest settings, albeit with the odd momentary freeze or stutter. If anyone out there is able to feed me step by step instructions to enable CoD 3d I'd be very grateful. Thanks

[email="ahfok@optusnet.com.au"]Email me[/email]

Posted 11/18/2011 06:33 AM   
What is the model number of your 3DTV?
What is the model number of your 3DTV?

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)
Post here for support for 3D in BF4, BF devs will see it

Posted 11/18/2011 07:07 AM   
It is from KOGAN model # KALED463D1A
It is from KOGAN model # KALED463D1A

Posted 11/18/2011 11:50 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top