use 3D Vision Plugin in Silverlight Applications
Hello,

first of all I'm new in this forum and new in development of hompages with Silverlight. Normally I'm used to developed software with C/C++ or C#. At the moment I'm working at the Univeristy in a VR-Lab. Most of the time I work within a CAVE environment. Now we started to set up stereo pairs of 2D images in our CAVE. When I searched the web for stereo images I found the Nvidia 3D Vision Live page and was amazed what is possible with the NVidia technique. We also use that tecnique but only with full screen mode. When we saw this we decided to adopt this technique for our homepage to stream our 3D content.
And there my personal torture begins. I started working with MS Expression Blend to create a Silverlight application/homepage. Further I implemented the Microsoft Media Platform: Player Framework and created a player which is running on a clear webpage. That also works fine (see and try the project on the bottom of this post).
Now I tried to implement the 3D Vision plugin like shown in the manual. And there is the problem, I really cant figure out what to do. I implemented the code in the HTML file and referenced the 3D Vision plugin but nothing changed/happens.

Now my question is there another tutorial or example which shows the complete development process?? I'm really thankfully for every help I can get!

greetz
Stephan

[url="http://cms-server.ti-mmlab.haw-hamburg.de/typo4/fileadmin/user_upload/stephan/Projects/Silverlight_Videoplayer.7z"]Project ressources[/url]
Hello,

first of all I'm new in this forum and new in development of hompages with Silverlight. Normally I'm used to developed software with C/C++ or C#. At the moment I'm working at the Univeristy in a VR-Lab. Most of the time I work within a CAVE environment. Now we started to set up stereo pairs of 2D images in our CAVE. When I searched the web for stereo images I found the Nvidia 3D Vision Live page and was amazed what is possible with the NVidia technique. We also use that tecnique but only with full screen mode. When we saw this we decided to adopt this technique for our homepage to stream our 3D content.

And there my personal torture begins. I started working with MS Expression Blend to create a Silverlight application/homepage. Further I implemented the Microsoft Media Platform: Player Framework and created a player which is running on a clear webpage. That also works fine (see and try the project on the bottom of this post).

Now I tried to implement the 3D Vision plugin like shown in the manual. And there is the problem, I really cant figure out what to do. I implemented the code in the HTML file and referenced the 3D Vision plugin but nothing changed/happens.

Now my question is there another tutorial or example which shows the complete development process?? I'm really thankfully for every help I can get!

greetz

Stephan

Project ressources

Posted 04/28/2011 08:44 AM   
[quote name='stephanplaschke' date='28 April 2011 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1303980268' post='1231207']

[/quote]

Please take a look at this video and make sure that you have done all the necessary steps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2mEcpMFMM
[quote name='stephanplaschke' date='28 April 2011 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1303980268' post='1231207']

Please take a look at this video and make sure that you have done all the necessary steps.

Posted 04/28/2011 09:36 AM   
Hello,

THX for the tutorial. I followed it completely (only in MS Expression Blend not Visual Studio 2010). The result is still the same. Maybe the video-source is not correct (i tried the one from the video).

greetz

[quote name='H B' date='28 April 2011 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1303983397' post='1231225']
[/quote]
Hello,

THX for the tutorial. I followed it completely (only in MS Expression Blend not Visual Studio 2010). The result is still the same. Maybe the video-source is not correct (i tried the one from the video).

greetz

[quote name='H B' date='28 April 2011 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1303983397' post='1231225']

/>

Posted 04/28/2011 02:50 PM   
Hello stephanplaschke,

I saw the project resources files that you have provided in the link in your first post. (Silverlight_Videoplayer.7z)

Could you check the following:
1. Add namespaces at the start of the MainPage.xaml file. Refer 'NVIDIA 3DVision Plugin-04-11-2011.pdf' : Appendix B : XAML Code Snippet
2. Specify S3D properties for the media source in the playlist item in the MainPage.xaml
For example:
<smfm:PlaylistItem Title=... MediaSource=... DeliveryMethod="AdaptiveStreaming">
<smfm:PlaylistItem.S3DProperties>
<plugins3d:S3DProperties S3DEyePriority="LeftFirst" S3DFormat="SideBySide" S3DLeftEyePAR="2.0" S3DRightEyePAR="2.0"/>
</smfm:PlaylistItem.S3DProperties>
</smfm:PlaylistItem>
3. The MediaSource specified in your project (Big buck bunny) is probably not a 3D media source. Try the following as a sample:
http://hd.3dvisionlive.com/ondemand/videos/NVIDIA_3DV/NVIDIA_3DV_PC_1080p30.ism/Manifest
4. The NVIDIA plugin is not added to the references. Please remove the anaglyph3d plugin dll and add the NVStereo3DPlugin.dll to the references.

Could you provide the link to your updated project?
Hello stephanplaschke,

I saw the project resources files that you have provided in the link in your first post. (Silverlight_Videoplayer.7z)

1. Add namespaces at the start of the MainPage.xaml file. Refer 'NVIDIA 3DVision Plugin-04-11-2011.pdf' : Appendix B : XAML Code Snippet

2. Specify S3D properties for the media source in the playlist item in the MainPage.xaml

For example:

<smfm:PlaylistItem Title=... MediaSource=... DeliveryMethod="AdaptiveStreaming">

<plugins3d:S3DProperties S3DEyePriority="LeftFirst" S3DFormat="SideBySide" S3DLeftEyePAR="2.0" S3DRightEyePAR="2.0"/>

3. The MediaSource specified in your project (Big buck bunny) is probably not a 3D media source. Try the following as a sample:

http://hd.3dvisionlive.com/ondemand/videos/NVIDIA_3DV/NVIDIA_3DV_PC_1080p30.ism/Manifest

4. The NVIDIA plugin is not added to the references. Please remove the anaglyph3d plugin dll and add the NVStereo3DPlugin.dll to the references.

Posted 04/29/2011 04:15 AM   
Hello gkale,

THX for the help. I made a new project and followed the video and your instructions. The problem is still the same, the video is not running. Now I have also the problem that the playlist is still empty. I added a item to the playlist in the html file, like shown in the video. You said I should add it in the XAML file. There I had the problem that I dont know the exact syntax. The code snippet you posted here is not working in my case.

At the bottom you can find a link to the new project ressources.

Greetz
Steph

[url="http://cms-server.ti-mmlab.haw-hamburg.de/typo4/fileadmin/user_upload/stephan/Projects/Silverlight_Test_Application.7z"]Project ressource[/url]

[quote name='gkale' date='29 April 2011 - 06:15 AM' timestamp='1304050527' post='1231518']
Hello stephanplaschke,

For example:

[/quote]
Hello gkale,

THX for the help. I made a new project and followed the video and your instructions. The problem is still the same, the video is not running. Now I have also the problem that the playlist is still empty. I added a item to the playlist in the html file, like shown in the video. You said I should add it in the XAML file. There I had the problem that I dont know the exact syntax. The code snippet you posted here is not working in my case.

At the bottom you can find a link to the new project ressources.

Greetz

Steph

Project ressource

[quote name='gkale' date='29 April 2011 - 06:15 AM' timestamp='1304050527' post='1231518']

Hello stephanplaschke,

For example:

Posted 05/02/2011 08:21 AM   
Hello stephanplaschke,

I downloaded and tried your project files. I had to make the following changes to make it work locally:

1. In Silverlight_Test_Application -> References, the Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.dll was getting picked up from one of my old folders.
This was causing dependent assembly version conflicts.
To avoid this, I removed it from the references and added it again, but this time explicitly from your project path
<>Silverlight_Test_Application\Silverlight_Test_Application\dependencies\ Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.dll
(You may or may not face this problem based on the installed version of the dll)

2. In the Default.html page of your project files needed to make the following corrections:
(1) </form> was missing at the end. Added it.
(2) <EnableCaption>false</EnableCaption> changed to <EnableCaptions>false</EnableCaptions>
(spell error)
(3) <Describtion>3D Sample LR NVIDIA</Describtion changed to <Description>3D Sample LR NVIDIA</Description>
(spell error + missing '>' at the end)
(Refer 'NVIDIA 3DVision Plugin-04-11-2011.pdf' : Appendix B : HTML Code Snippet)

Could you try the above and let know?
(Have also attached your modified project files along)
Hello stephanplaschke,

I downloaded and tried your project files. I had to make the following changes to make it work locally:

1. In Silverlight_Test_Application -> References, the Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.dll was getting picked up from one of my old folders.

This was causing dependent assembly version conflicts.

To avoid this, I removed it from the references and added it again, but this time explicitly from your project path

<>Silverlight_Test_Application\Silverlight_Test_Application\dependencies\ Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.dll

(You may or may not face this problem based on the installed version of the dll)

2. In the Default.html page of your project files needed to make the following corrections:

(1) </form> was missing at the end. Added it.

(2) <EnableCaption>false</EnableCaption> changed to <EnableCaptions>false</EnableCaptions>

(spell error)

(3) <Describtion>3D Sample LR NVIDIA</Describtion changed to <Description>3D Sample LR NVIDIA</Description>

(spell error + missing '>' at the end)

(Refer 'NVIDIA 3DVision Plugin-04-11-2011.pdf' : Appendix B : HTML Code Snippet)

Could you try the above and let know?

(Have also attached your modified project files along)

Posted 05/03/2011 06:21 AM   
Hello gkale,

thx for the help!! The project works now! Only spelling errors, cant believe that. Corrected it allready by my self and looked several times in the manual and couldnt see the problem. Now it works fine and I will work on an implementation on our homepage. Will post the result here!

greetz
stephan
Hello gkale,

thx for the help!! The project works now! Only spelling errors, cant believe that. Corrected it allready by my self and looked several times in the manual and couldnt see the problem. Now it works fine and I will work on an implementation on our homepage. Will post the result here!

greetz

stephan

Posted 05/04/2011 06:51 AM   
[quote name='H B' date='28 April 2011 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1303983397' post='1231225']
[/quote]
your stupid fing video is set to private you dumb ****
[quote name='H B' date='28 April 2011 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1303983397' post='1231225']

/>

your stupid fing video is set to private you dumb ****

Posted 04/02/2012 07:42 PM   
Scroll To Top